Tpj to retire from nrl

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Gallen says Pangirl won't be champ and I agree with him.

He will get eaten alive by the first real boxer he faces.
Its just doesn't smell right, give up $750k a year for a payday here and there.

I can see TPJ'S boxing career drying up and him returning to footy within 2-3 years

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What an ungrateful prick. Making his parents look bad. He should be glad that they guided him to play league. Don't know how he did academically but league has pretty much set him up for life.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What an ungrateful prick. Making his parents look bad. He should be glad that they guided him to play league. Don't know how he did academically but league has pretty much set him up for life.
Yeah no respect for the **** throwing his parents under the bus like that... what goes around comes around.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You would be surprised how some Pasifika parents financially control players well into their adulthood. Sone players would be expected to fund the lives of entire families. I know of some well known players who have had long careers who have been through this. Not saying this has been TPJs experience but the cultural expectations are unique in Pasifika households. It is not as simple as being guided into an Nrl career.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He will be a pilchard either next year or 2025.
By 2025 Bennett will be gone and Kristian Woolf will be the Dolphin’s coach. But knowing Bennett he won’t simply retire, put his feet up and go live in his mansion. He’s not built that way.

Always a Bulldog

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet any money sonny bill been in his ear. And won’t surprise me if he ends up at chooks after 2 years .

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gallen says Pangirl won't be champ and I agree with him.

He will get eaten alive by the first real boxer he faces.
He will be fed east oppentz on no limit for 3-4 with some fake titles then eventually face someone who was once champ and on their way out. He’s coached by Chris mcullen, no one Chris has trained Has become a world champ. I used to spar there when I was younger and when ever you fought their guys they were arrogant , the highest ranked was Trent broadhurst who had a glass jaw and bitched out when he fought Bivol. Fuck tpj I wouldn’t even be playing him after the comments about never wanted to play league

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its just doesn't smell right, give up $750k a year for a payday here and there.

I can see TPJ'S boxing career drying up and him returning to footy within 2-3 years
I give him 2-3 months into the season LOL

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way should this flog be named in the team for rest of season after his recent interview on tv.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No way should this flog be named in the team for rest of season after his recent interview on tv.
You want him to start his holiday early and force the rest of the fatigued softies to cover for a $750k player?

I say make him play 80! :grinning:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone really care if he ends up playing footy again, he wasn't good at two different clubs and what makes people think he will be any different elsewhere.

We should all just be happy he's bailed on us so we can move forward without him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone really care if he ends up playing footy again, he wasn't good at two different clubs and what makes people think he will be any different elsewhere.

We should all just be happy he's bailed on us so we can move forward without him.
Exactly. It was never going to work out here for either the player, or club. We can't have these high maintence types in the team. We have neither the time, nor expertise, to spend on them.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. It was never going to work out here for either the player, or club. We can't have these high maintence types in the team. We have neither the time, nor expertise, to spend on them.
Our vetting or lack of needs to be better, look at the storm for eg, they send them to do manual labor.

Half our players would fold and instantly tell us they aren't good enough for the game, would tpj last a week digging trenches?