Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is on Kyle Flanagan terms of halfback play attack wise and is a worse defender than Kyle. Club has lost itself completely to what it once was. Awful signing
I don't worry about about signing player who can't defend because our defence, has been shit house anyway, lets see if we can score another try or 2 each game instead.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don't rate him, based on what I've seen of him. He IS better than what we have but only because we don't actually have a single NRL level halfback. For our sake and his, I hope I'm wrong about him and he kicks on (and not out on the full).

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
And…. He was playing behind a forward pack that had Mo Fotuaka, Tino, Fifita etc

He’s coming to here to play behind a Snap, Crackle & Pop Rice Bubbles forward pack
Definitely, and I don't think he's going to come here and work miracles or be any kind of saviour to our team.

But I do think he is a halves upgrade. We haven't had a genuine halfback for the better part of a decade (Flanno was supposed to break the drought). So as long as Sexton can play like an actual halfback, he will take pressure off of Burton so that he can start learning how to play five-eigth, and our team can get one step closer to playing like a regular side.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still developing as a 7. Has quality traits in short kicking game and game organisation but he needs more time as he can play a shocker after playing a blinder. 3 yr deal is a mistake. It should have been 1.5 yr deal .

Oloapu is being looked at as a 13.
Burton will stay as a 6.

Good luck to the kid but until we get 3 quality aggressive meter eating Line bending forwards , sexton won't do anything.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This club is really gone to shit, for Gould to sign Sexton on a 3yr deal is desperation at its finest. Means even Gould knows we are dogshit and clutching at straws...

Doesn't feel like the Bulldogs anymore. I really think the club has lost its identity..
Sadly we are no longer a power club. Mismanagement by multiple administrations has destroyed our ability to compete. We will find it difficult to sign good players unless we become a competitive team

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't rate Sexton and I think this is a very desperate signing. If it's just for this season what's the point, if it's for more than this season than I'm expecting output similar to Flanagan and we'll just be swapping and changing and complaining why he's being picked...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kikau is fucking 100 times better than Fatfita.

TPJ is miles better than Mo, when he turns up like that Roosters game. He took on their whole pack and made amazing stats.

We also have Patolo, who is getting there and Frank the Tank off the bench is crazy.
Lol go to bed you’re clearly drunk

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should of signed mcgrady from the seagulls instead surname is worth a gamble

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Should of signed mcgrady from the seagulls instead surname is worth a gamble
He’s been on the books here before and didn’t make it lol

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spine should be

1. Avo
6. Burton
7. Sexton
9. Reed

But will be

1. Perham
6. Rajab
7. Burton
9. Reed

22. Sexton
Nah, I can’t see Rajab being named when he was hooked in the first half. I think Sexton will walk straight into the team if cleared.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Flanno was a D signing, then from what ive seen Sexton is a D+.
:(
I don't think this ends well, but im all for to be proven wrong.