Toby S*****n

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not convinced, yet see what transpires with more time and development considering how inexperienced and young he is.
Still pretty young rather hopefully a full pre season will help with combinations and confidence. Good fill in regardless as he can NRL but he wont make it unless he starts taking control of the team.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still too early to tell. Looked average but to be fair he came when the team was playing like shit so not the best time to judge. A full pre-season + a better fullback + hopefully better forwards and we can better judge.

He isn't spectacular in any areas, average in everything. To make it as an NRL halfback, you need to have at least one area that you excel in; whether it be your kicking game, running game, playmaking, game IQ, leadership or whatever. He's got time on his side as he's only 22 and definitely has time to improve.

But if I had to take a judgement right now, I'd say he isn't the answer. But happy to give him the chance next season, because what choice to we have...

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still too early to tell. Looked average but to be fair he came when the team was playing like shit so not the best time to judge. A full pre-season + a better fullback + hopefully better forwards and we can better judge.

He isn't spectacular in any areas, average in everything. To make it as an NRL halfback, you need to have at least one area that you excel in; whether it be your kicking game, running game, playmaking, game IQ, leadership or whatever. He's got time on his side as he's only 22 and definitely has time to improve.

But if I had to take a judgement right now, I'd say he isn't the answer. But happy to give him the chance next season, because what choice to we have...
Journeyman Half?
To be frank, I would rather that than continue with failed experiments that are supposed to be the next immortal!

Taylforth

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop gap. Feel Flanno offered the same tbh. Duped people into thinking he gave Burton all this space but it was against Souths reggies
Unfortunately agree. I was hoping he might be the boost our team needed, but seems (a bit like Flanno) a hard working competent footballer but not the leading, game managing spine half we need. Playing NSW Cup @ Titans says a lot.
Having said that, there are no real options available at the mo. Reynolds, Johnson are near end of careers. I think Gus/CC are waiting for one of the Flegg/SG ball talent group to come through from within. Hence Sexton on 3 year deal, as a reasonable competent stopgap in meantime.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately agree. I was hoping he might be the boost our team needed, but seems (a bit like Flanno) a hard working competent footballer but not the leading, game managing spine half we need. Playing NSW Cup @ Titans says a lot.
Having said that, there are no real options available at the mo. Reynolds, Johnson are near end of careers. I think Gus/CC are waiting for one of the Flegg/SG ball talent group to come through from within. Hence Sexton on 3 year deal, as a reasonable competent stopgap in meantime.
He does not come with the stigma Kyle had.
I suspect that will play a favourable factor for him and the team.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s our number 7.
Just being respectful as some of our members are uncomfortable saying his last name.
Remember, we have a deeply conservative Islamic and Catholic fanbase.
Should change his name to Toby Takeheroutonachastedateandhaveherhomeby9.30ton

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seen the best of Sexy ... he is another Flanagan / Matt Frawley type player. Wont offer a lot more than what we have already seen of him at the Titans, who at the time had a very good forward pack and the few games we have seen him play in our abysmal team. Good backup to a decent half when one becomes available or found. Deardon should be the target until then.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least Sexton can pass like a half. Not even the fastest backs can do much with blokes like Lewis and Flanagan looping their wobblies at them.

Sexton's reasonable and might get better after an off season and a bit more experience. For now he goes alright and doesn't come up with much dumb shit. That's probably why we've locked him up as our long term backup half, once we find our proper half that is.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Firstly madam, where did I say I’m a fan ??

And you are wrong again … the song was actually released in 1984 …

He was born in 59, I’m pretty sure he didn’t write the song with his song writing partner when he was 8 years old … so dumb !!

And if you’re so offended by the word SEX you maybe shouldn’t have referenced the song at all because the songs claimed to be about the sex position, not the year ..

You’re out of your league … I bet that cuts like a knife ..

Check yo self …
The word SEX is offensive, the Poshathons are already calling him evil, fuck the Poshathons.
He like many potential halves at Canterbury need to be trained into confidence under pressure so he is composed under all situations.
Nothing will faze this guy with the new roster around him.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His lack of athletic presence is a concern. He Doesn’t have power, speed, sidestep , or fend to worry the opposition. He has some footy smarts but is that enough to make an impact at NRL level. Yet to be seen.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But why are we in a position where we have to fight deep urges from just a game of football?
That’s what I don’t understand.

Anyway threads going off track a bit now
Because it’s someone’s culture and last name.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Established
Reaction score
nasheed drops 5+ blow ass post a week for 26 rounds and says he didnt watch the back end lol

on the real sexton done ok in a team with no 1st graders let alone 1st grade forwards, once we move these bums on we are planning to offload things will be easier to judge and i think he will have more to offer/show

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed drops 5+ blow ass post a week for 26 rounds and says he didnt watch the back end lol

on the real sexton done ok in a team with no 1st graders let alone 1st grade forwards, once we move these bums on we are planning to offload things will be easier to judge and i think he will have more to offer/show
I’ve admitted it before.
Copped for it.
A couple I passed out by hitting the Henny a bit too early, a couple I plain forgot when we were playing, on another my computer stream wasn’t working and I knew we were getting pumped leb style due to match thread so gave up after 20 mins yo and the last game I was at a wedding with one of the old Breakfast point hoods at Carlo bowls who doesn’t like the doggs.
Could have snuck off somewhere to watch it but by that point I decided who cares. We is cooked.

But, I ALWAYS watched the highlights on YouTube after the game so knew the go.

But can’t analyse non highlight performance if y’all knows what I mean.

Reactions: obe

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Because it’s someone’s culture and last name.
Yeah but if we had a player named paul abusewomen would you think that acceptable ?
It’s same thing but not as far as that

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but if we had a player named paul abusewomen would you think that acceptable ?
Would any of us even be here without sex, or a sextant ?

Image1695824787.267427.jpg

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would be fine, I’d just suppress my women abusing tendencies