Not open for further replies.

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
he is gone conmirmed on the late news

tReLLoS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
get him out the amount of times i seen this **** bomb ****in tries from not passing is more than these dopes are goin to pay him good riddance

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Was a great player but IMO you guys have enough talent in PL(millard is good) and if u buy luke lewis(who im told is all but signed here) will be better than him.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Heck, if the broncos got folau for 1mil for 4 years, then tonga 1.4 for 4 years is a rip off lmao

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Thought Folau was 2 million for 4 years?

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sene Tala, Alvin Matavo. Jamal Idrs, Daryl Millard..

We have a great future looking backline, who cares about what Tonga does now, especially since we saw Idris handle NYC perfectly, he might even be ready next year.

Don't buy anyone either, cept for maybe Chase Stanely or Jennings who are both speedstars

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
lol, I can assure you the broncos at the most paid folau 1.2 for 4 years, they pay hodges 1.4 for 4 years, theres no way in the world they would pay him more. You guys wish you could get a player like hodges for 350 a year, but that's what a good coach does.

It's not that steve folkes is bad it's that all this **** saying he might get sacked makes players not wan't to sign incase he does get sacked and they end up with a **** coach.

tReLLoS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol u dik kimlo it was 2 mil for 4 yrs get over urself n ur great coach ****...u salary cap cheats..

bassy

Waterboy
Reaction score
"Thurston is the biggest attraction for me, to play outside of him, that is very enticing. He is the best player in the world and it is very exciting to be linking up with him again.

he is as good as goneeeeeeeee
You think maybe Tonga has a thing for Thurston?? haha

Hope he does stay. He looks good this season

doggzfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FORMER Australia centre Willie Tonga has confirmed he had signed a four year contract to join North Queensland.

On the same day as the Cowboys snared coach Neil Henry, Tonga told the Daily Telegraph he was looking forward to linking up with Matt Bowen and Johnathan Thurston in Townsville.

"I'm looking at making an announcement tomorrow," the 24-year-old Bulldogs star said last night.

"I went up there a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed with their setup. I look at Johnathan Thurston and Matt Bowen and I can really see myself in that backline.

"It's tough to make this sort of decision but I just wanted to get it out of the way and concentrate on my football."

The Dogs' loss came on the same day that new chief executive Todd Greenberg asked errant back-rower Reni Maitua about rumours he wanted to quit at the end for the season. Maitua assured Greenberg he would serve out his contract.

He is due to meet Maitua's manager, Gavin Orr, at 10am today.

Tonga said he did not join NQ in the understanding Henry would be coach.

"I've only just learnt about that - I thought it would be him or (Ian) Millward," said Tonga.

"Neil is obviously a very good coach. He's done some great things at Canberra and all the boys have been very impressed with him in the Queensland side."

kevink72

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just said on Fox Sports that Tonga has signed a 4 year contract with
the Cowgirls.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^ Bahahahahahahaha OWNED. Well done Kenneth

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will miss willie tonga. They must have someone else lined up if they are letting him go. And if Noad was still there im sure he wouldve been blamed for tonga leaving

2nd Willie goooone that played in the centre's that i am sad to see go.
2nd Willie goone within a year.

DogZZ_

-
Reaction score
The attraction of playing alongside dynamic duo Johnathan Thurston and Matt Bowen convinced Bulldogs centre Willie Tonga to sign a lucrative four-year contract with North Queensland.

The Cowboys will announce on Wednesday that Tonga has joined the Cowboys on a deal reportedly worth a massive $1.4 million.

It's welcome news for a club that has suffered three straight losses in their opening games after being touted as genuine premiership contenders.

Tonga insisted he never knew who would be replacing sacked North Queensland coach Graham Murray next year when he agreed to terms.

That job appears certain to be handed to Canberra mentor Neil Henry after he exercised a get-out clause to gain an early release from the final year of his Raiders contract.

"To be honest I didn't know who the coach was going to be and I only found out yesterday about Neil," the 24-year-old Tonga told AAP.

"That didn't play a part at all (in my decision)."

Asked what persuaded him to leave the Bulldogs kennel, Tonga replied: "Just the opportunity to play alongside Thurston and Matty Bowen.

"That was probably the biggest influence for me."

Cowboys skipper Thurston and Tonga were teammates at the Bulldogs in 2004 when the Bulldogs won their most recent premiership.

Also in 2004, Tonga made his debut for Queensland and Australia and scored 18 tries in 27 appearances for the Bulldogs.

A knee injury wrecked the latter stages of his 2005 season - the year he played the last of his seven Tests for Australia.

The explosive centre believes playing alongside Thurston and being coached by Henry will help him break back into the representative arena after a three-year absence.

"I think it's only going to help my footy playing alongside Johnathan and with Neil Henry being the Queensland assistant," said Tonga, who has played two Origins.

"I can see myself learning a lot from him and being better for it."

Into his fifth year at Belmore, Tonga said it was tough to leave the Bulldogs but he was confident the change would bring out his devastating best on the field.

"I feel I've still got a lot to offer at the Bulldogs and the last couple of years has been a confidence thing," he said.

"I've enjoyed every moment at the Bulldogs and I'm not leaving on bad terms or anything.

"It was really hard leaving the boys but these things happen and it was more of a footy decision.

"I'm sure I can get back to my best up there (in Townsville)."

© 2008 AAP
Brought to you by aap

April 1, 2008 - 6:37PM

Status
Not open for further replies.