Tomorrow : A confession that'll stop the nation ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Do you remember back when that ganga Shapelle Corby was sentenced in Bali, and how the whole nation came to a standstill ?

Well .... if you missed all that ridiculous fuss, somethign is happening tomorrow that is sure to have people crapping on for weeks just like they did back then.

Our old buddy Tiger Woods is due to come out (sometime tomorrow afternoon) and make a press statement. All of the free-to-air channels will screen it LIVE.

His wife is reported as saying she WILL NOT be there. And good on her for choosing NOT to be roped in to it.

It'll be a media-frenzy like nothing you may have ever seen before.
Perhaps a bigger reaction in the media than OJ Simpson.
The biggest fall-from-grace / tall-poppy hacking you may ever see.

You may be wondering : Why is all this happening ?
The easiest way to say it is "Goodness knows there's no good reason". Sure he owes his family apologies and needs to prioritise his life committments, but that stuff is done behind closed doors. Average Joe's like us have the luxury of anonymity and no public profile. So, I feel sorry for Tiger a little bit.

On one hand : The reality is, hundreds of broadcasting stations worldwide are all competing for viewers, because that means ratings, and ratings means more $$$ the next time the sell ad space, because they can charge higher prices using their "increased ratings spike" as evidence they're moving forward as a company compared to the other statuions. It's got absolutely "Zero" to do with "news-worthiness" and everything to do with "How many people can we get to watch our station ?" - Put simple : You don't want to take the risk of NOT covering this story ... it's guaranteed ratings. Half of the circus is media keeping up with the Jones's.

On the other hand : The reality is Tiger Woods™ ... is an industry. It's golf. It's clothes. It's shoes, watches, credit-cards, and anything else companies can attach to him. Reports are around that news of Tigers indiscretion wiped million off forecast profits for some companies on Wall St. - There are soooooo many people/companies with fingers in the Tiger-pie that Tiger Woods™, is beyond Tiger Woods control. Lawyers. Accountants. Advisors. Consultants. Trainers. Spritual healers. Chefs. Personal Aides. All of them and more ... reliant on an income from Tiger Woods™. There are hundreds of million of dollars at stake if he doesn't return to whipping peoples asses on the fairways.

Furthermore ... there is pressure from within the golf fraternity too. THEY rely on him playing ! There simply HAS NOT been a bigger drawcard to the game than him EVER ! His particpation at events translates to millions of dollars spent by fans buying seats and merchendise. If he stops playing GOLF .... The #2 in the world cannot earn as much. Tiger Woods™ is responsible for increased prize-pools, crowds, sponsors and exposure that money just can't buy.

But ...... this gloom and doom scenario doesn't mean we can't have fun watching along the way.

Maybe we should take bets on "How many cliches" he uses ? Or what about the word "Sex-addiction" ? I can see that one getting some miles tomorrow. Will religion have a role in his new-found salvation from the evils of banging hotties ? Does he have ADD like Willie .... Who knows and who cares ? It's all irrelevant.

It'll be one big laughable farce disguised as a tearful, heartfelt lesson learnt. A series of prepared statements orchestrated by minders, managers, industry heavyweights, sponsors and big-wigs. Could he just walk away ? Sure he could. But companies have millions to earn, shareholders to please, and the media just wont let him go in the chase for the "exclusive" !

Be under NO illusions WHY tomorrow will happen.
Then shake your head in amazement that the media has "come to this" !

It'll be just ... bizarre !

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait what's this got to do with schapelle corby?

edit: oh wait nvm i get it now lol ignore me :p

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
will be a massive anti climax. I'd say he'll apologise for bringing negative publicity to the PGA, and remain silent on personal issues. The last thing the PGA tour would want is a continuation of his dramas- they just want an apology so he can bring sponsors & fans back to golf.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
will be a massive anti climax. I'd say he'll apologise for bringing negative publicity to the PGA, and remain silent on personal issues. The last thing the PGA tour would want is a continuation of his dramas- they just want an apology so he can bring sponsors & fans back to golf.
I'd have respect for him if he came out and was honest ...

"Ladies and Gentleman, in the last 5 years alone I've earned more money than some 3rd world countries GDP. The rigors of world touring with this cast of ****ters around me who quite frankly I get tired of beating, and the charade of maintaining a pictue perfect magazine family so my agents can maintain their salaries by keeping the Tiger Inc ship afloat, has driven me NOT to drugs ...... but to bang as many hotties as I can to numb the pain !

So ........ kiss my black ass and walk a mile in my Nike's mofos ... I bringing in the bling ..... now I can bang anythang !

Aint that right homies ???

If sponsors wanna leave me - Dat's aiight. Tomorrow mornin' Mr CEO of Amex ... I'm a gonna buy your company. I'll write be a fat-ass check and mail it to your momma.

Wot ? You want some Punk ???

I'm out - Riverside mother****ers !

Fo'Shizzle !"

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Also, to dat crackerhead ho who gonna divorce a nyaguh- is Tiger Woods gonna have to choke a b!tch? Take a couple hunnert million right on back to Norwegia, or whe'eva da f#ck yo pasty ass come from.

R

rocky IV

tiger woods is a legend

greatest golfer ever, and rooting hot B!tches left right and centre. he is my idol

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
The press conference was at 3am our time (AEST)

He had to come out sooner or later to face the public on his infidelities.

Status
Not open for further replies.