Tpj to retire from nrl

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are the rules regarding players choosing to retire while still contracted, we all saw what Happened when JJ did.

The media banging on about TPJ can only bring more pressure form the nrl to react as they normally do with us.
If it happens at the Bunnies…. No rules apply

Who came up with that bullsh1t that TPJ’s $$$ will sit on our cap for ‘24?

So the Raiders will be wearing $$$ now that Croker retired with a year to go on his contract too… but nothing said over in Canberra about it

Please…. FFS, stop believing the dribble from the c’unts at the Scumgraph

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

So the Raiders will be wearing $$$ now that Croker retired with a year to go on his contract too… but nothing said over in Canberra about it

I don’t believe the crap they dribble, the Nrl has a habit of giving us crap when they feel pressured and it’s happened since I can remember.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on reports we copped a $250,000 whack from our cap next year paying Tevita out???
Yes, it’s pretty easy actually. A couple of journalists speculate / guess that there is another reason for TPJ retirement. They then make a number of articles, and spend a bunch of segments discussing their guesses, so they can fill their content needs and generate more viewers and clicks.

Hope this helps

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was in a room with Osama, Adolph and Buzz with a loaded gun and only 2 bullets, I would shoot Buzz twice
Well the other 2 are already dead, so why waste bullets on dead people.

Malla

Reaction score
Nice revision @Malla . You actually said that he refused to return to the field at prop in a game. You said his injury was not real and that he was out because he refused to play prop. All made up stories. Of course Gus was trying to offload him cause he was never what we needed. But without a replacement let’s not pretend our middles are somehow stronger without him
Yes, I said he refused to come back onto the field in the 2022 game against Canberra. Round 9 in Canberra. Go watch the tape. It happened.
He definitely was not injured, I can 100000% confirm that to be the case. What did Dogs do? They pushed him to Reggie’s last year didn’t they?
I’m making nothing up. But it’s your call for taking it as truth or not, calling me a gossip columnist and some of the other inappropriate names was uncalled for but I let it go. You choose to be immature, I can’t control that.

Malla

Reaction score
Agree bro. The only reason we would be giving cash is because there is more to the story. We don’t need what TPJ brings. We need a few big minute forwards who lock up the middle, hit hard and make big metres. We badly need an alpha prop. Someone the boys will follow. There is no leader out there
I know the full story. You’re way off with everything you posted and you’re just guessing.
probably best you stop, just enjoy the footy.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who the fu<k has that much of an agenda against the Bulldogs???? Has to be a Buzz inspired article or telecrap…. Is it not plausible TPJ wanted to retire to pursue boxing…he Fkn said it himself before the season even started.

We got unfairly pinged for JJ’s retirement, no other club gets penalised for that type of thing now they’re trying to get us under the microscope for a rogue man’s ambition - he chose to retire, we accepted his retirement because he’s erratic….the end!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope so.. I’m just not they pull a number out of thin air if it was never discussed, but who knows? Surely speculation has some kind of merit??

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ricky made sure that Croker didnt play enough games this year to trigger a contract extension but because they are all mates with him none of them write about it

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are the media banging on about a 250K payout? Gus has come out saying he wasn’t offered a payout because it was his call to retire. What can’t the 360 ***** understand about that? Why’s it’s a massive drama for them? Braith sooking about why he’d give up 750K to go earn 10K boxing. Does he know TPJ personally does he? Per Gus he’s going through family issues, family comes first before money.
Yep I am listening to Gus's podcast from yesterday.

- Said TPJ had family issues during the week and apologised to the coach. Told Ciro he was thinking about giving it away. Ciro told him to wait til the end of season and re-evaluate ;
- In the team meeting 10 minutes later he apologised to the team for his game on Sunday and said he was giving it away ;
- No payouts whatsover

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wasn’t making anything up. TPJ didn’t want to play front row, good on him for trying for so long. And maybe he was planning to leave at the end of this year all along, but he was definitely being shopping around. Anyway, good riddance.
I believe you mate, you seem legit. I get heaps of info but will never post on here ever again. I’ve learnt my lesson on the TK. I just keep it to myself, tell a few close buddies or family and that’s it.

Last edited:

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not the first time Gus has paid someone to leave and it won’t be the last

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know the full story. You’re way off with everything you posted and you’re just guessing.
probably best you stop, just enjoy the footy.
Ok. You literally don’t know the full story lol. Why would a player who has played prop since he was a kid refuse to play prop. You said that he was not injured earlier in the season but was not playing because he refused to play prop. TBH, I don’t care but, I’m more concerned about who we get to replace him.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep I am listening to Gus's podcast from yesterday.

- Said TPJ had family issues during the week and apologised to the coach. Told Ciro he was thinking about giving it away. Ciro told him to wait til the end of season and re-evaluate ;
- In the team meeting 10 minutes later he apologised to the team for his game on Sunday and said he was giving it away ;
- No payouts whatsover
Good that we haven’t paid anything out. Did Gus also confirm that he doesn’t want to play prop anymore lol

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like when he said Barrett would be the coach long after he was gone lol
You are as bad as the media.

Gus has said he he didnt give TPJ a payout. Media thinks that doesnt make sense so they make up some shit that he was offered $250k. No one confirms this. No ramifications if its wrong.

Gus has said that Baz quit. Media thinks he was sacked so they report that. Again no one confirms this.

You obviously know TPJ and Baz personally so you can confirm that Gus is 100% lying ??