Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I'd like the club to disclose it it's actually better that they don't. Being completely transparent as a football operation and business would put us at a disadvantage in such a competitive (and media driven) environment
How would it hurt to say that we had to release Lafai due to salary cap pressures? I can understand not going deeper than that... but having said that I don't see why everyones salary isn't public knowledge like it is for a lot of other pro sports.

From what that bloke was saying above, it sounds like Lafai was on a lot more money than everyone thinks he was...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no use crying over spilt milk fellas what's done, is done!!! There's no turning back now.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
First Hokko then Lafai out the gate just like that, these hard and fast business decisions aren't that popular, who next?

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Hokko then Lafai out the gate just like that, these hard and fast business decisions aren't that popular, who next?
Hodkinson did f... all until a few rounds before the semis. Most tries were scored down our right side defence and I don't think Lafai made more than 3 or 4 line breaks.
I fail to see why fans are whinging about these 2 being released

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would it hurt to say that we had to release Lafai due to salary cap pressures? I can understand not going deeper than that... but having said that I don't see why everyones salary isn't public knowledge like it is for a lot of other pro sports.

From what that bloke was saying above, it sounds like Lafai was on a lot more money than everyone thinks he was...
Understand. Even if salaries were public knowledge there are other reasons behind players moving on. Do we know:

A) lafai wanted more money and wasn't given it so he requested a release
B) we needed to upgrade other players e.g klemmer and saw this as an opportunity to free up cap space
C) we are looking at another replacement centre
D) lafai was told he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot and would have to fight for it (based on his form)
E) he and his manager managed to find a better offer elsewhere and simply requested a release

I could probably write you another 100 possibilities. Reality is it won't be common knowledge and no club will give us that info unless it's simply salary cap pressure. We can only rely on snippets from the inside

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TRex. How that for a hard and fast business decision?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Contracts mean fk all if its in the clubs best interest.
The best interest of the club was to release she Rex, not resign Perret and keep tim. Fcuk hoppa off he's done sfa since leaving the stars at manly ie Foran dce lyon Stewart Matai

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The best interest of the club was to release she Rex, not resign Perret and keep tim. Fcuk hoppa off he's done sfa since leaving the stars at manly ie Foran dce lyon Stewart Matai
In soo, he was getting smashed and driven back in every tackle like a little bitch.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the actual fcuk can manly put an offer in for klemmer and coroner when they're paying dce nearly 2 mill a year, just upgraded matais deal, have myles on 500k plus Stewart 600 plus, tapau 700?
has bozo knob Fulton gone back to his old tricks.
ffs between dce tapau and Stewart there goes 50% of ur cap easily!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tapau 700k? Lol wtf. Who the **** would pay any where near that money for him haha

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
120k for Perret is 119k too much imo and that's incl his brother. Even if he is "cheap" which he is not he is holding back Phillips and that is something that pisses me off.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tapau 700k? Lol wtf. Who the **** would pay any where near that money for him haha
Marley it was clearly stated everywhere that manly offered him 3 yr 2 million dollar deal which blew tigers out of the water and made tapau ask for a release immediately
im telling u manly will be top 4 next season and are back to their old tricks.
dont forget they still have buhrer, myles, Lewis brown a nz international, Api korisau, turbo bros

Status
Not open for further replies.