Top Shelf News 6/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mr Boots, Izy here, The Izy come Izy go of The Kennel.

Is there any news on Inglis/Slater joining the Dogs, have you heard of anything of the like, if so, what has been said?

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Dear, Mr. Top Shef News, is there any truth to the rumour that Sharks want Kimmorley back?
Mr Boots, Izy here, The Izy come Izy go of The Kennel.

Is there any news on Inglis/Slater joining the Dogs, have you heard of anything of the like, if so, what has been said?
Nothing concrete on either rumour yet guys.

When i hear anything, you will hear it here first.

P

Paint.

If it's about the money why are they wanting to sign slater etc etc.... Save the $$$$$$ give it to Morris and iris if that's the case.... I think Moore is ****ing around too much
See, the thing is, on the footy show, all greenberg said is that "we have enough money to go for one of the big four, possibly Inglis or Slater" (or something along those lines)... he didn't mention anywhere that we WILL go for them; obviously with around 400k, you'd go at improving a position which needs improving, eg second row, rather than somewhere where you already have replacements (FB: Barba; CTR: Roberts, Neumann, Pele, Winitana, JTK, Nanai, etc); We're not going to sign either of those, and we're not going to make a play for them.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As promised guys, i have some big Top Shelf News for you.

Todd Greenberg is trying to push Luke Patten, Andrew Ryan and Brett Kimmorley out next year so they we can try and keep Idris Morris etc

All fairly obvious but the interesting part of this saga is that when Todd and Kev sat down with the three to explain the clubs situation around 9 -10 weeks ago they were extremely unhappy with what they were hearing. My source tells me that Luke Patten in particular was very unhappy and without going into much detail launched into a expletive laden tirade. From what I understand all three players want to be at the club next year playing but it is the CEO and Coach that want to push them out. However what is now coming out of bulldogs HQ is that the management may be softening their stance and are even considering keeping at least Ryan and possibly even Patten. A reason for our recent form turnaround perhaps?

Remember guys, you heard it here first.

BootS for Top Shelf News.
It would certainly explain the season.

No matter what happens next year, Ben Barba will become a Billy Slater type fullback in years to come.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
See, the thing is, on the footy show, all greenberg said is that "we have enough money to go for one of the big four, possibly Inglis or Slater" (or something along those lines)... he didn't mention anywhere that we WILL go for them; obviously with around 400k, you'd go at improving a position which needs improving, eg second row, rather than somewhere where you already have replacements (FB: Barba; CTR: Roberts, Neumann, Pele, Winitana, JTK, Nanai, etc); We're not going to sign either of those, and we're not going to make a play for them.
Since you posted that can u please do me a favour and fill out for me the salary these guys are on. I need help lol

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=77987

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Dear Boots,

I have Navel Lint.

Help.

Doga

C

chipandchase

boots/topshelf/vargster and who ever else you are

Ryan's contract is heavily front loaded, therefore not costing the dogs anything next year. He is well past his best and would only be costing guys like Foster a run in first grade. Ryan is currently trying to arrnage a deal over in England as we speak and is very close to nutting something out.
i cant comment on Patten as i dont know his manager, but he has to go also, if he is going hold Barba back it is a disgrace.
IMO the stance Moore and Greenburg are showing is good, no player is bigger than club and they have to realise this.
The only reason our form has picked up is becasue of Barba, Tandy and to a lesser extent Idris.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
There are currently 53 users browsing this thread. (16 members and 37 guests)

1. Slippery*
2. sn33ky23q
3. Aristidiz
4. Baseball Furies
5. Besherek
6. Guard Dog
7. Garrett
8. JaTT
9. Old Bulldog
10. Luv the growler
11. dogs oh 10
12. FaceBreaker
13. Bulldogs09
14. Mash
15. tonee

Killing it.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
It really is a hard one. On one hand you have 2 veterans of our club wanting to stay. After everything they have down for the club in the past, you'd think we owe them something.

On the other hand they are both holding back promising youngsters in Barba, Foster and co.

What do you do?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I love TopShelfNews...and am hoping for some more news in the coming days...
Patten needs to realise his form is **** and staying another year is just letting us down...he needs to go...barba needs to stay at 5/8 imo....would not mind if Morris had a go at fullback...he would get alot more touches in open space then he is now at least...
props on this thread...im always looking for it

C

chipandchase

It really is a hard one. On one hand you have 2 veterans of our club wanting to stay. After everything they have down for the club in the past, you'd think we owe them something.

On the other hand they are both holding back promising youngsters in Barba, Foster and co.

What do you do?
they have to realise there time is up, in the case of Patten, he would be playin reggies and thats not fair to him.
i havnt seen him make 1 tackle in the last 2 years and he is too slow, along with bobcat, take the money and run imo.
if we keep bobcat, he is too slow for second row and could only play prop if we kept him, i know moore has spoken to him about the move for next year.that could prolong his career a few more years

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

What do you do?
True. But if this news really is true, they are doing the club more harm than good.

All these problems are doing nothing but keeping us at the bottom of the ladder when this should be our year to win the Premiership! Whatever the problems are, and whoever is to blame, they should sort it out already and move on.

We're so focused on next year we're forgetting that we have a season to get through.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Have had some VERY interesting news about this weeks line up, but i might hold on to it untill this weeks team is named. Then let you know what the change may be. Beleive me once i confirm this, alot of people are going to be mighty pissed off!!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds likey Hickey is making a comeback

Luv the growler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have had some VERY interesting news about this weeks line up, but i might hold on to it untill this weeks team is named. Then let you know what the change may be. Beleive me once i confirm this, alot of people are going to be mighty pissed off!!

In am guessing Roberts straight in and barba to the bench?

Luatootz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a undying image of Patten getting steamrolled by Lanfranchi in Round 15 before he was turned inside out by Willman and before that Hayne jogging around him, my point it he is passed it, thanks for the memories etc but if this is a business you would think the General is now dead man walking. I would persevere with Ryan as captain as he is the heart of this side but Noddy needs to wake up and be realistic and retire, he is going 1 season too long, he would make a great Assistant Coach.

2010 - Barba to fullback - nuff said

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
In am guessing Roberts straight in and barba to the bench?
Yeah, i am hearing that Roberts will be given right up to the day of play to pass a fitness test and if he passes he is straight back in to 5/8 and Barba to the Bench.

This is not confirmed though.

You heard it here first.

Boots for Top Shelf News.

Status
Not open for further replies.