To anyone wanting changes to the forwards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I suggest you go watch the NSW Cup game yesterday.

Here are the highlights: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/03/10/nofoaluma-scores-double-in-western-suburbs-win/

Not one single forward stood up and will make Pay consider them.

Asipeli Fine MAYBE (in for Elliott) because he was extended bench for NRL, but every other forward in NSW Cup was absolute rubbish.

If you can't last more than 20-30 minutes before your hands are on your hips.
If you can't do a basic thing like wrap up the ball in a tackle to stop an offload.
If you can't bend a line against borderline NRL props with first grade experience.
Then you aren't going to pressure for a first grade spot.

So please everyone, unless you watched NSW Cup game yesterday, don't be suggesting we change our lineup.

I watched the game and out of it only 2 players sparked any interest:

1. Anderson in the centres.
2. Lachlan Lewis (in a bad team).

Neither have an opening in first grade though, nor are in Top 30 players.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fine has bulked up a bit and I'd definitely have him in over Elliot. Regardless of how they play in NSW cup, all of Renouf, Ogden and taulau would make more than 8 metres which was the combined total of our current dud bench.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yesterday I don't think any NSW Cup prop would have made 8m (bench included). Backs were left to try and push up field, forwards and second rowers looked like they were out for a day in the park.

I do though believe Fine needs the spot over Elliott..

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Hate to agree with you, that game was woeful, how the hell you got hand on hips after 10 mins.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't care. Tualau showed us last season and during the trials that he can contribute with strong runs and defence. Ogden was also impressive last season in the ISP and trials. The ISP boys were off yesterday for whatever reason.

Funny to see you bag these guys while praising the fat fuck Eastwood and suggesting he should be promoted to the starting side after an embarrassing performance.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't care. Tualau showed us last season and during the trials that he can contribute with strong runs and defence. Ogden was also impressive last season in the ISP and trials. The ISP boys were off yesterday for whatever reason.

Funny to see you bag these guys while praising the fat fuck Eastwood and suggesting he should be promoted to the starting side after an embarrassing performance.
You've said yourself trials mean nothing though. Else by that token Eastwood looked superb in the trials.

Tualau and Ogden were completely MIA yesterday in NSW Cup, probably our two worst props as they were barely sighted. Martin and To'omaga tried, but that was it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You've said yourself trials mean nothing though. Else by that token Eastwood looked superb in the trials.

Tualau and Ogden were completely MIA yesterday in NSW Cup, probably our two worst props as they were barely sighted. Martin and To'omaga tried, but that was it.
Tualau had a great game against the defending premiers last season. He had a 20 minute stint and did everything required of him

Sometimes it's a mental thing too where players are more switched on in 1st grade and with experienced better players barking instructions at them they perform better.

Tualau is a must for either Elliot or tolman next game. He has to be on that bench

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we already know and seen over the years that NSW cup performance is not a litmus test how a play would perform at first grade level.

Frawley despite his inept performances of late put the world on fire as soon as he cracked first grade and he too was a mediocre player in the reserve grade.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Here are the highlights: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/03/10/nofoaluma-scores-double-in-western-suburbs-win/

Asipeli Fine MAYBE (in for Elliott) because he was extended bench for NRL, but every other forward in NSW Cup was absolute rubbish.

If you can't do a basic thing like wrap up the ball in a tackle to stop an offload.
If you can't bend a line against borderline NRL props with first grade experience.

So please everyone, unless you watched NSW Cup game yesterday, don't be suggesting we change our lineup.

─────────────────────────▄▀▄
─────────────────────────█─█
─────────────────────────█─▀█▀█▄
─────────────────────────█──█──█
─────────────────────────█▄▄█──▀█
────────────────────────▄█──▄█▄─▀█
────────────────────────█─▄█─█─█─█
────────────────────────█──█─█─█─█
────────────────────────█──█─█─█─█
────▄█▄──▄█▄────────────█──▀▀█─█─█
──▄█████████────────────▀█───█─█▄▀
─▄███████████────────────██──▀▀─█
▄█████████████────────────█─────█
██████████───▀▀█▄─────────▀█────█
████████───▀▀▀──█──────────█────█
██████───────██─▀█─────────█────█
████──▄──────────▀█────────█────█ Look son
███──█──────▀▀█───▀█───────█────█ a good post!
███─▀─██──────█────▀█──────█────█
███─────────────────▀█─────█────█
███──────────────────█─────█────█
███─────────────▄▀───█─────█────█
████─────────▄▄██────█▄────█────█
████────────██████────█────█────█
█████────█──███████▀──█───▄█▄▄▄▄█
██▀▀██────▀─██▄──▄█───█───█─────█
██▄──────────██████───█───█─────█
─██▄────────────▄▄────█───█─────█
─███████─────────────▄█───█─────█
──██████─────────────█───█▀─────█
──▄███████▄─────────▄█──█▀──────█
─▄█─────▄▀▀▀█───────█───█───────█
▄█────────█──█────▄███▀▀▀▀──────█
█──▄▀▀────────█──▄▀──█──────────█
█────█─────────█─────█──────────█
█────────▀█────█─────█─────────██
█───────────────█──▄█▀─────────█
█──────────██───█▀▀▀───────────█
█───────────────█──────────────█
█▄─────────────██──────────────█
─█▄────────────█───────────────█
──██▄────────▄███▀▀▀▀▀▄────────█
─█▀─▀█▄────────▀█──────▀▄──────█
─█────▀▀▀▀▄─────█────────▀─────█
─█─────────▀▄──▀───────────────█

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I never said trial don't mean anything, i said the score doesn't. And yes Eastwood did perform well in them, but as usual he was back to his usual lazy self and contributed fuck all. He just isn't up to NRL footy.

Tualau has proven he can perform off the bench at NRL level, he simply must be on the bench. I don't care about yesterdays ISP performance, something was off with that side.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said trial don't mean anything, i said the score doesn't. And yes Eastwood did perform well in them, but as usual he was back to his usual lazy self and contributed fuck all. He just isn't up to NRL footy.

Tualau has proven he can perform off the bench at NRL level, he simply must be on the bench. I don't care about yesterdays ISP performance, something was off with that side.
The way Eastwood played yesterday he would be lucky to crack reserve grade. Defensively woeful. You could replace him with anyone and I doubt you’d notice a difference

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martin looked very strong in the World Cup

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I watched NSW cup yesterday.
Wished I didn't.
Absolute rabble.
Luckily it is only the first game, if you watched both NSW cup & NRL one could be very concerned about the clubs forward quality & depth.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Eastwood has had more than enough chances and has flopped for years now.
Even though the forwards were shit nsw cup, they still deserve a chance over Eastwood.
At least till next year where we can be player active and sort our weakness out with some pick ups.

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin was the only forward who was ok. Bring him in, move Jacko to lock and bench Fualalo for some impact. Drop Tolman and Elliot for Tualau and To'omaga or Fine. That bench yesterday is not going to cut it.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Martin was the only forward who was ok. Bring him in, move Jacko to lock and bench Fualalo for some impact. Drop Tolman and Elliot for Tualau and To'omaga or Fine. That bench yesterday is not going to cut it.
I like fine. He runs hard and has late footwork at the line.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The reserve grade really disappointed me yesterday. No one put their hand up for first grade they all played like shit.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I saw both games and was disappointed by our forwards in the ISP game. I thought Eastwood and to a lesser extent Elliot were not fit enough in the main game yesterday. People are have a hate thing for Tolman but he at least doesn't stand around with his a hands on his hips. I think his biggest problem is he is too willing to take up the ball when he should be getting out of the way sometimes.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we get rid of the following:
Tolman, reason? Shit ****
Eastwood: reason? I mean.....
Elliot: reason? Yeah exactly
Woods: reason? More worried about his luscious fabulous hair and just no impact, drops the ball and points to the air to the ref.

Potentially Frawley will need to go, I don’t think his game compliments forans.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Some players play better when they play a higher level... Its hard to say who cant make it until they are actually given a go.

Tualau can do it, he debuted last yr and went alright.

I think Ogden still needs time but I wouldn't mind throwing To'maga in to see what he can do... He really had a good performance against the panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.