Tpj to retire from nrl

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His first touch of the ball he gets stripped by a HB in Fogarty. Instead of focusing on hitting the ball up and getting a quick play the ball, his first thought was offload hence the crap ball security.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He shouldn't play again this year.

We won't miss his 15 mins anyways.

Skelton can be on the bench, he already is a better middle than Pangirl and he is on the wing.

Or even Hughes, they re-sign him then don't play him since.

Fkn stupidity from the SuperAssistant

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still can’t believe there’s no legal ramification to the lies they publish. Any other profession you would be in litigation up to your neck
yep, until there is they will continue to make up rubbish.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bennett has already said he'd welcome TPJ if he decides to return to the NRL. I'm thinking this retirement is a scheme masterminded by the king of the bus drivers to move pangai to another club somehow. If he tries to sign with someone else before his contract would have expired with us I hope the club blocks it instead of meekly copping this shit. As much as tpj is over rated, he still prevented us from having the cash on hand to throw at a marquee that might've been available earlier in the year if he'd announced this sooner.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He shouldn't play again this year.

We won't miss his 15 mins anyways.

Skelton can be on the bench, he already is a better middle than Pangirl and he is on the wing.

Or even Hughes, they re-sign him then don't play him since.

Fkn stupidity from the SuperAssistant
It's decisions like these for example of many, that make you wonder if CC gets it or can ever improve.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone see the channel 9 report on why Pangirl quit? All I heard was something about Brisbane.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The cat will end up back in Brisbane somewhere

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone see the channel 9 report on why Pangirl quit? All I heard was something about Brisbane.
I did mate, was actually a good interview. Nothing about footy just wanting to give boxing a go. Saying that he doesn’t give he’s all for footy and it’s not fair on coach to continue. Said never liked footy but was pressured/forced into playing by parents from a young age. That bit was a little confronting and I feel for him. Saying it’s just expected from poly kids

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mate, was actually a good interview. Nothing about footy just wanting to give boxing a go. Saying that he doesn’t give he’s all for footy and it’s not fair on coach to continue. Said never liked footy but was pressured/forced into playing by parents from a young age. That bit was a little confronting and I feel for him. Saying it’s just expected from poly kids
He didn’t like footy but enjoyed the 750K!

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's the chances he has a crack at rugby whilst juggling his boxing start up?

Rugby world cup is next year isn't it?

Leave the nrl now, scope out if there is any interest for him playing rugby - have a couple of fights - make some money.

In times like this I always like to ask myself "what would sonny bill do?"
Fuck I follow rugby too and to be honest I’d be interested to see him have a crack at 12 (might be a bit slow) - he couldn’t play in the forwards as he would have the ball stolen from him every carry

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Said his heart was never into footy.

Parents pressured him blah blah blah.

Yet he chased the money.
I’d say he’s manager was probably chasing the money more than him. Although every year we did hear the same stories pre season. New coach can’t wait etc

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wat was funny he mentions helping Penrith to a GF, like WTF!!!! And also playing origin. That was it for he’s league

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really as he’s bailing next year and forgoing the cash.
I’ll just walk away from $750k without having a plan or something else lined up…. Said no NRL player ever

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's an idiot if he quits footy altogether, even the worlds greatest 5/8 missed the Dragons.
The Bulldogs need to make a compromise and let him do some fights.
They made the same mistake with Willie Mason.
Sure its been a fucked year but 24 will be better with new backs.