Titans star Jamal Irdris itching to meet old Bulldogs teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
GOLD Coast centre Jamal Idris will come up against his old Bulldogs teammates at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night - and can't wait.

A frustrated Idris missed the Titans' clash against Canterbury earlier this season through injury.

"You seem to play your best when you play your friends," he said yesterday.

"It feels a bit weird but it sort of pumps you up too.

"The last time we played them I was on the sidelines and I was that amped up just watching so I can't wait to get on the field this time."

In the lead-up to that round 5 encounter, won 30-20 by the Dogs, Idris endured some ribbing from mate Ben Barba and said he would keep an eye out for him on the field.

"Barbs and I are good mates," he said. "We give each other a bit of a hard time."

Idris is no stranger to hard times at the Titans, with the club languishing in 15th place coming into round 10 after only two wins from nine matches this season.

Idris is part of a logjam of outside backs jostling for NSW spots but he shrugged off talk of State of Origin.

"I don't have a clue (if I am in the mix for Origin)," he said.

"Origin is always a goal, the same as playing for Australia, but it's not really my priority at the moment. My priority is to win games for the Titans."

Last Saturday night's heartbreaking extra-time loss to Wests Tigers was a low point for the season but coach John Cartwright said it was important to rebound ahead of the Bulldogs clash, which is the second leg of a double-header.

"It's a big week mentally for us," he said.

"Last week was a game we had won and should have won but let it slip.

"The signs are good today. They've bounced in to training."

IS HE GONNA BLEED?? hope we smash him.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
hopefully Wright and Goodwin can contain their kicks....Idris will be calling all night for bombs in the air, given his height its a big advantage for him.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Guys don't be too harsh he might be a hemophiliac

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has been in sh*t form for the Titans since he left he has gone down hill imo. Hope Sam runs the prick over!!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
The Dogs and their fans are itching to see you get pollaxed too my old friend. Hopefully someone out in the centres can do that ? :/

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reynolds and Keating/Hodkinson should be grubbering behind him all night turning him around, we all know how good he is at that........

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
he will come out firing, make a couple of strong runs, then just fizz out....

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigger and better things hey Jamma. When the Titans go broke again we might let you play for our NSW Cup side

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
soooooooooo happy we didnt re-sign...

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The last time we played them I was on the sidelines and I was that amped up just watching so I can't wait to get on the field this time."
He was so amped up that he couldn't sleep the night before. At least that is the only explaination I can make after seeing him out at 4am.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he bleeds ... oh wait.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FMD Do you guys have every single player who dosent re-sign ?

However he has become absolute **** since he left... I could just imagine what Hasler would have done to him. Tbh Idris isent a centre, Hes a backrower and could cover centre.

He needs to be involved in the game more, as hes a lazy f*ck if he dosent receive the ball, he wont go looking for it.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
"You seem to play your best when you play your friends," he said yesterday.

"It feels a bit weird but it sort of pumps you up too.

Idris is part of a logjam of outside backs jostling for NSW spots
Just looking at this, two things are obvious:

1) That Kid Dredlock hasn't got any friends. :

2) Queensland are specials to win another Origin.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy to see Pritchard/Eastwood cop a two game ban if they lay him out.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On his day he could be a handfull and extremly damaging... we all remember that he made Tahu look like an amature.

He can not be taken lightly, we should be on our game and try to post a cricket score on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.