Train marshalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so were going to have train marshalls during peak hour making sure that people are organised like sheep so that every train takes 60 seconds (1 minute)

i actually like this idea tbh, make sure that everyone clears away to let people off and then make sure people get cutt off once 60 seconds is up

i havent been on the peak hour trains in a long time but it sounds like a good move, the news is trying to make it that its going to be like japanese trains and pushing people into the carriage but thats obviously not the case

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that part about cutting people off already exists.. People are usually cut off from boarding when the doors close.

Why they need someone to tell them they can no longer get on when this happens is beyond me.. Do people nowadays need to be told not to try and walk through closed doors?

Waste of taxpayer money.. much like every other idea they seem to come up with now and then, while they ignore the bigger issues.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I think that part about cutting people off already exists.. People are usually cut off from boarding when the doors close.

Why they need someone to tell them they can no longer get on when this happens is beyond me.. Do people nowadays need to be told not to try and walk through closed doors?

Waste of taxpayer money.. much like every other idea they seem to come up with now and then, while they ignore the bigger issues.
yeah but previously the train would have trouble making the cut off because people are still getting on board when the 60 seconds (1 minute) is up, its not like they can slam the doors on people

also its good for general organisation because peak hour people are retards standing in front of the doors before the ones on the train can get out

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think its a good idea (as a regular train goer)

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some sicko will use this as an opportunity to grope

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
railcorp needs to put on more trains not use marshals

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
railcorp needs to put on more trains not use marshals
the city circle is the problem tbh, pretty much 1 way in and 1 way out ffs

whoever designed it is a retard or is living in the 1930's

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AS I train driver I hated coming into town hall and Wynyard stations during peak periods. The platforms would be full before I would arrive then those people would need to get off first and other get on, it's a miracle that people were not seriously hurt. There is not enough room for the amount of commuters, either make more platforms or make the existing ones bigger.

Rodzilla, the city circle was built in the 1920's, 30's and finished off in the 50's when Circular Quay was finished.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

They have created more taxpayers by employing the marshals. Whatever they spend at a shop funds jobs at the shop too. Employing people is good for the economy because they have more money to spend. Sacking people does the opposite so I can't see the harm in more jobs even if they are of questionable necessity. If this idea works and keeps trains closer to schedule they'll potentially have saved hundreds of millions in the cost of building new infrastructure. Building new lines would almost certainly cause more delays too. Sometimes simple solutions work, maybe this will.

In response to the part about people needing to be told what to do, yes they often do. People alone can be stupid, people crammed into a bunch frustrated and annoyed after a day at work are even more stupid. It's usually an every man/woman for themselves situation and even if someone tries to stop it doesn't mean the person behind them is going to stop pushing if they think they can make it through.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great thread

dont use public transport but i know our ****tyrail system is by far the worst in the world.

last I heard we were second worst with the UK last.

I've been to Thailand recently and I was mind blown how efficient their train system is.

Japan I've been to as well can't even compare Japan to Australia.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
It's simple .... we pack up Sydney, move to Nowra and start again from scratch.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great thread

dont use public transport but i know our ****tyrail system is by far the worst in the world.

I've been to Thailand recently and I was mind blown how efficient their train system is.

Malaysia's Rail system is way better than ours, and they are a third qworld country

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
It's been a while since I regularly caught peak hour trains to the city, but from memory the problem is the folks who stand 'near' the doors that refuse to move upstairs/downstairs to stand when train seats are full ... marshalls need to get on trains and make sure those fux are moving along first.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They have created more taxpayers by employing the marshals. Whatever they spend at a shop funds jobs at the shop too. Employing people is good for the economy because they have more money to spend. Sacking people does the opposite so I can't see the harm in more jobs even if they are of questionable necessity. If this idea works and keeps trains closer to schedule they'll potentially have saved hundreds of millions in the cost of building new infrastructure. Building new lines would almost certainly cause more delays too. Sometimes simple solutions work, maybe this will.
So in order to create jobs.. They gonna start hiring people to push the button at crossing signals next? The problem is, instead of finding permanent solutions, the government finds band-aid solutions to ever growing problems.

They find it more necessary to send ridiculous amounts of money to other countries to help build schools and what not, when the schools in Australia are closing down mid-year, the transport infrastructure is abysmal and companies/factories are closing at the drop of a dime.

Creating unnecessary jobs is not a solution, using that money to keep schools and businesses afloat is a permanent solution to those people keeping jobs, rather than getting the sack and resorting to being a "train marshal".

In the long run, it would cost less to put up those glass barriers they have at Olympic park that only open to let people on the train, once the current passengers have gotten off and then close once the train prepares to take off again.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread

The scary thing is that there are a lot of managers at Cityrail who come from the UK.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score

In response to the part about people needing to be told what to do, yes they often do. People alone can be stupid, people crammed into a bunch frustrated and annoyed after a day at work are even more stupid. It's usually an every man/woman for themselves situation and even if someone tries to stop it doesn't mean the person behind them is going to stop pushing if they think they can make it through.
That's just silly. Taxing people in order to pay for marshalls that are not useful is BAD for the economy, because that money (had it not been taxed) would have been spent by the people who earnt it in a useful manner (i.e going to the cinema/museum) wich would increase the number of people employed in useful avenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.