News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus said this when?
Before the Labor government came into power...Before the 172nd interest rise with labour in power...Before the record inflation since labour came into power...that's when Gus said it!

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That type of coin for a prop is insane to me. I know we desperate but I don't think it's a good long term investment. We really are stuffed for forwards though

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That type of coin for a prop is insane to me. I know we desperate but I don't think it's a good long term investment. We really are stuffed for forwards though
Caps gone up about 25% from 2023 to 2022. To put into perspective, $1million in 2024 will be equal to about $800,000 in 2022.

I agree it's big money on a forward, but relative to the cap it's not unprecedented.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can get king back to offloading & get AFB, that one two offloading metre gaining combo will be dangerous the one thing is loved about sexton is he was always sniffing around the ruck for a late offload something he could teach Burton hopefully oh and something Avo done so well also shame he left. Dreams are free I guess haha but just imagine the potential their.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caps gone up about 25% from 2023 to 2022. To put into perspective, $1million in 2024 will be equal to about $800,000 in 2022.

I agree it's big money on a forward, but relative to the cap it's not unprecedented.
I just remembered we paid Thompson like 850k.. so this sounds cheap when I think of it that way lol

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We haven’t even said from the club they can afford it under current commitments. Once the club officially gets involved I think we have this in the wrong thread and is pie in the sky stuff

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We haven’t even said from the club they can afford it under current commitments. Once the club officially gets involved I think we have this in the wrong thread and is pie in the sky stuff
We’ve barely spent TPJs moula, plus the cap has gone up.

Also - I don’t recall us having much in the way of ratchet clauses.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The warriors ceo has nothing but good things to say about Gus. Even said Gus set up many pathways in NZ.
If we have so much cap to spare were some people mentioned we might have to spread it out across our lower tiered players let’s offer AFB 1.5 for the first year
We need this signing

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We’ve barely spent TPJs moula, plus the cap has gone up.

Also - I don’t recall us having much in the way of ratchet clauses.
There may have been increases for players plus the purchasing of new players I believe we should all just chill till we know he might not even get a release yet