Toe blow for Foran adds to Bulldogs’ woes after fightback from Dragons

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran is gone again for any decent amount of time he should accept 250K for next year. I'm surprised he survived the shoulder by Sims actually

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think this injury has come at a perfect time for us with being contract time.
IF the board still wants him they will get him very cheap and Foran has no pull in negotiations.

Im still torn on whether to keep him for experience next year or bite the bullet.
Green would cost more then Foran and there is no good half backs off contract.
Burton still has 1 more year to go on his contract.
The spine that i would like eventually would
be-
1- Averillo
6- Burton
7- Wakeman/Bbo
9- Starling
Staines on the wing
Thats gettable!
Or
1- Staines
6- Averillo
7- Burton
9- Starling
I just think with Averillo's footwork and speed would be wasted in the halves..

Has anyone noticed Staines and Burton arent in the side today.
After Staines getting 4 tries on debut last week surely he should be in the side and he's better then Mansour.
Id have Burton on the bench as well he could cover anywhere in the backline.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think this injury has come at a perfect time for us with being contract time.
IF the board still wants him they will get him very cheap and Foran has no pull in negotiations.

Im still torn on whether to keep him for experience next year or bite the bullet.
Green would cost more then Foran and there is no good half backs off contract.
Burton still has 1 more year to go on his contract.
The spine that i would like eventually would
be-
1- Averillo
6- Burton
7- Wakeman/Bbo
9- Starling
Staines on the wing
Thats gettable!
Or
1- Staines
6- Averillo
7- Burton
9- Starling
I just think with Averillo's footwork and speed would be wasted in the halves..

Has anyone noticed Staines and Burton arent in the side today.
After Staines getting 4 tries on debut last week surely he should be in the side and he's better then Mansour.
Id have Burton on the bench as well he could cover anywhere in the backline.
I wasn't really impressed with Staines. All we know is he's lightning quick. He fell over for all of his tries besides one (where he beat one player). It was the players around him making him look good. It's similar to the Roosters winger the other week (who was a lot more impressive with his finishing). I watched a highlights video of Staines in reserve grade and I didn't see much, if any, ball playing. Like I said he's lightning quick and has good support play (similar to Edwards). From what I've seen I'd rather stick with Hopoate.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to have 3 burton/wakeham/blake green for experience he shits on what we have

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think he’s chucking a tanty about the lowball offer. And if he is, thus leaving Lewis out there to steer us into the iceberg, after all the cash the club has sunk into his injury-prone arse, then the club should offload him ASAP.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
FYI from a very trusted source.

Foran is likely to take a 1 year deal with us for next year @ $300k.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FYI from a very trusted source.

Foran is likely to take a 1 year deal with us for next year @ $300k.
Club should pull the offer and fuck him off.

He is a liability.

Let him go back to manly and suck Des’s dick.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran's injury in 2018 was to the ligaments/tendons in his foot that basically connect the toes to the ankle. There are over 20 ligaments and tendons in that area that give strength, articulation and control to the foot. Rupturing a ligament or tearing a tendon off the bone leads to a loss of stability in the whole foot. To define it as "toe injury" is overly simplistic, much like saying that a ruptured Achilles tendon (which can be career ending) is a "heel injury". Football boots are designed to help prevent foot ligament injuries and you would have to be pretty unlucky to incur the same freak injury again (that said Foran is very unlucky with some of his injuries).

Source; https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/
"In a massive relief for the Bulldogs, star five-eighth Kieran Foran has been cleared of a toe injury and is expected to face Newcastle on Sunday."

Go Dogs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

"In a massive relief for the Bulldogs, star five-eighth Kieran Foran has been cleared of a toe injury and is expected to face Newcastle on Sunday."

Go Dogs
Curiouser and curiouser. No injury, just sat out and watched us lose...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It shows you how mentally shot he is and how much injuries play on his mind.
Fox were perplexed too. He was apparently cleared to come back out but as soon as the 2nd half started it didn't look like he was going to with the jacket on