News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
The sad reality to all this is the warriors will need to be compensated with another quality middle or a player of their choosing. Do we really have the calibre of player to not only offer this but trump the stronger teams?? Cant see it happening

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warriors’ ceo is considering the release. He is getting paid 1 mil and the Warriors were 1 game away the Grand Final. It must be dire situation for him to request a release. Hopefully we take advantage and pay whatever it takes.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re trolling again. Why are the dragons better? They finished below us with a better points differential? How did that help them? They self destruct every season, their back office is in shambles and their marquee player wants out. Are they better because Flanagan went there?

The only thing they have is the coach who if I’m honest I wish we had landed.

Outside of that we have one thing most others don’t and that’s $$$ and plenty of it. We are in a better position.
The only guy who can truly steer a player away from warriors is gussy boy. Let the signing spree continue. #proudtobeabulldog

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it’s between Dogs and Dragons, the Dragons have shown their hand with the big money play for Manu…
I think the only thing that works in our favour is that he wants an immediate release. With the release of Thompson, TPJ and a few others we would have plenty in our cap for 2024. The Dragons is are locked into a few big deals for 2024 who come off contract at the end of next year. In 2025 they would have more money in their cap, hence why they offered Manu big money for that year.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I think the only thing that works in our favour is that he wants an immediate release. With the release of Thompson, TPJ and a few others we would have plenty in our cap for 2024. The Dragons is are locked into a few big deals for 2024 who come off contract at the end of next year. In 2025 they would have more money in their cap, hence why they offered Manu big money for that year.
Only issue there is Ben Hunt, grant his wish for immediate release and bang you have $$$$

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if they’ll do what they did with Walsh and make the agreement that they choose the team he can go back to. Which is his past club. That wouldn’t surprise me.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Drags playing the "junior" card is interesting, considering the terms on which he left then in the first place (domestic violence).

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You’re trolling again. Why are the dragons better? They finished below us with a better points differential? How did that help them? They self destruct every season, their back office is in shambles and their marquee player wants out. Are they better because Flanagan went there?

The only thing they have is the coach who if I’m honest I wish we had landed.

Outside of that we have one thing most others don’t and that’s $$$ and plenty of it. We are in a better position.
Why ask me a question if you're just gonna answer it yourself? Doesn't matter how much money you spend if the coach picks his nose with a pencil.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. However, he is one of the best props in the game. Even having him for 2-3 years would be sublime.
Yeah I wouldn’t mind either man. I was just surprised that he extended his deal another 5 years only last year.

It sucks but this is the NRL player market situation these days. I remember being gutted when Klemmer wanted a release but now it’s just part of the game. Get them when you can and if they’re good, try to keep them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let’s judge the Dragons coach when his players aren’t juiced up
I'm not saying Flanagan is Bellamy, but he's competent and a huge step up from Ciraldo.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Side note: What a joke contracts are these days. He leaves Manly to go to the Warriors on compassionate grounds, now wants to leave Warriors to go back to Sydney on compassionate grounds. Poor Warriors.

In saying that, if the Dogs don’t get him I’m gonna be PISSED!!!!! This is our chance!!!!
The fact he signed on last year for an extra 5 years tells me @KiwiDog7 is probably right in his mum being sick. Surely you wouldn’t extend for that long, have a really good season individually and collectively and then want out. No way. Something has happened that he really wants to be back in Sydney for.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be devastating to miss out on Tino, Haas and AFB.
AFB would be so fucking good in helping Patalo develop, playing off the back of him would do the boy wonders.
There is one major difference between the 3. AFB has requested a release. Tino didn’t from memory and Haas did, but it was quite some time before he changed his tune and then looked like staying in Brisbane.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's for the extra money. :tearsofjoy:

WAHS can let him use the private jet to get home if Mum has a bad turn & use it to get back to NZ. lol
That is a totally silly proposition. Obviously you haven't had an ill sibling/parent in another country by suggesting fly in/fly out care.

Wahs were happy to dump Curran and conveniently get rid of him . It happens to other players and to other clubs. All part of the footy circus bc we dont have a trade period or mechanism for this eventuality. Circumstances change and footy players are employees like most other contracted workers....it's up to Warriors how they proceed.