Todays training session

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
team looking really well together, you can tell even as an outsider that they are a happy bunch. keating was sitting in the stands near the tunnel, didnt do any contact work. Romelo was putting up kicks for wright, he spent some time on the field with noddy and reynolds also. expecting joel to play this week.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did keating do any work at all, any jogging, or ball work etc?. you said no contact work but did he do anything else?
just wondering about his level of mobility

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
No Jogging or ball work either, they have renovated their gymnasium since I was last there, but not sure if Krippy did any gym work because that's were they all headed after they finished from the field. I don't think they have a training session a day before gameday (its recovery period for them), so very slight chance keating will play, almost a no chance if he hasn't done any sort of movement or ball work.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
had the pleasure of speaking to Stagg after the training session, top bloke very down to earth, well spoken and professional in the way he handles himself.
Majority of the players had left though by the time I went to grab something to eat and go back, and reception had told me its better to get autographs when all the players are there, or on an open training session. (don't think they were a big fan of me been the only one there lol).

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone go and watch the Dogs train?

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Can anyone go and watch the Dogs train?
Yes, hence why I was surprised that I was the only one there. Stagg told me anybody just comes whenever.

EDIT: 30 guests viewing this thread....hello media:grinning:!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty cool, would be fun to go one day. But I guess they train when most people are at work.

Is this at Belmore?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hitman

Thanks champ for the updates, i hope Joel Romelo plays this week!!!

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i went a few times earlier this year. i would go on thursday mornings between 9 and 11. The boys would often say hi. Some times ppl would come with sick or disabled kids and they boys would go over and spend time with them with even being asked to.
Actually once i was the only person there and mick ennis kicked the ball to me from the goal posts straight to me (lucky i managed to catch it too lol)

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you notice the team only using part of the field (ie not using the middle 40 metres). I read in the paper that this area will not be open to training until later in the year as the surface is unstable and unsuitable for use !!
Lets hope they fix this before trying to bring games back to belmore...or it might be called the new brookvale !!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Did you notice the team only using part of the field (ie not using the middle 40 metres). I read in the paper that this area will not be open to training until later in the year as the surface is unstable and unsuitable for use !!
Lets hope they fix this before trying to bring games back to belmore...or it might be called the new brookvale !!
I didn't see that certain area blocked off as it was at one stage, the only one standing in that middle part was Des who was giving them instructions. The players were either inside the 20m of one side of the field, and 20m on the other side...which they needed to work on anyway, as we struggle more to score inside the opposition 20m line.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
problem is that Sydney Olympic (NSW premier league soccer team), use Belmore as their home ground as well..

I know they play all their home games there, and if I am not mistaken, the youth league play there as well.

When we had that horrible period when it was constantly raining, Belmore took a poudning, due to overuse.

I know the council have locked out Sydney Olympic from playing there until mid-August.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba to 5/8 is what i heard
No need for that really. If you have been watching he comes into the line as a ball player in attack quite often anyway. You can see this by how many try assists he has this season

Status
Not open for further replies.