Opinion TPJ

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loving this guy more and more every single week, he has (touch wood) reigned in his discipline and when hes on, genuinely one of the most damaging forwards in the comp, him saying he believes we ll be a powerhouse club again in 3 seasons and hes gonna be a big part of that. Isnt it nice aswell for someone to have his teammates back, hes a proper bulldog, had tino quaking in his boots to the point, he came off when TPJ came on after he tried a cheap shot shoulder shot that failed, he then only came back on when TPJ came off lol, hes becoming one of my favourite bulldogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loving this guy more and more every single week, he has (touch wood) reigned in his discipline and when hes on, genuinely one of the most damaging forwards in the comp, him saying he believes we ll be a powerhouse club again in 3 seasons and hes gonna be a big part of that. Isnt it nice aswell for someone to have his teammates back, hes a proper bulldog, had tino quaking in his boots to the point, he came off when TPJ came on after he tried a cheap shot shoulder shot that failed, he then only came back on when TPJ came off lol, hes becoming one of my favourite bulldogs
It's 02:28 and all I read was that you want to touch his wood ... I need sleep. Goodnight.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's 02:40 and I'm still up thinking how anyone thought TPJ was anything other than shit today
I don’t think he should have been used in the manner he was, mentally he was ready for war and violence and by the time he was brought on he couldn’t really inflict any of that and then he was taken off not long after for HIA and then replaced and brought back on late. Alot of hit and miss.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here he is, dogs most negative supporter lol
Knowledgeable, passionate(I think) but definitely glass half empty is our Marley.
I've given up I tried for a while when I joined but he is a leopard who cannot change his spots :grinning:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think he should have been used in the manner he was, mentally he was ready for war and violence and by the time he was brought on he couldn’t really inflict any of that and then he was taken off not long after for HIA and then replaced and brought back on late. Alot of hit and miss.
Yep I reckon Harry chose to avoid a massive clash and potentially a month suspension, TPJ would have been pissed off at that but lives to fight for us another day I.e giving that mangina Klemmer some serious shit next week.
I never expected him to be a weapon every game so a quiet game is hardly concerning to me or most I think.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally agree with this.

I get why Potter would have been hesitant to start him given all the talk during the week and the likelihood of TPJ trying too hard and getting sent off… but he would have been far more damaging in the first 20 minutes and would have put the fear of God into Tino and a few of his grub mates.

Even though TPJ went for Tino on his first run, I actually thought he backed down a bit just before he hit the line. I figure he looked up, found Tino, saw some of his own crazy eyes reflected back at him, and thought better of it at the last minute!

Now we just need him to run at Gagai a few times next week.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was pretty bad today. Vaughan, King, JMK, Jackson carried the defense and when 3 out of 4 were off, we let in basically all of the titans second half tries. We kinda got an okay player in Sutton in terms of defense in which is very good but thats about all he offers. Really need a fair few more props to make loads of work in which TPJ doesn’t do.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Personally think Stuckey should be getting a first grade debut over Patolo who yesterday only played 6 minutes in which was very confusing. Stuckey provides depth at backrow and prop aswell for when Patolo goes off for his gamely HIA lol.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally think Stuckey should be getting a first grade debut over Patolo who yesterday only played 6 minutes in which was very confusing. Stuckey provides depth at backrow and prop aswell for when Patolo goes off for his gamely HIA lol.
Patolo hasnt improved, maybe due to headknocks - what i dont get is playing him for only 6 minutes. NSW Cup have a bye next week may as well put Skelton on the bench - even if he plays for a ten minute period - only way he will get any game time next week.

Stuckey is much better in the middle than on the edge

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree with this.

I get why Potter would have been hesitant to start him given all the talk during the week and the likelihood of TPJ trying too hard and getting sent off… but he would have been far more damaging in the first 20 minutes and would have put the fear of God into Tino and a few of his grub mates.

Even though TPJ went for Tino on his first run, I actually thought he backed down a bit just before he hit the line. I figure he looked up, found Tino, saw some of his own crazy eyes reflected back at him, and thought better of it at the last minute!

Potters plan worked we need fast starts with out wide scoring tries.

Malla

Reaction score
Totally agree with this.

We can assume but I think Potters strategy worked. We built a big lead before TPJ came. Funnily enough when TPJ was on, Titans put on some points both in the first and second half.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see TPJ play a game at prop with some simple instructions. Make meters and get a quick play the ball. Use him as a basic wrecking ball and see how he goes. Otherwise I think he overplays and gets a bit selfish.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think it matters if he starts or is off the bench he just needs to do better. He came on and charged at Tino and then the rest of his runs were sideways or running at the edge players. He then did fuck all in defence. I don't know if he got limited minutes because he's injured or because he done nothing when he was actually on.