Tony Burke and CB Council

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
(Mods please delete if this is deemed inappropriate).

Ok Kennellers. I feel it is important to post this. We have been asked not to raise the Hamas/Palestine/i Israel conflict so please don't mention that in any reply post.

This is purely a thread highlighting the sympathies and acknowledgement from the local Federal Member telling the media and Australia it is ok to feel empathy with the Palestinian population at large for what they are going through atm.

It's not a political comment nor a judgemental comment nor post nor thread apportioning blame. It's simply giving public acknowledgement by the local pollie approving of the CB Council's actions in recognising the trauma and hurt and loss of relatives and friends of the local constituents who may originally have come from that area before coming to Australia and a new life.

Please don't turn this into a shitfight. I have posted simply for the benefit of those who may not have seen/heard this and that it may give comfort that people do care and aren't afraid to acknowledge the Palestinian's plight purely on a humanitarian basis.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course he supports the decision.
Have you seen where his office is?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Of course he supports the decision.
Have you seen where his office is?
I'm choosing to simply celebrate the local Fed member's actions in defending his local Council who are supporting their constituents, in showing their humanitarian support for the innocent Palestinians caught up in this. There's not many pollies showing much bipartisanship. Just thought he put his words together well.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well handled. There was another politician yesterday who said a similar thing (can't remember who), basically saying that we need to understand that supporting Palestine is not supporting Hamas. I won't mention what happened in Melbourne when they flew the Palestinian flags, 'cause it will only lead to a shit fight.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Well handled. There was another politician yesterday who said a similar thing (can't remember who), basically saying that we need to understand that supporting Palestine is not supporting Hamas. I won't mention what happened in Melbourne when they flew the Palestinian flags, 'cause it will only lead to a shit fight.
You MUST be careful what you say.
This is Australia the land of no freedom of speech.

It's why you often hear that phrase be careful of what you say.
It's gone that far beyond madness you have to be careful of what you think!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The council did nothing wrong as its in support of the victims and no one else, media tried to make something out of which is typical.

He handled the question well and I have to commend him on that because going against the grain in this conflict gets you called out.

Last edited:

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Australian councils and local governments should stay out of it, it wouldn’t go down well if Waverley Council had Israeli flags raised.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The council did nothing wrong as its in support of the victims and no one else, media tried to make something out of which is typical.

He handled the question well and spoke the truth, I have to commend him on that because going against the grain in this conflict gets you called out.
Oddly enough, most media I have seen has been generally supportive of it. Reporting it as support for the victims, not Hamas. Unfortunately there's some groups pushing the opposite.

At least, that's the softer Australian media I've seen. Some of the stuff I have seen come out of Conservative media from US and England has been terrible.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think Australian councils and local governments should stay out of it, it wouldn’t go down well if Waverley Council had Israeli flags raised.
I wouldn't care, the Palestinian and Israeli people aren't the terrorists, it's Hamas and the Israeli government/Zionists that are the terrorists.

LadWriter1

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have sympathy for the innocents involved - but that’s it.

Every politician, journalist etc will pull their support for whatever cause if it suits their narrative.

This war did not start last month. Nor in the last year, decade or century. This is literally over a millennium old, and the majority of people l who comments on this have bloody short memories.

This didn’t start with the British, they only just escalated the situation.
You are correct, this didn’t start with the British. It started with the Ottomans.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't care, the Palestinian and Israeli people aren't the terrorists, it's Hamas and the Israeli government/Zionists that are the terrorists.
Bro if people actually do their research they will find out that Hamas was originally put there by Israel itself.
But now cause it backfired and people woke up and started to realise that we are losing land everyday, they are called terrorist for fighting back.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro if people actually do their research they will find out that Hamas was originally put there by Israel itself.
But now cause it backfired and people woke up and started to realise that we are losing land everyday, they are called terrorist for fighting back.
Most people don't know that, some people don't want to admit that.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct, this didn’t start with the British. It started with the Ottomans.

Interesting read.
According to that, it is still Turkish land, which the Zion movement holds a level of self-rule as one of the States of Turkey, which they pay annually for the said privilege, yet the land is indigenous to the Palestinians.

The hide of the Zionists to claim it is their land when it is land they essentially rent!

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any reputable links we can read further upon that mate?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I ask why the conflict is being barred off this forum but we can have threads where people take the piss out of religious beliefs?
The general reasoning behind it was because of the level of conflict.

The religious thread discussions are usually filled up with anti-religious stuff, but they are also countered with pro-religious stuff and it ends up generally equal and respectful.

The thread on the Israel Palestine discussion resulted in racism and anti-semitism, including people threatening to kill each other. It wasn't debate or discussion. It was blind abuse.

I should point out that religious threads used to be banned on the Kennel. And if they reverted into conflict ridden crap, then those threads would also be banned.

This forum has many conflicts. But we're still brothers and sisters. If any threads turns into two sides declaring war, then that thread and discussion will be shut down. Because this is a privately run forum, and we don't need that shit here. We need to be united as Bulldogs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because it's OK to insult Christians on the kennel but don't you dare say anything about the Jews.
You know I see you as a brother, but this is exactly why these threads get shut down.

"you can't insult Jews!"

It's simple really. If you insult Jewish people and someone reports it, then shit gets shut down. If you insult Christians and it gets reported, shit gets shut down.

It's conflict that drives results in shut-downs. It never had anything to do with protecting Jews or Palestinians or anything. We literally had people making conspiracy claims about Jewish people that insulted Jewish members. And we had racists abusing Palestinian members.

If people want to do that, that's fine. But don't do it here, because we don't need it. We have so many conflicts on this forum and life in general. We don't need people pushing stuff designed to drive conflict between members.

Status
Not open for further replies.