To all those who want Pay sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no marquee players and a team mainly filled with reserve first-grade players. If you don’t think our club needs to rebuild then I don’t know what will make you see that. Give Dean that chance to rebuild, that’s all I’m saying.
That's all well and good and admirable sentiment , but you would only keep him if you actually saw improvement in the players .

Tell me one player that has improved under PAY?

it's all good to say we are rebuilding , but whilst ur in rebuild mode you actually want to see players improve and get better

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That's all well and good and admirable sentiment , but you would only keep him if you actually saw improvement in the players .

Tell me one player that has improved under PAY?

it's all good to say we are rebuilding , but whilst ur in rebuild mode you actually want to see players improve and get better
They won't improve as they aren't quality players.

Pay was brought in to rebuild the team as they were crap - everyone knows that. Now he started that by moving players on who were nearing retirement (Morris boys etc...) and shedding players who were taking up far too much cap space and would prevent us from rebuilding (Woods, Mbye, Kasiano), and with these players gone and more likely to go this year and 2020 (such as Foran), the plan for Pay for rebuild the club with cap space to work with was ALWAYS long term!

Anyone here thinking Pay was going to turn this club around after only one year is delusional!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
It still amazes me that there are people out there that don’t understand the situation the club is in.

Until the roster gets sorted out we’re going to be in for some lean years.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think most of us can cop a lean year or two. But what we can't cop is no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm afraid that Dean Pay is standing in front of that light and blocking it. He just doesn't come across as someone that can get us out of this mess. We need an experienced man at the helm to oversee this comeback. Sure it may take a while but at the moment there are no signings that filled me with "we'll be good in 2 years" feeling. I'd rather they just blood half a dozen kids and try that than having the same old Hopoate, Holland and Montoya show.

Let's see how we go this week. If there is no improvement Pay has to go. It might not matterwho we have for the short term but it sure does for the long term.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying Pay should be sacked or kept just yet.

But after round ten, what needs to be assessed is whether his decisions are adversely affecting the team.

The fact of the matter is he has inherited a kneecapped roster and regardless of the coach, we will struggle to a large degree. This is the best reason to keep him on at least another 14 months from now.

But what we can assess today is his strategic decisions.

Is he playing a positive game thats getting the best of our slops? is he making wise recruitment decisions for next year. Is his selections inspired or a disaster? Is it dumb playing players out of position like he is or is there a method to that madness?

Do the players want to play for him?

If the answers to that are negative then we should probably move him on, BUT only if we can secure someone who is better and more experienced, which would be from England or one of the ex Manly coaches.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won't improve as they aren't quality players.

Pay was brought in to rebuild the team as they were crap - everyone knows that. Now he started that by moving players on who were nearing retirement (Morris boys etc...) and shedding players who were taking up far too much cap space and would prevent us from rebuilding (Woods, Mbye, Kasiano), and with these players gone and more likely to go this year and 2020 (such as Foran), the plan for Pay for rebuild the club with cap space to work with was ALWAYS long term!

Anyone here thinking Pay was going to turn this club around after only one year is delusional!
Sorry mate but according to what you said theres no role for a coach atm. Anderson or the football manager or whoever can do the cleaning up job.
Why not hire a PR guy as a coach until theyre ready to get decent players? He can handle the press better

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
on further thought, I think the answer is clear.

Shane Flanagan.
When he took over the Sharks 8 years ago, there were a mess like how we are, but he got them to lift and won a comp, and the sharks players play for each other.

He recruited smartly too.

I think he is the absolute obvious choice should Pay not fire.

Yes he oversaw the drugs thing but that wasnt straightforward. 50 shades of grey there.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sorry mate but according to what you said theres no role for a coach atm. Anderson or the football manager or whoever can do the cleaning up job.
Why not hire a PR guy as a coach until theyre ready to get decent players? He can handle the press better
Because he needs experience as a coach.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Griffin had Panthers firing, so he would be my pick. Not a lot of quality on the market tbh
Behind closed doors griffin has been approached 100% sure of this

And I won’t be giving away source or sauce or ketchup

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bennett,Bellamy,and Meninga couldn’t win with this team so why the f#ck does anyone think Pay could.When he has the right cattle he will look like a master coach.Bennet failed at knights with unlimited cash,Bellamy was shit as S.O.O coach and well Meninga is a legend but useless as a politician lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If a coach under performs with a good roster like Ricky Stuart or McGregor thats when you know they are shit.

Pay has a dud roster to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.