Tonga could be right for G.F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jig73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interview with a very optomistic Willie Tonga last night on The Footy Show last night, don't know if you guys have already spoken of it, but if he is right for the G.F it would be a huge effort considering his initial injury let alone a huge lift to the team.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
He sounded confident, glad to see his recovery is going so well... I missed it but I caught the shorter version of it on Nightline, and from the sounds of things, he is pretty confident of making it if we can... FIRE UP BOYS, FIRE UP AND GET US TO WEEK 3... we do that and we have to be good odds with all those coming back... :grinning:

H

Haztrick

Hopefully he and Asotasi can be 100% for the second semi.. If they arewn't absolutely 100%, I wouldn't play them.

Mustang

lol
Reaction score
Hopefully he is alright..it will be a massive boost

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldnt count on him coming back, Steve Price wasn't fit on GF day but we were led to believe he would be fine, He then had 2 or 3 weeks off to recover.
Same goes with Asotasi and Tonga, if they do play, ill be stoked.
But i wont be holding my breath

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think tonga is a chance of playing this year again. IMO he will be out for another 8 weeks before he can return to training. He had a knee reconstruction. Azza might be a chance and i dont think he had major surgery if any but there is no way you can return from a knee reconstruction and slot into a GF without playing any games 5 weeks later.

And if he did return he wont be worth the effort. When he came back recently he was dropping the ball and making mistakes all over the field. It took him a few week to really get back into it and feel it. On the fotty show he was on crutches. There is little to no chance of him running out on the field again this year.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
even if they are both fit for the grand final, would it really be wise bringing players back for such an important match who have been out for so long and won't be at their best?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Full strength team for the GF

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Tonga's knee tear was worse than Roy's and thats why he needed surgery. I wont keep my hopes up

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Agreed.

You won't see either Roy or Tonga back this year. Mark my words

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
they wont be back, woul love them to be back but they wont....theres no way so just give up!!!

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roy is a chance, tonga never said during his interview that he could be back. weidler said he may be back and then the interview came on were tonga said he had learnt about rehibilitation from last years injury. Weidler tells a lot of fibs

bAsE

JACKPOT
Reaction score
Big Roy, as long as he comes back we will be right.

S

Sherwin7

FULL SIDE SQUAD NEEDED. if not available this my suggestion:
01 Patten
02 Hazem
03 Emelio
04 Maitua
05 Utai
06 Holdsworth
07 Shifty
08 Shrek
09 Hughes
10 Mason
11 Myles
12 Ryan
13 Williams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14 Perry
15 Armit
16 Hickey
17 Mcllwain
( i probz forgot heaps, but anyway)

S

Sherwin7

Ohh, i fought he was out for season. If he is back then that canges heaps. New one
Patten
El magic
Emelio
Maitua
Holdsworth
Sherwin
Shrek
Hughes
Mason
Williams
Ryan
Grimaldi
~~~~~~~~~
Perry
Armit
Myles
Mcllwain

S

Sherwin7

^^ When williams gets buggered (round about 63min mark) then mcllwain goes into play center and maitua moves to second row. Nate Myles will play front row for mason/Omeley when they get buggered. Same for armit. Perrry move into hooking role for overweight hughes. jokes.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As long as Asotasi and Grimaldi come back ASAP then I'm happy. I just want Sonny in the forwards though. He's a waste in the centres.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hope we get tonga back so they can put sonny back in forwards..........also hopin roy n grimaldi will be back asap

Status
Not open for further replies.