Top 8 already decided.

Wild Robbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Top 4 Roosters Storm Rabbits panthers
Rest of top 8 Raiders Eels Knights Sharks/ Titans/ Warriors.
Spoon Broncos / Manly
Bulldogs are a work in progress 2-3 years away from being top 4.
Unfortuneatly this comp is so predicable but hope im wrong.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Top 4

Roosters
Penrith
Storm
Souths

5-8

Eels
Raiders
Titans
Knights

9-12

Sharks
Warriors
Cowboys
Bulldogs

Bottom 4

Dragons
Tigers
Manly
Broncos

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're the worst team in the competition after 2 rounds. We're in close proximity to the Cowboys and Manly. A lot will change with 23 rounds to go but that's where we're unfortunately. A massive uphill battle ahead of us this season and our game vs the Broncos is a must win looking at our draw. The top 6 to 7 were already decided before a ball was kicked imo.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're the worst team in the competition after 2 rounds. We're in close proximity to the Cowboys and Manly. A lot will change with 23 rounds to go but that's where we're unfortunately. A massive uphill battle ahead of us this season and our game vs the Broncos is a must win looking at our draw. The top 6 to 7 were already decided before a ball was kicked imo.
Yup, definitely a lot worse off than I thought we would be , and the points scored - 16 after two rounds, with pay we would have at least 20-24 points lol.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
we are long way from top 4 team in 2-3 years
we r still 15-20 Good players from being a Top 8 side

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Why are we so eager to read into and project where we are going 2 games into the competition, when one of the teams is short odds to win the premiership this year? We do not know what uplift will be created when our combinations click. We do not know when that will happen and what impact it will create. One thing I know for certain is that it will not be a gradual slow improvement. It will accelerate fast as our confidence, our intuition for each other consolidates into a cohesive team. We have the youth and energy. We needed to compete to reveal exactly where our focus in our development needs to be. Getting carried away with emotional doom and gloom is way too premature me thinks.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL Did us no favours with first five rounds draw really Brisbane only winnable game,three top 4 teams
South’s,Storm and Penrith and Newcastle not far behind seriously wtf?
Dead set agenda to kill our confidence early season,anyway we’re the bulldogs they’ll try kill and kick us while we’re down.
Really need to win this week

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need our old us vs them mentality back.

It sickens me when the cameras pan to the Knights coaching box and Shrek and Bobcat are up there. It Truly shits me.

These guys, Mason, Maitua etc were true dogs of War. All through the 80s and 90s and most of the 00s we were feared and teams hated playing us.

We never had the flashiest players, but after the opposition played us they sure knew it.

Puting our Jersey on made players better than they were and helped us win so many tight finals games like in 95 and 98.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yep the bottom teams just can't compete. One of the big issues with the six again rule is that teams like ours with weak middle thirds can't keep up. For example what club would even care about giving one away on us...would only make another 30m in that set to reach like what 60m per set which is standard for good sides... Taking away the penalty kick for touch in those instances rob inferior teams of deserved field position and the opportunity for slower sides like us to get set for a set start.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they're adding a 17th team in 2 years which will only dilute the limited talent left for the struggling teams more. The vast majority of the top players will stay at the top six team of their choice.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need our old us vs them mentality back.

It sickens me when the cameras pan to the Knights coaching box and Shrek and Bobcat are up there. It Truly shits me.

These guys, Mason, Maitua etc were true dogs of War. All through the 80s and 90s and most of the 00s we were feared and teams hated playing us.

We never had the flashiest players, but after the opposition played us they sure knew it.

Puting our Jersey on made players better than they were and helped us win so many tight finals games like in 95 and 98.
The divide in the haves and have nots has put paid to all that.

At any given weekend, half the of the 16 team fan base know with near certainty their team has buckleys chance of winning over the full 80 minutes.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing the AFL does better than the NRL is that if you finish top 8, you play top 8 teams more and vice versa for the bottom 8/10 teams. Make it harder for top 8 teams to win and stop the extreme scorelines (ie roosters v Manly), especially early on in the season.

However, I am one for culling teams and against expansion as we clearly do not have the talent to go around 16 teams let alone more.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 4

Roosters
Penrith
Storm
Souths

5-8

Eels
Raiders
Titans
Knights

9-12

Sharks
Warriors
Cowboys
Bulldogs

Bottom 4

Dragons
Tigers
Manly
Broncos
I think both the broncos and manly will surprise
I'd say we're 3 players and a ref away from from a top 8 ;)

Jokes aside, I think we'll get stronger as the season goes on.
Why only one ref
and make the 8.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've watched a fair few games over the opening 2 rounds and if I had to pick a team for the spoon at this point, it would be a toss up between the dogs and the cowboys