Rumour TPJ

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it happened every other NRL fan would be onto the NRL demanding they go over Roosters books.

Highly improbable this one.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard we're negotiating for JWH.
This I like… one needs experience, particularly in the forwards + he’s an alpha - need some mongrel in a powder-puff pack… he’s a level below Jack Hetherington in the loco department so he’s going to stay on the field more than he’s off it.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters aren’t chasing an overpriced lazy forward who needs to be cuddled every time things aren’t going his way and who doesn’t like playing in the middle.
we’ll resign Luke Thompson for half what he’s on now and TPJ will see out his contract… very few options out there for 2024.
Close this shit thread.
P.s Big Nelson will not leave Melbourne so stop dreaming.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me or has the TPJ vibes since joining us been super weird? Has always appeared as an odd fit…. Square in a round hole thing
I think he probably has mental issues and it’s a case of having to treat him carefully. I may be completely wrong, but that’s the impression that I get. I think it’s easy to read too much into minor signs though.

He’s had some good performances for us and other clubs, but the gap between his best and worst is too wide. That’s always been the issue. That’s why I don’t care if we cut him loose. What we need is reliable and tough, hard working forwards.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roosters aren’t chasing an overpriced lazy forward who needs to be cuddled every time things aren’t going his way and who doesn’t like playing in the middle.
we’ll resign Luke Thompson for half what he’s on now and TPJ will see out his contract… very few options out there for 2024.
Close this shit thread.
P.s Big Nelson will not leave Melbourne so stop dreaming.
Then NAS would of extended by now, you don't leave it this late if you're 100% staying. We have a lot of money to spend and he's literally the only one left we can spend it on. We need 2 elite/quality middles, Thompson might be kept as the 2nd one (I'd get rid) but we need a marquee as well.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a generational thing.. Walking on eggshells for everything in case you upset someone (or plural for our non binary) , everyone wins a medal, there’s no 1st or last, Supermodels have to include short, large or generally not so pretty, equality for everything even if it doesn’t make sense etc etc..

TPJ didn’t go to the World Cup because he was focused on the Dogs and 23 ( but he will train for a fight and successfully fulfill that obligation) but then suddenly injured before the season starts when that same club could use him more than ever.

He hasn’t earns the right to be a Dog and if he left, who cares… terrible signing in hindsight.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Then NAS would of extended by now, you don't leave it this late if you're 100% staying. We have a lot of money to spend and he's literally the only one left we can spend it on. We need 2 elite/quality middles, Thompson might be kept as the 2nd one (I'd get rid) but we need a marquee as well.
Melbourne will have enough in its coffers for NAS.. they just lost 3 representative forwards

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the latest...$BW is mentoring both TPJ & Haas to join the Rorters on train and trial contract :tearsofjoy:
Haas on a train and trial contract would be a joke, actuall I'd love for him to come to Belmore. he would have al of of Muslim friends here

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Melbourne will have enough in its coffers for NAS.. they just lost 3 representative forwards
Their cap pretty tight. That happens when your spine is on ~4m. Let's see if they compete with a 800-900k offer with probably an extra year more than what they're willing. There is obviously a reason why he hasn't extended yet, Storm not 100%.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Their cap pretty tight. That happens when your spine is on ~4m. Let's see if they compete with a 800-900k offer with probably an extra year more than what they're willing. There is obviously a reason why he hasn't extended yet, Storm not 100%.
Yeah good point mate.. let’s hope he’s looking for a change.. he’ll probably end up at the roosters ha

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who even cares at this point. We look years away from being competitive once again. I swear we are the only club so dumb that we sign a player for big money just for them to sign elsewhere with us chipping in. Gus’s five year plan and Penrith will be 15 for us

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The successful teams invest heavily in having quality in their spine.
We continue to rely on a bog average spine expecting them to turn in to rock stars and instead pay overs for hot and cold forwards.