Opinion Tonight's refereeing

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Yeah was poor. The difference tonight was the ref. They got there six agains late in the tackle count putting them in good field positions. We get ours at the start of the tackle set coming out of trouble.

They need to tweak it so in your defending half you get a penalty. Attacking half restart the tackle count.
Totally agree, no set restarts inside the attacking sides 40m.
Any set restart on the 1st or 2nd tackle should automatically be a penalty regardless of where it is.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 of the Rorters came off the back of dodgy 6 again calls or penalties.

We put a bomb up. Manu has eyes for the ball Ikacuntloo moves forward to catch the ball. At no time does Many make a tackle. His hip collects Ikacuntloo who is moving to catch the ball. Penalty....try off that set.

Walker is grabbed by Thommo. Penalty.

Jacko, Lewis and Avo tackled after kicks nothing.

Walker kicks into in goal. Radley is 2 feet offside . Play on.

13 - 6 against us. NRL are a joke.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ref’ing was undoubtedly pathetic. But, what was also concerning was that no one was pushing back to the ref from our team - there were no questioning or discussion from Jackson or anyone else from our team - this is where we need a real leader (aka Ennis, etc)

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
How can the Roosters only be offside once in 80 minutes, given how often we were hitting up the ball off our own line for all of that 2nd half?
JWH not jumping the gun, once?
C'mon!!!!!!

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Ref’ing was undoubtedly pathetic. But, what was also concerning was that no one was pushing back to the ref from our team - there were no questioning or discussion from Jackson or anyone else from our team - this is where we need a real leader (aka Ennis, etc)
And what good would that do?
Their mind is already made up,they're not gonna change it!
Just risk giving away MORE penaltys!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hate blaming refs for a loss. We lost because we failed to execute.
Im not even pissed with the Hethrington penalty at the end because it was consistent with penalties given this year. I was actually waiting for them to send him to the bin.
Rooster's definatley given the advantage tonite and Im glad Baz said some things but didnt play the victim and harp on about it because thats just soft and I want our club to be better than that.
Last thing we need is our coach making excuses for our shortcomings.
Im actually proud that we held them out till the end and didnt let them in with the all the 6 agains.
Anyways a loss is never good, is what it is.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's gotten to the point where I don't bother complaining about it anymore. I just put in zero effort to support this game. The refereeing has been well beyond fucked since they started fining coaches for complaining about it. It's an assumption from the NRL that the fans are too stupid to see the referees doing wrong if the coaches don't complain. But I think with the 6 again rules fans are finally feeling that straw breaking the camels back.

I know that sending complaints to the NRL does nothing at all. Maybe in future when people send complaint mail they should send it to channel 9. They're the ones who'll lose advertising revenue when we switch off and maybe the NRL will actually pay attention to 9 when they complain. Because the NRL certainly aren't listening to the fans.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I hate blaming refs for a loss. We lost because we failed to execute.
Im not even pissed with the Hethrington penalty at the end because it was consistent with penalties given this year. I was actually waiting for them to send him to the bin.
Rooster's definatley given the advantage tonite and Im glad Baz said some things but didnt play the victim and harp on about it because thats just soft and I want our club to be better than that.
Last thing we need is our coach making excuses for our shortcomings.
Im actually proud that we held them out till the end and didnt let them in with the all the 6 agains.
Anyways a loss is never good, is what it is.
Yeah,I get it we're not good enough to win against the Roosters.
BUT..
Tonight we should have won!
Referres cost us a win tonight.
Don't give a **** whether you like or dislike blaming referees,that is irrevelant.When they're bad they should be called on it.
Tonight the referee was heinously culpable,if it was a murder rap he'd get life!!!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incredibly one sided game tonight.

SET RESTARTS:
Dogs - 6 given away for ruck infringements.
Dogs - 4 given away for inside 10m.

Roosters - 4 given away for ruck infringements.
Roosters - 1 given away for inside 10m.

Yet the entire second half I couldn't find a single set of 6 they were onside for yet nothing.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah,I get it we're not good enough to win against the Roosters.
BUT..
Tonight we should have won!
Referres cost us a win tonight.
Don't give a **** whether you like or dislike blaming referees,that is irrevelant.When they're bad they should be called on it.
Tonight the referee was heinously culpable,if it was a murder rap he'd get life!!!!
Well Trent did call em on it so there you go

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Incredibly one sided game tonight.

SET RESTARTS:
Dogs - 6 given away for ruck infringements.
Dogs - 4 given away for inside 10m.

Roosters - 4 given away for ruck infringements.
Roosters - 1 given away for inside 10m.

Yet the entire second half I couldn't find a single set of 6 they were onside for yet nothing.
Only 1 inside the ten is outrageous, they were getting to our first receiver quicker than the ball almost.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking disgraceful,there's no way we were twice as bad in infringing
What about Thompson getting penelized for a supposed late tackle on the kicker, Then when Josh Jackson Kicked the ball and got smashed late by JWH & another Rooster and no penalty. What about Obstruction on Lewis by Tupouniua when the roosters scored their last try, and the penalty for tackling their player in mid air when we did not even touch him and all the 6 again calls against us, We were stiffed again by the referee, And That last play by Sam Walker was the grubbiest un sportsman like pieces of play since Trever Chaple's underarm bowl against the Kiwis.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
What about Thompson getting penelized for a supposed late tackle on the kicker, Then when Josh Jackson Kicked the ball and got smashed late by JWH & another Rooster and no penalty. What about Obstruction on Lewis by Tupouniua when the roosters scored their last try, and the penalty for tackling their player in mid air when we did not even touch him and all the 6 again calls against us, We were stiffed again by the referee, And That last play by Sam Walker was the grubbiest un sportsman like pieces of play since Trever Chaple's underarm bowl against the Kiwis.
I hope next time we vs them we cut him in half so he limps off next time

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was ridiculous, Apparently he got 3 points in the rortsters 3-2-1 player of the year judging