Time for mass Changes

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The forwards were performing much better earlier this year tho so this may indicate an attitude problem or players losing faith in the "system".
Not sure if they performing much better wendog, maybe a little better. We are still last in the NRL for metres gained so that always makes it hard. Yesterday the eels ran for over 2,000 whilst we ran for just over 1,500. Thats the case pretty much every week.

Moses was clearly the difference yesterday. Thats what happens when we play teams with a decent forward pack and a good halfback. Its happended twice with Parra, twice with the warriors and countless other teams this year.

Look at some of our forward stats yesterday :

Max King - 5 runs for 35m
Edwards - 8 runs for 46m
Morrin - 5 runs for 44m
Pengai - 15 runs for 131 metres

For the eels Paulo (119m), RCG (153m), Cartwright (141m), Hopgood (150m), Ogden (136m), Makatoa (106m).

Deadset demolition job. I know people bag out TPJ but he is a one man band.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
To be fair, we did have Kikau in those earlier games which is a big in for us and the opposition forwards in the earlier rounds weren’t as brutal as the guys were going up against in this period - you could be right though Wendy, maybe with all the player movement whispers flying around and the disruption of Origin really hurt our squad? Have to say, I didn’t expect 3 players gone for game 1.
We dont really know whats exactly the cause but it is the reality of how the team is performing..poorly.

We are kinda creaping back into making excuses but it's on everyone in the footy dept.

Replacing Perhaps isn't going to see much improvement but we might see incremental improvement and a bit of positivity gained by the players and belief again. It looks like faith has to be restored again to me and to focus with work on the little things. That can only happen if the mistake riddled players are jettisoned.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if they performing much better wendog, maybe a little better. We are still last in the NRL for metres gained so that always makes it hard. Yesterday the eels ran for over 2,000 whilst we ran for just over 1,500. Thats the case pretty much every week.

Moses was clearly the difference yesterday. Thats what happens when we play teams with a decent forward pack and a good halfback. Its happended twice with Parra, twice with the warriors and countless other teams this year.

Edwards - 8 runs for 46m
Morrin - 5 runs for 44m

For the eels Paulo (119m), RCG (153m), Cartwright (141m), Hopgood (150m), Ogden (136m), Makatoa (106m).

Those kinds of stats should be unacceptable to a f/g coach and he needs to find out either why or make changes to regain some authority over those kinds of performances.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There can't be mass changes, we do not have the cattle.

We might get some minor tweaks but that is it.
Our reserve grade cattle are topping the table and just put 60 on a team. Our first grade can’t be that much better than them

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We dont really know whats exactly the cause but it is the reality of how the team is performing..poorly.

We are kinda creaping back into making excuses but it's on everyone in the footy dept.

Replacing Perhaps isn't going to see much improvement but we might see incremental improvement and a bit of positivity gained by the players and belief again. It looks like faith has to be restored again to me and to focus with work on the little things. That can only happen if the mistake riddled players are jettisoned.
Our next game must be a statement game from coach and players albeit we’re playing one of the biggest forward packs in the NRL and a good spine away from home so we also need to be somewhat realistic.

See how we go!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those kinds of stats should be unacceptable to a f/g coach and he needs to find out either why or make changes to regain some authority over those kinds of performances.
Yep agreed.

Even though it was only NSW Cup yesterday our forwards tore the eels a new one. Brown and Pele in particular

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edwards - 8 runs for 46m
Morrin - 5 runs for 44m

Apart from the paycheck My on problem with TPJ is that he's a meat head, he needs to be given basic instructions to just put the ball under his arm and run forward in a straight line.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Edwards - 8 runs for 46m
Morrin - 5 runs for 44m

Never thought we would go from putting up those Eels number and more, to now resembling the foward packs we would batter.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Our next game must be a statement game from coach and players albeit we’re playing one of the biggest forward packs in the NRL and a good spine away from home so we also need to be somewhat realistic.

See how we go!
Hynes dropped from origin 2.

He'll play the game of his life against us

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do we still name a team today? even tho we played yesterday

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from the paycheck My on problem with TPJ is that he's a meat head, he needs to be given basic instructions to just put the ball under his arm and run forward in a straight line.
Yep agree mate but he doesn’t get much help up front from the other powder puffs. If they pulled their weight he may not go for as many big plays

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Edwards - 8 runs for 46m
Morrin - 5 runs for 44m

You forgot our only real forward...

Preston - 16 runs for 193m

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How depressing is it that whenever the opposition make a break, they are 99% certain to score.... I miss a full back + players who could scramble and prevent that shit at least once a game.. it's ridiculous.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses said in the post game he just watched video and knew we had lazy defenders. That's all u need to do along with shutting down Burton

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Edwards - 8 runs for 46m
Morrin - 5 runs for 44m

I'm no massive TPJ fan, but for middles who are performing right now, I have to take my hat off to him, week after week. The misses were misguided efforts, not laziness this time. I still blame his A and B defenders for not even getting close to moses or gutho.

Then you have Edwards caught so many times flat footed, something is wrong with Max King, Morrin lacked that leg speed where he just smashes into the line and I saw one or two decent carries from Patolo.

Three weeks ago I thought we were 2 middles and a good halfback away from sustained success. I'm not sure I feel that way anymore

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Points are scored off the back of the defence. There were 57 missed tackles on Monday.