Todd G ; would Bullfrog handled it differently ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
With all arrows being pointed at T.G. - would the Bullfog have hanled the situation any differently ?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
In the old school days, the media wouldnt have even got a sniff of it. Everything stayed within the cubs walls.
The media are vultures these days

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think TG has been honourable here & Bulldog would have done exactly the same.

Note at the start of the year a couple players committed suicide. Massive loss.

TG's actions could have prevented this if Barba's was in a similar mental state of mind pending doctors reports.

TG should be commended not persecuted!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its time the media should be held accountable for their reporting.

NRL should sue!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Different times . I think Bullfrog would have protected his player at all costs , kept it in house . I think Todd should be commended not persecuted .

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Bullfrog would have done whatever he felt he needed to do and if anyone decided to ask questions he'd make their life very very difficult

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the old school days, the media wouldnt have even got a sniff of it. Everything stayed within the cubs walls.
The media are vultures these days
Social media, mobile phones, the internet... you can instantly broadcast anything to the world... different times indeed. Even if someone had some inside info, it was unlikely to spread like it does these days.

Things we're alot easier back then. TG did a fine job. I dont think any other football clubs would have handled it better. In fact I think most would have handled it worse.

oso bad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TG had done exactly what Bullfrog would have done, players and team welfare first.
TG had done a great job at the dogs and I hope this matter does not make him fall on his sword.
Bullfrog would be proud.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole story is simply the media's way of getting back at us for not providing them with a front pager back in February. Paul Kent has been whinging about it all year, the conduct of this country's sports journalists is nothing short of abominable. They will happily destroy lives and professional careers for a scoop.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know the story when Steve Mortimer considered leaving the Bulldogs to go to Manly?

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullfrog had an understanding with Ken Arthurson that neither club would pinch players from the other.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They will happily destroy lives and professional careers for a scoop.
"Happily destroy lives and professional careers for a scoop"? This is an organisation that feeds off and exploits human misery.

"What's that? 1,000 people dead in an explosion? BEAUTIFUL! Hello front page news and beautiful money! MONEY!"

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was a different world. For starters, a players wife wouldn't have gone to the club expecting help or support.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a different world. For starters, a players wife wouldn't have gone to the club expecting help or support.
Exactly. Back then women didn't have a voice. It's a shame they have one now, TBH.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't even know what TG is supposed to have done or not done. Does anyone here really know? All we keep hearing are vague concepts like "cover up" and "cicumstances surrounding Barba being stood down".

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Bullfrog would have eaten barba like a fly and been the focal point of a missing persons investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.