Time for mass Changes

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
More changes probably needed, but off the top of my head this would be the first 3.

OUT
Perham
Alamoti
Okunbur

IN
Wilson
Burns
Topine

TPJ is a fuckwit, but unfortunately we stuck with him.
Agree with Perham to Wilson.
But not Topine.
Pele will come in.
What about Kitione Kautoga, can he get a run this year?

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wilson
JAC
Burns
Averillo
Skelton
Burton
Rajab
TPJ
Mahoney
King
Preston
RFM
Thompson

Flanagan
TPJ
Pele
Brown
I don’t mind that team but would only have one of Brown and Flanagan on the bench, I would keep Morrin.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching that presser seems to me Ciro is putting our defensive issues down to players not buying into his system and individuals lack of effort on scrambling

Like a few of us have said tonight our attack wasn’t all that bad we just lacked polish (dumb kicks or forced passes) we broke their line multiple times and Fox also bombed that last try so I have no real issues with scoring points but geez we need some serious work on defence

CC picked out Rajab, Oloapu and Preston as our 3 best so there’s your 3,2,1 [emoji23]

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bench full of skeletons, getting rolled.
First thing Olaupa and Okun to not miss tackles

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching that presser seems to me Ciro is putting our defensive issues down to players not buying into his system and individuals lack of effort on scrambling

Like a few of us have said tonight our attack wasn’t all that bad we just lacked polish (dumb kicks or forced passes) we broke their line multiple times and Fox also bombed that last try so I have no real issues with scoring points but geez we need some serious work on defence

CC picked out Rajab, Oloapu and Preston as our 3 best so there’s your 3,2,1 [emoji23]
I agree. There’s too many soft one on one misses that lead to direct tries. Every week. Not sure if it’s an attitude or fatigue thing but it’s bad. Cc can’t be responsible for individual attitude but he should be able to drop them.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There can't be mass changes, we do not have the cattle.

We might get some minor tweaks but that is it.
We have a NSW cup side leading the comp and won 64-12 today. It's time for changes.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. There’s too many soft one on one misses that lead to direct tries. Every week. Not sure if it’s an attitude or fatigue thing but it’s bad. Cc can’t be responsible for individual attitude but he should be able to drop them.
It's just that half the squad is still not NRL standard. Polish that turd all you like but it's still a turd.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

No idea how Karl was anywhere near our best, done absolutely nothing other than that run to setup Burton and then eventually moved to lock. Just on that why the fuck are we changing our 5/8 during the game and moving him to lock? I don't fucking understand.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have a NSW cup side leading the comp and won 64-12 today. It's time for changes.
Ciro said he was more impressed with Reggie’s defence than the 60’odd points

Surely at least 3 changes are made

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and until Gus pulls his finger out and buys a halfback the club will still be screwed.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just that half the squad is still not NRL standard. Polish that turd all you like but it's still a turd.
Exactly this.

Which comes down to recruitment & retention. I think the model of bringing in quality young ones and developing from within is the best long term decision. However we have been building without an NRL standard half for years now and nothing is done about it. We have had a poor middle rotation for years and we just add duds like Sutton.

We have the worst roster in the competition both in quality and balance.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea how Karl was anywhere near our best, done absolutely nothing other than that run to setup Burton and then eventually moved to lock. Just on that why the fuck are we changing our 5/8 during the game and moving him to lock? I don't fucking understand.
He’s the only bloke who hits with his shoulder. Too many arm grabbing pansy efforts today.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If ya dont know, ya just dont know...

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly this.

Which comes down to recruitment & retention. I think the model of bringing in quality young ones and developing from within is the best long term decision. However we have been building without an NRL standard half for years now and nothing is done about it. We have had a poor middle rotation for years and we just add duds like Sutton.

We have the worst roster in the competition both in quality and balance.
Spot on it all starts with an experienced halfback. If Gus can't deliver on this he's wasting our time. Blind Freddy could have seen this going into this year.

Reactions: CMP