TIM LAFAI?? Why cant he make starting squad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where is Tim Lafai?? Injured?? Drunk?? Holidays?? Slept with Coach's Wife??

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game yesterday on TV, but was told he lacks enthusiasm in the lower grades, different story when he gets brought up to FG. He was playing really well, before he got injured last season..Can he play on the wing though? If we were to bring him in though, then we would have to reshuffle our backline..moving Perret to wing on Morris's side, Inu to the wing, and Lafai to centre on Inu's side. Not sure if its a great thing to do, if they were to do it, better of doing it now..then later in the season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure he could manage on the Wing. Cant imagine brown or low being any better there.
Catching problem maybe?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The more important question is why, after 3yrs of him being nothing more than a fringe player, do people still rave about him as if he is the answer to every dilemma we have?

Average player not picked by the best coach in the NRL.

Simple

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Because he's obviously not that good!!! Why does everyone think he's so good? He's only ever appeared to be an average footballer to me. Good footwork but very injury prone and apparently has a bad attitude

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Man Lafai is solid as in first grade, he has already proved he has it....he has been unlucky with injuries but if he is fit then there is no need look past him imo - he didnt put a foot wrong previously and played above average in both attack and defense.

Only reason would be on how he is playing at the moment perhaps?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
The wind is no good for his shoulder ...

S

Sharpy

Why? Because he's obviously not that good!!! Why does everyone think he's so good? He's only ever appeared to be an average footballer to me. Good footwork but very injury prone and apparently has a bad attitude
So does your logic work to hodkinson then? It should

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he'll get a crack soon, now that zap has retired. Brown last week was underwhelming and made some crucial errors.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously isn't picked for a good reason.

Also he has a stupid hair cut.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also a massive ball hog as well....Last year against the Rabbitohs, he went for glory instead of passing to an open Ben Barba...Were it not for Barba's try saving tackle on Farrell, we would've lost that game

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also a massive ball hog as well....Last year against the Rabbitohs, he went for glory instead of passing to an open Ben Barba...Were it not for Barba's try saving tackle on Farrell, we would've lost that game
Agree 100%!!! God bless Barba.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All i know is there a alot of hypocrits and haters out there but until i see the guy make an outstanding mistake then his still in tha mix as i have sen him do more good than bad. I even thought this kid had it on Morris at one stage and to have that potential merits a call up sooner or later and now is a perfect time. C'mon Des please dont put brown in again and low aint strong enough to be a winger... They cant handle it!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man Lafai is solid as in first grade, he has already proved he has it....he has been unlucky with injuries but if he is fit then there is no need look past him imo - he didnt put a foot wrong previously and played above average in both attack and defense.

Only reason would be on how he is playing at the moment perhaps?
I agree. He wasonly a kid the first time he played FG. He replaced Josh Morris for a number (maybe four?) of games. He started okay and finished very well. IMO the only reason he is not in FG now is that bot he and Morris prefer the left centre position. But Morris played right centre at State of Origin level and went very well. Also Krisnan Inu is very much at home on the left wing. So who knows what might happen in the future.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The more important question is why, after 3yrs of him being nothing more than a fringe player, do people still rave about him as if he is the answer to every dilemma we have?

Average player not picked by the best coach in the NRL.

Simple
What you've said is actually not very accurate at all. The main problem with Lafai is injuries, not his ability. He is definitely a First Grade quality player.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing him get a go, but theres way too much raving about him on here. He isnt proven yet. Yes, he had a few 'solid' fg appearances but wasnt godlike or anything.

The hype around him here though is Lett like.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing him get a go, but theres way too much raving about him on here. He isnt proven yet. Yes, he had a few 'solid' fg appearances but wasnt godlike or anything.

The hype around him here though is Lett like.
Lafai is better than Hodges and Morris combined. We must give him a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.