Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How do the roosters finish 2nd without Maloney?

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
The Roosters are going to be the biggest slider tbh

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs will be in the top 8 next year
No question
I actually think our squad is stronger than last year despite what a lot are on here saying

We are genuine contenders next year make no mistake about it

Just watch and see

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dogs struggled big time in 2015 to make the finals. They have not improved the make up of the team since. They will struggle.
Manly to be the big improvers.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs struggled big time in 2015 to make the finals. They have not improved the make up of the team since. They will struggle.
Rubbish

We had a lot go against us last year
We almost made top 4

I think losing hodko will be good for the team
Mbye and Reynolds can build a combination through regular game time together
Mbye will be much better next year

I think hoopa is a better fit for the team than lafai
I think last season will be Pritchard last at that level he would have been less a player this coming season so letting him go was a good move

T. rex will be playing for a contract

We have awesome up and comers in the back line that will hopefully get some game time

I think lichaa will be much better
And des will have a new game plan to suit

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything depends on our halves they need to improve bigtime or a chisholm becomes a bolter

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks
Broncos
Warriors
Manly
Cowboys
Roosters
Raiders
Souths

Dogs will finish in the 8 if Hoppa goes to FB with Holland/Bmoz to Centre/Wing and with JJ as captain, though we know none of this will eventuate

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The make up of the team wasnt the primary reason we struggled in 2015.

At this time id say not much will change from the 2015 top 8 give or take a team.

1. Broncos
2. Cowboys
3. Bulldogs
4. Sharks
5. Manly
6. Souths
7. Warriors
8. Roosters / Storm

We have a good chance if we manage a better season for injuries and suspensions. Which wont be hard, 2015 was our worst year for that in years. My pick of 3rd assumes reasonable injury luck and is also about a few others in the 8 getting weaker.

I think Cowboys and Broncos will be the ones to beat again, with Warriors and Manly the improvers. St Merge were lucky to make the 8 in 2015 and wont in 2016 imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Rubbish

We had a lot go against us last year
We almost made top 4

I think losing hodko will be good for the team
Mbye and Reynolds can build a combination through regular game time together
Mbye will be much better next year

I think hoopa is a better fit for the team than lafai
I think last season will be Pritchard last at that level he would have been less a player this coming season so letting him go was a good move

T. rex will be playing for a contract

We have awesome up and comers in the back line that will hopefully get some game time

I think lichaa will be much better
And des will have a new game plan to suit
How will Moses and Reynolds build a combo when Reynolds consistently gets suspended? :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How will Moses and Reynolds build a combo when Reynolds consistently gets suspended? :grinning:
We can hope that Des finds the key to stopping that with Reynolds. If Reynolds keeps that shit up in 2016 i think he will get released, and i wont complain if it was for that. Cant afford him out with Hod gone now. If he can keep his head in MBye and reynolds could go well given some time together in the halves.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No question
I actually think our squad is stronger than last year despite what a lot are on here saying

Just watch and see
Love your optimism but I can't see how we are stronger....

We've lost;
- Pritchard (arguably our best player last year)
- Hokko (Inconsistent most of the year but still an experienced half)
- Cook (came good at the end of the season and potentially would have taken Lichaa's spot this season or atleast been an impact off the bench)
- Lafai (Hoppa is no upgrade)

We've gained no other regular first graders...

The only plus will be less injuries and suspensions if we are lucky.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No question

Just watch and see
This is quite possible but is dependant on a number of things happening:

1. Physical fitness and mental toughness
2. Forward domination (aggressive defence)
3. The players attitude and commitment
4. We play attacking football based on our go forward
5. An attacking long and short range kicking game

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is quite possible but is dependant on a number of things happening:

1. Physical fitness and mental toughness
2. Forward domination (aggressive defence)
3. The players attitude and commitment
4. We play attacking football based on our go forward
5. An attacking long and short range kicking game
Im with you Izzy. We definitely need to improve in these areas. The main area I'd like to see us improve in is our defense. Our line speed is horrible and we let teams chew up is metres downfield and we are nowhere near aggressive enough in defense. I remember the days when all clubs feared playing us because of our aggressive defense, not just in the forwards but also our backs. If our forwards fire and show some mongrel week in week out, we will definitely make top 4. Our 'Dogs of War ' tag is not warranted until the boys aim up and prove it consistently all year.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in no particular order

Us
Broncos
Sharks
Manly
Cowboys
Roosters
Warriors
Storm

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Broncos
Cowboys
Roosters
Storm
Warriors
Manly
Souths
Dogs

Manly have new coach, players will have to buy into his plan, dont know if Des can come up with a new gameplan, but we will win our fair share of games regardless of how bad we look. Sharks pack too old. Warriors possess the best attack which will win them enough games assuming Johnson recovers from his foot injury. Broncos again possess the most mobile pack and balanced side. Thurston will pace himself and be given time off after each origin game. Tigers, Titans, Knights in constant disarray. Raiders cant win enough away from home, Penrith lost depth and Eels have no idea how to put a winning roster together.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Broncos
2. Dogs
3. Storm
4. Roosters
5. Canberra
6. Cowboys
7. Souths
8. Penrith

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im with you Izzy. We definitely need to improve in these areas. The main area I'd like to see us improve in is our defense. Our line speed is horrible and we let teams chew up is metres downfield and we are nowhere near aggressive enough in defense. I remember the days when all clubs feared playing us because of our aggressive defense, not just in the forwards but also our backs. If our forwards fire and show some mongrel week in week out, we will definitely make top 4. Our 'Dogs of War ' tag is not warranted until the boys aim up and prove it consistently all year.
Lack of line speed in D and lack of depth in Attack are the two issues that bug me most. Unfortunately both issues are generated on the training pitch.

Des took the game by storm playing our forwards as the play makers. It worked for a year. Other teams worked out how to defend against this Two years ago. Des hasn't realised that yet.
He is so caught up in the science side of the athlete. Whilst the game that he coaches and makes game plans for, has evolved and he hasn't gone with it.
The talent is there in the squad. Des in recent seasons doesn't seem to have idea how to extract it out of the players.

I think this is a make or break season for Des. He needs to utilise the players he has better. Also make the tough calls & rest some of his favourites.
We should be a bottom half of the 8 side again this year. Which for me isn't good enough. Step in Jimmy Dymock for 2017.
Des can stay and work his sports science just keep him away from anything remotely to do with a game plan.
That shouldn't be an issue. He does a pretty good job at avoiding any game plan already.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How do the roosters finish 2nd without Maloney?
They also lost RTS. 2nd is really optimistic for them. They will be fallers IMO. Maybe not all the way out of the 8, but def not top 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly will finish high due to the luck of having new players and coach. Think about it us in 09 us in 2012 and Penrith in 2014. They're are more examples I can't think of but there's this thing when there's new coach and players in the first year teams just go to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.