Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Article I read referred to him as being "poached" from the Titans? So they have said to him you will not play 1st grade again and you are free to leave immediately, but the Dogs still had to "poach" him? Let's see what the guy has to offer over a few weeks at least (I think I said that last week about KR making his 1st grade starting debut!) and then let's all pass judgement on him. At least he looks a bit like a halfback (although I also said this about Brandon Wakeham!) which is a good start .... he may end up being the next Steve Mortimer.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The fuck are you lot crying about?

What other 7s are on the market right now? Hunt? He wants only back to Queensland so who else?

Of course, we should've done something with our halves at the start of the year. We all know that but who was out there?

Do we need props? Fuck yes!

Does that mean they're available right now? No.

We take what we can get now. He's an upgrade on what we have. We go with it.
If he is slightly better than flamingo and cheaper than him then it's a decent move.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The fuck are you lot crying about?

What other 7s are on the market right now? Hunt? He wants only back to Queensland so who else?

Of course, we should've done something with our halves at the start of the year. We all know that but who was out there?

Do we need props? Fuck yes!

Does that mean they're available right now? No.

We take what we can get now. He's an upgrade on what we have. We go with it.
Sexton isn't a clear upgrade, it's between slightly worse than what we currently have to slightly better than what we have. His signing does nothing for us besides give supercoach another half to rotate between. If it's a minimum wage signing (knowing us it's slightly more) it isn't the end of the world but it's very desperate and uninspiring.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sexton isn't a clear upgrade, it's between slightly worse than what we currently have to slightly better than what we have. His signing does nothing for us besides give supercoach another half to rotate between. If it's a minimum wage signing (knowing us it's slightly more) it isn't the end of the world but it's very desperate and uninspiring.
We're fucking shit. Our halves are fucking shit.

No matter what anyone says, we've 2+ years away from getting a half from our juniors. At least.

Of course it's a desperation signing. And?

We've just got fucking pumped 66-0 and are completely without any direction. Anyone is better than what we have atm.

What do we lose from taking him on?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he is slightly better than flamingo and cheaper than him then it's a decent move.
Fuck. Anythign is better than what we have.

I couldn't give a toss about signing him or not tbh.

I'm more concerned about our forwards ... or lack of! But, they club knows this as they're much smarter than me and most people on here (not you or @Nasheed) obviously

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck. Anythign is better than what we have.

I couldn't give a toss about signing him or not tbh.

I'm more concerned about our forwards ... or lack of! But, they club knows this as they're much smarter than me and most people on here (not you or @Nasheed) obviously
Fkn oath bro!

We have 500k this year and 2 million next year according to Gus.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched his highlights and he is shit!!

Looks very slow and lacks creativity. Can't believe Gus and Ciro thinks this guy is the solution to our problems. What a nothing signing.
I dont think we're getting a super star, but the best half we had since Sherwin was very very slow to.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol our defence is shit so it doesn’t matter if we buy players that can’t defend? That’s some TK logic right there :laughing: :laughing:
The logic is that 1 try scored is as good as 1 try saved at present we cant score or save trys.
BTW what other !/2 would have bought.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt watch him at tits.. is he at least a halfback that plays like one
Wasn’t keen, but an immediate mid season grab, we haven’t done that in a while. Will give him the benefit of the doubt, let’s see if we can only get beaten by 20 or 30, that will be a positive lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're fucking shit. Our halves are fucking shit.

No matter what anyone says, we've 2+ years away from getting a half from our juniors. At least.

Of course it's a desperation signing. And?

We've just got fucking pumped 66-0 and are completely without any direction. Anyone is better than what we have atm.

What do we lose from taking him on?
The 66-0 on the weekend doesn't matter if we signed players for 2024 when we were supposed to, e.g. November last year.

We're now starting from scratch next year and our current coach now has a very bad smell around him (5 year deal yikes). We've been in this hole since 2018 and the main salary cap concerns were almost gone by 2021. The last admin almost double downed and F'd us until 2024 (still should be doing better than what we currently are, especially after Gus came on board in regards to recruitment - a couple of years now).

The fans should not be accepting dud signings like Sexton now and not being competitive again next year. Sam Walker most likely unwanted at Rooster go get him or just use what we have cause Sexton ain't it. We're F'ing shit because of dud recruitment/timing and coaching decisions. Every season we go into without an experienced quality half and marquee middle (probably 2 considering how shit we are) we're no hope. I don't really care if nothing is left now because this should of been done almost 1 year ago now. Gus said himself we have a lot of salary cap to splash around, well F'ing use it...

Last edited:

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sexton reminds me a bit of Hodkinson. Let’s hope he does as well as him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has a great short kicking game close to the line. We need to learn how to build pressure and try fatigue teams in this area.

Only issue is that teams know we suck balls, so they will have no issue doing the short drop out on us... So unless we can defend them, Sexton's best asset will be nullified.

Wish we could fuse him and Flanagan together, great defence and solid attack, we'd have a competent little HB.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So tell us who you would have rather signed. And don’t say Ben Hunt because he’s not an option