Opinion Time for the hierarchy to Grow a Pair.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ADVERSITY
nailed it!

look at the storm, all the players complain about doing the simple things over and over, It creates muscle memory and drills into their heads what to do under pressure.

No idea why players crumble from quality club and I suspect that’s to a lack of quality repetition, we need a head coach or something.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to achieve what? maybe we only get beaten 26-6 instead? lol there’s much more serious things that need to be fixed before our last 4 sin binnings.
Mate go read the other 10 or so threads that have popped up since the loss, pretty sure you’ll find that what your saying has already been said a hundred times over, your just regurgitating things that every passionate Bulldogs fan is already very aware of.

I’m commenting here about some very poor sin bin decisions that even the experts agree aren’t sin bin offences, I’m questioning why it seems to happen regularly and I’d like other fans opinions on whether it’s time we called them out in it.

I don’t care if you agree or disagree with that, but please don’t continue to state the obvious about what the coach and team need to fix because it just make you look like your commenting for the sake of commenting, we all know what the priorities are and there’s plenty of other threads to comment on if that’s what you want to discuss.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having Flanagan sin binned at that time of the game killed us...we were gassed towards the end of the first half after copping a caning in the penalty count,. in that heat, losing the penalty count 9-4 wasa huge factor to having no ebergy on attack and defence. But at the same time, our halves were not up to standard.
Your comment is spot on, and the points you make are exactly why I started this thread.

Being 3 props down and having a lot of inexperience in the team we were always going to be out gunned physically, I thought our boys defended their guts out in that first 35 minutes and you could see that 1/2 time couldn’t come quick enough, to lose a player at that stage of the game and have to do that extra defensive work to cover for him was always going to bite us in the ass.

Im dirty and spruiking here because he should never have been binned and that’s not the first time it’s happened, last season JMK was binned for a similar small infringement that also swung a game against us.

Yes our half’s were no up to standards and I’m sure Ciraldo will blow it up them, but this sin bin crap either publicly or behind closed doors also needs to be addressed as well.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The late in the count penalties for nothing were an absolute farce I counted 3

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the game has changed and become too complex. Theres no turning that around. There is no consistency with officiating even between matches in a single round.
I get very frustrated at some of the decisions made by refs.
The NRL is a dictatorship. They dont care what fans think, they have proven that time again. Coach's cant even speak freely for fear of being fined in pressers for example.

The top 4 teams dont appear to have issues with officiating.

I feel your frustration, I dont believe Flano should have been sent. Yes Thomo has had some harsh penalties imposed by the judiciary along the way.

But we dont have any power when it comes to the NRL

I just look at the bigger picture and that is us winning games. Anything that distracts us from doing that is a negative cause we have a long way to go.
Just to put things into perspective, I don’t care about missed off sides, missed forward passes, or those type of smaller missed infringements, they happen in every game and what goes around comes around.

I’m talking about binning a player for 10 minutes and the frequency it seems to happen to us, when everyone can clearly see it wasn’t warranted.

Maybe the top 4 teams don’t have an issue with officiating because they’re ran by some pretty powerful figures who wouldn’t cop that crap, and the ref’s all know it, maybe it’s time we let them know we won’t cop it either.

If it’s a Roosters, South’s Storm or Panthers game, maybe the ref’s might think a bit harder before binning one of their players for such a ridiculous reason, if that was Cleary touching TTurbo would he have been sent for 10, I can’t see it.

That decision didn’t lose us the game, but when one eventually does because we’ve allowed it to go unchecked, everyone will start shouting, I’m saying the hierarchy need to get on the front foot before that happens.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just to put things into perspective, I don’t care about missed off sides, missed forward passes, or those type of smaller missed infringements, they happen in every game and what goes around comes around.

I’m talking about binning a player for 10 minutes and the frequency it seems to happen to us, when everyone can clearly see it wasn’t warranted.

Maybe the top 4 teams don’t have an issue with officiating because they’re ran by some pretty powerful figures who wouldn’t cop that crap, and the ref’s all know it, maybe it’s time we let them know we won’t cop it either.

If it’s a Roosters, South’s Storm or Panthers game, maybe the ref’s might think a bit harder before binning one of their players for such a ridiculous reason, if that was Cleary touching TTurbo would he have been sent for 10, I can’t see it.

That decision didn’t lose us the game, but when one eventually does because we’ve allowed it to go unchecked, everyone will start shouting, I’m saying the hierarchy need to get on the front foot before that happens.
I agree, mate. When Payton made that comment about all the top teams getting the calls, the tide turned in favour of the cowboys. We need to start speaking up. Look, the Flanno sin bin didn't cost us the game, and the team has lots to work on, but just simply accepting these bad decisions and not putting some accountability towards the match officials doesn't help our cause.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, mate. When Payton made that comment about all the top teams getting the calls, the tide turned in favour of the cowboys. We need to start speaking up. Look, the Flanno sin bin didn't cost us the game, and the team has lots to work on, just simply accepting these bad decisions and not putting some accountability towards the match officials doesn't help our cause.
Exactly, what care factor is there if they know they won’t be called out on it.

I’d forgotten about that Payton incident, no more Mr nice guy, the referees need to receive a blast from Ciraldo so he’s respected as a coach from the get go and they know he won’t cop that crap ..

Then he needs to send Mahoney and King outside while he does a Bellamy and rips that team a new one, the team needs to be scared to ever put in a performance like that again, hope he has a good balance between being their buddy and being a C*** because he’ll need to know when to call on both if he wants to be a career coach.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to put genuine heat on players. I suspect Ciraldo will be true to his word when he puts players on notice, but there are some guys who need to understand that that they are skating on thin ice as far as getting first grade games in future. There are guys in our team who allow themselves to be dominated and never try to get their own back, it's got to change... pick the guys who are willing to rip in because otherwise we'll never get out of this mess.
Problem with how the NRL has shaped the comp , you really can’t put players on notice . The top 30 forces clubs to keep playing duds as can’t bring players from outside it unless too many injuries . Also due to top 30 structure and being able to sign a year before contract expires , players have been getting longer term contracts . The players know this , hence why some perform only when contract is up