Opinion Time for the hierarchy to Grow a Pair.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every man dog commentator fan and official know that sin bin decision was an absolute f#%€ing disgrace yesterday.

It’s time for the hierarchy to come out strong and cause a stir about it in the media, publicly ask for answers, this isn’t a one off, we’ve been getting the raw end of these ridiculous decisions that coincidently give the opposition the break they need for f#%€ing years and I for one am sick of the “oh yeah sorry about that”, and then it being swept under the carpet till next time.

I’m not blaming the loss on that decision, but with 3 of our starting props down we held our own in the first half and the score was 6 all with 6 minutes to go till half time, Manly weren’t playing well and the decision to bin that kid for basically nothing led to 2 try’s and gave them the confidence boost they needed.

The penalty count was 9-4, I saw Manly off side numerous times with no penalty, yet we got hammered.

Some of the absurd decisions that ref made in calling try’s for them and no try’s for us, some of the calls for knock ons and stripped balls were very suspect.

Again, this has been happening for years and until the hierarchy come out strong and publicly call them out for it it’s going to keep happening, maybe if they get called out in the media they’ll pull their heads in.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do if we want to finish around the 8 and I guess we’re going to see if the Ciraldo hype was on the money, but if the club is going to stand by and let the ref’s get away with those type of BS decisions and hammer us like they do, then we’ve got no chance.

1st game of the year, perfect time to call them out and put them on notice.

(SOS to Gus) please go use that $650k you say we have and find us two mongrel intimidating props.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They need to put genuine heat on players. I suspect Ciraldo will be true to his word when he puts players on notice, but there are some guys who need to understand that that they are skating on thin ice as far as getting first grade games in future. There are guys in our team who allow themselves to be dominated and never try to get their own back, it's got to change... pick the guys who are willing to rip in because otherwise we'll never get out of this mess.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to put genuine heat on players. I suspect Ciraldo will be true to his word when he puts players on notice, but there are some guys who need to understand that that they are skating on thin ice as far as getting first grade games in future. There are guys in our team who allow themselves to be dominated and never try to get their own back, it's got to change... pick the guys who are willing to rip in because otherwise we'll never get out of this mess.
100%. Reed and Reynolds are the only players who get this. Play like old school Bulldogs.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh who cares? we wouldn’t have won if he stayed on the field anyway. we need to fix our own internal issues before blaming refs and sin binnings
Did you even read that post, it clearly states that I’m not blaming the loss on that refereeing decision and that Ciraldo and the team have a lot of work to do.

But if you don’t agree that decision was a disgrace and it helped turn the game, then maybe you were watching a different game to me ..

I’ve never been a ref basher, and if that was a once off I’d have let it slide, but if you take your blinkers of from that one game and think about how regularly that happens to us then you will probably agree it’s time to stand up for ourselves and publicly say something.

Not that long ago Thompson pushed a player back to get him out of his face and copped 10 in the bin and a suspension for it and if we think back there’s another 5 or so ridiculous decisions against us.

It’s gotten beyond the joke and tbh we all should care about us continually being screwed by the ref’s, unless you like that type of thing of cause.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t lose due to referees calls. They make shit calls every game. We lose because we don’t have a team spirit.. we don’t have the cattle we don’t have a spine, we don’t have enough passion for the jersey. This club is has been going downhill for many years and we a long way from being fixed. Or if not it’s hard to see any light even with next years signings.

I’m a very proud supporter like all of you, and this is very frustrating. All we want is to see our team compete and play with pride.. win/lose/draw.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% correct and I generally like your common sense comments, but what you are saying here has all been stated a hundred times in all the other feeds that have popped up since we lost ..

Do you agree that decision yesterday was a disgrace, and when you think back about how regularly we get these calls do you agree it’s time the hierarchy came out and publicly called them out over it?

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% correct and I get really like your common sense comments, but what you are saying here has all been stated a hundred times in all the other feeds that have popped up since we lost ..

Do you agree that decision yesterday was a disgrace, and when you think back about how regularly we get these calls do you agree it’s time the hierarchy came out and publicly called them out over it?
Yeah I do I mean, I'd like for our hierarchy to assemble some footage of our games, and then say Souths games, particularly Souths v Sharks last night.. it seems that we get the nitpicking penalties and six agains against us, where as Souths get those their way.. not just Souths either, but either way you only need one example to prove a point in regards to the games not being officiated with consistency.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The decision was shit! Same as Kiraz HIA but we should be able to cover for 10 minutes without a player or during a reshuffle.
However the errors and mistakes coming out of “yardage” yet again was just painful to watch

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you even read that post, it clearly states that I’m not blaming the lose on that refereeing decision and that Ciraldo and the team have a lot of work to do.

But if you don’t agree that decision was a disgrace and it helped turn the game, then maybe you were watching a different game to me ..

I’ve never been a ref basher, and if that was a once off I’d have let it slide, but if you take your blinkers of from that one game and think about how regularly that happens to us then you will probably agree it’s time to stand up for ourselves and publicly say something.

Not that long ago Thompson pushed a player back to get him out of his face and copped 10 in the bin and a suspension for it and if we think back there’s another 5 or so ridiculous decisions against us.

It’s gotten beyond the joke and tbh we all should care about us continually being screwed by the ref’s, unless you like that type of thing of cause.
We would look like sooks.
It would be a distraction we dont need because the media and commentators would latch on cause thats what they do.
Ciraldo doesnt need that distraction, he has far more important things to concentrate on.
But most importantly, it wont change a thing. It would only be a negative.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s definitely not Flannos fault we lost but he doesn’t do anything to help winning.
We have a team full of brain dead players. If Averillo looks inside Flanno is open and it’s a try under the posts - we go up 12-6, Flanno doesn’t get sin binned and the result might be different, however Gus always alludes to this and it’s how good are we at bouncing back? When we get dealt a bad hand with ref calls, do we put our heads down or keep fighting? So far we have mostly a team of players who put their heads down except Mahoney and King. The rest need to pull their heads in now.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t lose due to referees calls. They make shit calls every game. We lose because we don’t have a team spirit.. we don’t have the cattle we don’t have a spine, we don’t have enough passion for the jersey. This club is has been going downhill for many years and we a long way from being fixed. Or if not it’s hard to see any light even with next years signings.

I’m a very proud supporter like all of you, and this is very frustrating. All we want is to see our team compete and play with pride.. win/lose/draw.
Again, I agree with you, but watching a replay a couple of times over and sin binning a player for touching someone on the back is a very different situation compared to missing a forward pass or missing some small infringement.

I know all us fans are very concerned about the way the team played and how badly we’ve performed over the last 7 or so years, it’s been horrible watching how far our beloved club has fallen.

But that doesn’t mean we have to let referees make absurd decisions against and continually get away with it, we’re not the referees punching bag, it’s the regularity that these big calls go against us that I’m pissed off about.

This is one problem we can fix straight away, call them out on this BS.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you even read that post, it clearly states that I’m not blaming the loss on that refereeing decision and that Ciraldo and the team have a lot of work to do.

bro read what you’re saying…

‘I’ve never been a ref basher, and if that was a once off I’d have let it slide, but if you take your blinkers of from that one game and think about how regularly that happens to us then you will probably agree it’s time to stand up for ourselves and publicly say something.’

how about we correct our own on field mistakes, passes going to ground, defensive lapses, stopping our kicks from going out on the full, fixing discipline like offsides etc and we won’t be in these situations. all well and good to say ‘get the club to say something publicly’ but does nothing to fix the real issues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I do I mean, I'd like for our hierarchy to assemble some footage of our games, and then say Souths games, particularly Souths v Sharks last night.. it seems that we get the nitpicking penalties and six agains against us, where as Souths get those their way.. not just Souths either, but either way you only need one example to prove a point in regards to the games not being officiated with consistency.
I’d like for our hierarchy to put together footage of our last 4 sin bin offences with footage of other clubs doing similar and not even receiving a penalty for it .. and then ask why we’re having players marched for such minor infringements.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like for our hierarchy to put together footage of our last 4 sin bin offences with footage of other clubs doing similar and not even receiving a penalty for it .. and then ask why we’re having players marched for such minor infringements.
to achieve what? maybe we only get beaten 26-6 instead? lol there’s much more serious things that need to be fixed before our last 4 sin binnings.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would look like sooks.
It would be a distraction we dont need because the media and commentators would latch on cause thats what they do.
Ciraldo doesnt need that distraction, he has far more important things to concentrate on.
But most importantly, it wont change a thing. It would only be a negative.
You make a good point and you are probably on the money.

But hypothetically, let’s say we’re leading by 4 against the Storm next weekend, and with 5 to go they send Flanagan to the bin for touching Meaney on the back in a similar situation, and they go on score and win the game, do you stick with this comment?

This is why I’m thinking it needs to be called out, it’ll come back to haunt us if we allow this crap to go on.

Maybe in public is not a good idea, but they can do it behind closed doors.

Buy the way the commentators all agree it was a ridiculous call & fans on socials even from opposition teams are also agreeing.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost purely because half the team lacks a back bone, ref calls are what they and that will never change and we can’t to continue to blame losing on them when there is time in the game to make up for it.

I do agree in general that rubbish calls need to be dealt with at the top level and repeat offenders stood down.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
ADVERSITY

This team can’t handle any sort of adversity thrown at them!

One error turns into two turns into three.

There isn’t a player in our team (Possible only Mahoney) that can swing momentum back our way & get this team on track.

What I can’t understand is how our club turns players with skill/rep honours/big contracts into fumbling error prone idiots like the Bulldogs can only do!

Last year, the players continued to get picked no matter how many times they f{}cked up… I wonder what Ciraldo will do when one loss turns into 2 to start the season off with

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every man dog commentator fan and official know that sin bin decision was an absolute f#%€ing disgrace yesterday.

It’s time for the hierarchy to come out strong and cause a stir about it in the media, publicly ask for answers, this isn’t a one off, we’ve been getting the raw end of these ridiculous decisions that coincidently give the opposition the break they need for f#%€ing years and I for one am sick of the “oh yeah sorry about that”, and then it being swept under the carpet till next time.

I’m not blaming the loss on that decision, but with 3 of our starting props down we held our own in the first half and the score was 6 all with 6 minutes to go till half time, Manly weren’t playing well and the decision to bin that kid for basically nothing led to 2 try’s and gave them the confidence boost they needed.

The penalty count was 9-4, I saw Manly off side numerous times with no penalty, yet we got hammered.

Some of the absurd decisions that ref made in calling try’s for them and no try’s for us, some of the calls for knock ons and stripped balls were very suspect.

Again, this has been happening for years and until the hierarchy come out strong and publicly call them out for it it’s going to keep happening, maybe if they get called out in the media they’ll pull their heads in.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do if we want to finish around the 8 and I guess we’re going to see if the Ciraldo hype was on the money, but if the club is going to stand by and let the ref’s get away with those type of BS decisions and hammer us like they do, then we’ve got no chance.

1st game of the year, perfect time to call them out and put them on notice.

(SOS to Gus) please go use that $650k you say we have and find us two mongrel intimidating props.
Having Flanagan sin binned at that time of the game killed us...we were gassed towards the end of the first half after copping a caning in the penalty count,. in that heat, losing the penalty count 9-4 wasa huge factor to having no ebergy on attack and defence. But at the same time, our halves were not up to standard.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You make a good point and you are probably on the money.

But hypothetically, let’s say we’re leading by 4 against the Storm next weekend, and with 5 to go they send Flanagan to the bin for touching Meaney’s on the back in a similar situation, and they go on score and win the game, do you stick with this comment?

This is why I’m thinking it needs to be called out, it’ll come back to haunt us if we allow this crap to go on.

Maybe in public is not a good idea, but they can do it behind closed doors.

Buy the way the commentators all agree it was a ridiculous call & fans on socials even from opposition teams are also agreeing.
I think the game has changed and become too complex. Theres no turning that around. There is no consistency with officiating even between matches in a single round.
I get very frustrated at some of the decisions made by refs.
The NRL is a dictatorship. They dont care what fans think, they have proven that time again. Coach's cant even speak freely for fear of being fined in pressers for example.

The top 4 teams dont appear to have issues with officiating.

I feel your frustration, I dont believe Flano should have been sent. Yes Thomo has had some harsh penalties imposed by the judiciary along the way.

But we dont have any power when it comes to the NRL

I just look at the bigger picture and that is us winning games. Anything that distracts us from doing that is a negative cause we have a long way to go.