News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trying hard to not get hyped up, he would be a amazing get if we landed him and he's exactly what we need.

Expect the worst, hope for the best is how I'm approaching this.
Only way to go :grinning:

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only issue there is Ben Hunt, grant his wish for immediate release and bang you have $$$$
I can't see them releasing Hunt. Amone might be going to prison, they already released Sullivan & Mbye. Right now their only recognised halves for next season that are guaranteed to be available are Hunt and Flanagan.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting information found when trying to see if there really is a Gus connection. His original contract with NZ ended this year, but he extended another 5 years, just last year. Bit of a worry aye, that he’s now wanting out after signing a very long extension. Second club he’s requested a release from too.
Agreed! But go knows we need him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he pulls this off, ill be pulling off every **** in this forum.

YOU GET A WRISTY!
YOU GET A WRISTY!
*Looks at Nasheed*
YOU'RE GONNA GIVE ME A WRISTY!
So, that's two looking to pull off in the forum. Can I join to make it a party?

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is a totally silly proposition. Obviously you haven't had an ill sibling/parent in another country by suggesting fly in/fly out care.
Just because he says his mum is sick, doesn't make it true. Do you honestly believe his story.

Left Manly on compassionate grounds. (hanging around the wrong crowd) Gus was at the WAHS

Wanting out of WAHS. Rumoured to be going to Dogs. (the wrong crowd would still be around) Gus at Dogs.

He was Dog bound until Hasler said nope.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just because he says his mum is sick, doesn't make it true. Do you honestly believe his story.

Left Manly on compassionate grounds. (hanging around the wrong crowd) Gus was at the WAHS

Wanting out of WAHS. Rumoured to be going to Dogs. (the wrong crowd would still be around) Gus at Dogs.

He was Dog bound until Hasler said nope.
Haven't got a clue what his circumstances are or whether it's true. That's up to him to provide any proof to Warriors if they ask for it about the compassionate grounds for releasing him.

He has probably grown up a tad since the bad influence days at Manly...can't verify that either and whether it would be an on-going concern for him by returning to Oz...he'll probably have to one day anyway lol.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Warriors won't release him. Dogs need to look else where imo.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The sad reality to all this is the warriors will need to be compensated with another quality middle or a player of their choosing. Do we really have the calibre of player to not only offer this but trump the stronger teams?? Cant see it happening
Whoever gets him will need plenty of available cap money, I don't see anyone swapping a million dollar player for him,clubs tend to wanna keep them. The club who gets him will likely be paying freight on the player they let go,plus need the million plus for AFB

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed! But go knows we need him.
If we could get any prop I’d want him or Haas. It would be a massive win. Not signing any of those other players we’ve been linked with like Twal, Sele, Seafarth et al is a worry but at the same time reassuring, because they’re average anyway. Sele would have been good but the rest wouldn’t improve us. AFB on the other hand would dramatically improve us.