Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are people worried about the Panthers? It will be like Ryu vs Ken. We're using their system and have a couple of their premiership winning players including their defensive coach. They might let in on a few secrets.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vs Knights @ Accor
BYE
Vs Tigers @ Accor
Vs Penrith @Bluebet
Vs Raiders @ Suncorp
Vs Dragons @ Accor
Vs Knights @ Mcdonald Jones -major bye Round

Our schedule for the next 7 weeks is very good in my opinion. Knights likely without Ponga and have not been great this year, Tigers, Penrith (tough but without Nath potentially), Raiders, Saints and Knights.

If we play to our potential and Hutch is dropped we should be able to potentially win all those matches minus the Penrith one. Not getting ahead of myself, but it's our chance to go on a run for sure...
Tigpies- Unpredictable due to having some youngsters in key positions, but should be beatable IMO.

Penrith- There's no arguing that these guys are currently the benchmark. But no team is perfect and hopefully we can ambush them.

Raiders- Forrest Gumps box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. I think we're capable of toppling them.

Dragons- I expect them to improve. But we should topple them through the backline. With a few more weeks I am confident we'll have both edges firing.

Knights- They ambushed us twice last year. I think they have talented players dotted through their squad. But they don't look like there's much cohesion. We should beat them again.

We're lacking some fluidity with spreading the ball right (we've scored some incredible tries down that side but not frequently). And we can still have periods under pressure when we resort to one out runs. If we get those things sorted we have two potent attacking edges and I think we're looking like a top 8 team.

But other teams have improvement in them too. Chooks, Souths and Parra would be expected to get back to form. So this current ladder log jam should eventually clear a bit.

At this stage I don't expect to feature in the finals. But we're unlucky to not be sitting on 5 wins IMO. So it's too early to rule anyone out yet.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I think a few player managers probably wanted significant overs for their players to come to us and whilst it was dissapointing at the time we didn’t land an alpha prop it’s a credit to Gus and Ciro for sticking to their guns.
We keep going the way we are and we will be able to pick and choose who we want.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys, Warriors, Roosters and dragons draw we stay there.. lol
Depending on Peptides to beat Faders by 8+ (or Tiggers to smash Donks by between 24-47pts but I’m not holding my breath on that one)

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the rooters will over take us in an hour