TPJ article

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can anyone post this full article.

Seems like my prediction is on the money from the small amount of the article I can read. I had a hunch that tpj was looking to just exit his contract without penalty with his boxing crap. If he plans to go sign with the Dolphins now I'd like to think the club should block the move until he's done with his contract period. I don't care that he's going. I just don't want every player that gets a good offer to start thinking they'll just announce they're retiring, only to sign elsewhere a week later.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't see a problem as long as players don't eat into our cap once they leave...
It's nice if you want the player gone but not so much if you actually want them playing for you. Would be happy to see TPJ off the books but it's a double edged sword.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Seems like my prediction is on the money from the small amount of the article I can read. I had a hunch that tpj was looking to just exit his contract without penalty with his boxing crap. If he plans to go sign with the Dolphins now I'd like to think the club should block the move until he's done with his contract period. I don't care that he's going. I just don't want every player that gets a good offer to start thinking they'll just announce they're retiring, only to sign elsewhere a week later.
Maybe just maybe the club was interested in letting him go too. That's probably why we're not pushing it

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nothing article and misleading headline.
Knew it. Someone convinced him he’s eventually going to be making 750k a fight in the future haha gotta be a good fighter and marketable asf if you want that you idiot hahah. Will probably get a few fights deep making chump change and think fuck this

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TPJ will probably find boxing is too disciplined for his kind of personality. There's no where to hide and no "bludging on the blindside" :grinning:
By mid year, at the most, we will likely be hearing of redemption signing by father figure Bennett for league's wayward, misunderstood superstar forward.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Id be making him sit the year out first

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread whether we should be okay with this happening..

Yes and No

Yes - because nothing of his contract would count to our salary cap (ie he walks away with nothing and we are unaffected).

But no because - I think it sets a sh!t precedent. It means players can willingly give up their contract, and sacrifice a contracted year of pay with club X - to turn around and sign with club Y.

In my mind, if I was the NRL - they would be needing our blessing to sign off on his return, given he was still contracted to us. Otherwise - a precedent would be set with players that you can willingly resign from your club, only to pick up a new contract later.

You're effectively sacking yourself without cause.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ will probably find boxing is too disciplined for his kind of personality. There's no where to hide and no "bludging on the blindside" :grinning:
By mid year, at the most, we will likely be hearing of redemption signing by father figure Bennett for league's wayward, misunderstood superstar forward.
Spot on WenDog. Exactly what will happen. And crawling back to league he will come!!

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he genuinely is passionate about boxing, he might be more disciplined.
Folks generally tend to put more in when emotionally invested.
Only time will tell.
I wish the fella the best of luck, yet if this is a ruse to sign elsewhere, he's lost my respect.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who care’s really, the guy was a waste of space for us psyicially and cap wise.
Could have been a mutual ending.
Look forward, not back.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread whether we should be okay with this happening..

Yes and No

Yes - because nothing of his contract would count to our salary cap (ie he walks away with nothing and we are unaffected).

But no because - I think it sets a sh!t precedent. It means players can willingly give up their contract, and sacrifice a contracted year of pay with club X - to turn around and sign with club Y.

In my mind, if I was the NRL - they would be needing our blessing to sign off on his return, given he was still contracted to us. Otherwise - a precedent would be set with players that you can willingly resign from your club, only to pick up a new contract later.

You're effectively sacking yourself without cause.
The precedent has already been set.
the NRL let SBW sign with another club once the length of his dogs contract had passed.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same people complaining about TPJ possibly playing under Bennet at the Dolphins are the same people who hated TPJ being at the club and chewing so much of our salary cap during his tenure at the Bulldogs LOL … go figure :tearsofjoy: some of you are on par with the Wests Tigers and Dragons supporters.

Cant you just be happy that he is someone elses problem now and we have a massive amount of $$$ that we wouldn’t have had if he stayed on and leeched the last bit of his deal.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It was always on the cards to happen...
After Dirty Harry was appointed as the Fish coach the two were linked, they probably were hoping Canterbury will fork out part of his contract.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once players are gone icgaf what they do really.

Hopefully, we spend the money he freed up REALLY well.