To accommodate Des Hasler's arrival the Bulldogs have sack long time trainer Larry Br

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs Say Farewell and Thank You to Larry Britton

16/12/2011 6:00:00 PM

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs wish to pay tribute to the hard work and dedication of Head Trainer Larry Britton, who has finished up with the Club after 36 years service.

Larry joined the Bulldogs back in 1976 and he has overseen incredible change across both the Club and the game of rugby league.

“I have devoted 36 years of my life to the Bulldogs and I leave with a lifetime of happy memories,” Britton says. “I have made lifelong friends and have worked with some great coaches, players, officials and staff in that time.

“Looking back on my career with the Club, I was lucky enough to be involved in ten Grand Finals in an era in which the Bulldogs were one of the most successful Clubs in the game, winning six Premierships. I am also thankful to the late great Peter ‘Bullfrog’ Moore, who was instrumental in my being selected to work with Australian and NSW State of Origin teams over a long period of the 80’s and 90’s, continuing into the 2000’s when I was involved with the Prime Minister’s XIII teams for four years.

“I would like to thank Peter Moore and Barry Nelson, as well as the numerous great administrators and coaches I have worked under in my time at the Club, as well as those I worked with at representative level.

“When it comes down to it, I love the Bulldogs and I wish them every success.”

Contrary to recent headlines in some sections of the media, the Bulldogs Club wishes to emphasise that Larry leaves the Club by mutual decision after a long period of consultation.

Larry Britton played a major role in the growth and development of the Bulldogs medical program and significant credit is due to his hard work, dedication and astute eye for detail and process.

His contribution to the NRL's game wide anti doping policies and ongoing effort to streamline the procedures and practices across our Club's OH & S program has ensured a strong legacy for future generations.

“Larry's contribution and passion for the Bulldogs medical portfolio has been one of many significant achievements during his time at the Bulldogs,” Bulldogs Chief Executive Officer Todd Greenberg said.

“The Club’s program is now at the forefront of the industry, and he can be extremely proud that his hard work continues to make a significant difference.

“His influence has been felt across the entire business and he has been a loyal and trusted member of staff spanning four decades.

“He has enjoyed premiership successes, he has represented both State & Country with distinction and in more recent times has played an integral role in our move back to Belmore, taking a lead hand in the design and construction process of our new Centre of Excellence.”

Bulldogs Club legend Terry Lamb – who worked with Larry as a young up and coming First Grader, senior player, Club captain and member of the football staff – says his efforts will continue to benefit the Club for many years to come.

“In my opinion, Larry was the one who knew most about us as players,” Lamb said. “Through his on field role, he was able to determine pretty quick when things were wrong, and this was back in the days when you wouldn’t come off the field easily.

“I remember once at Belmore Oval I broke my arm, and at first I thought it was a cork, but as soon as Larry saw it he instantly knew that it was much more than that. He always had a real feel for that kind of thing.

“More recently he’s overseen a big change in our medical program, and has helped us move into a new era when it comes to medical technology, things like hyperbaric chambers and the like.

“Away from footy too he’s seen our kids grow up, and he and his family were always around, adding to the family feel around the Club. He will be missed.”

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....s-say-farewell-and-thank-you-to-larry-britton
ya

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contrary to recent headlines in some sections of the media, the Bulldogs Club wishes to emphasise that Larry leaves the Club by mutual decision after a long period of consultation.
Haha as someone who knows Larry personally, I can tell you this is the biggest load of crap ever. He never wanted to leave, he was told too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With all the new laws regarding dismissals surely it would be hard for Dogs to let him go.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha as someone who knows Larry personally, I can tell you this is the biggest load of crap ever. He never wanted to leave, he was told too.
disappointing if true

however if it was my business and I could get someone better to do the job id do the same

end of the day its a business and the business aint going so well

we are one of the most unfit teams in the league

look at our recent players like idris, eastwood hickey etc all overweight

and also look at our fitness levels

after 36 years he had a good run if hes THAT good he can get a job anywhere its that simple ive heard so many people sook in my time about losing their jobs etc and that they were excellent at them but fail at getting the same job in another company

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how I missed this about Larry Britton ..... but I got a nasty after-taste after reading this thread.

36 years of service and gets shown the door just like that ?
Poor form. :(

Dude deserves something named after him, or at the very least a testimonial dinner !

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
A great serviceman to the club who inevitably got too old. Our guys training methods also got too old unfortunately. You can now see how much fitter the team is under Hasler's modern and innovative methods. Go the new age Dogs, the cattle-dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.