Tim lafai fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies 2035

Waterboy
Reaction score
Before I get criticised what about this lafai use to play for South Sydney in I think SG ball they let him go because they thought he wasn't good enough but I got a mate that play with him and others he play with made first grade now such as Dylan walker Tyrone Phillips James Roberts and much others. and in souths lafai I herd was very was very good and was able to play fullback anyway long story short a lot of souths boys were pist they let him go and some can't believe how good he was and explosive and now that he's taller bigger and stronger with better footwork why not give him a go

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its not a crazy suggestion but there still should be criticism of this thread

Doggies 2035

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't see why not people always talk about he's big quick good footwork tall good in attack and defence why not give him a go he will be good

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not people always talk about he's big quick good footwork tall good in attack and defence why not give him a go he will be good
Yep, he is big, strong, fast, has got the footwork and is good in attack and a very strong defender. So far he has ticked all the boxes. The only thing we don't know about him is how good he is under the high ball... but he can probably do that one as well.

But the problem that arises is that we are so short of centres. Inu has gone (thank God) and Stanley is a walking hospital admission. The only options we have are Moses Mbye and Corey Thompson who just haven't got Tim Lafai's class.

Personally I'd like to see Corey Thompson take the fullback position. The reason being is that he has shown by playing on the wing that he has all the necessary skills to go well in that position.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Before I get criticised what about this lafai use to play for South Sydney in I think SG ball they let him go because they thought he wasn't good enough but I got a mate that play with him and others he play with made first grade now such as Dylan walker Tyrone Phillips James Roberts and much others. and in souths lafai I herd was very was very good and was able to play fullback anyway long story short a lot of souths boys were pist they let him go and some can't believe how good he was and explosive and now that he's taller bigger and stronger with better footwork why not give him a go
Take a breath :grinning:

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Backline plays wont work because Lafai cant pass. He either one hand gridiron passes it or throws it forward

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
its not a crazy suggestion but there still should be criticism of this thread
like the lack of punctuation in the first post.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We need a ball playing fullback

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Still waiting for that "rock star" fullback signing tbh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surely if this was an option, Des would have already explored it.

That said, with Loko confirmed, it's possible Loko > centre, and Lafai > Fullback.

Just not sure that Lafai reads the game well enough from the back to be a fullback though.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too late in the season to try something like that, we will need to fine tune Perrett so he can jump, sprint and tackle like a legend.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looked great at left centre. He seems to be much better on the left than on the right.

As for FB, It's not a crazy suggestion, but he lacks a bit of pace. I still think J Moz is our best FB option, currently at our club.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Not a great idea, he's a bit too heavy and would probably lack the fitness atm

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I've said it all along, our best fullback is playing wing and our best winger is playing fullback

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Earlier in the season I would have given him a shot.

Anyway how many players (within our club or to be bought) have been thought of as possible 'fullbacks' for us this year? It would have to be well over 20.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has the potential to be an Inglis style fullback but until he's been properly tested there (IE; NSW CUP) then I wouldn't throw him in the deep end with only a few rounds left in the season. He's crucial to our defence right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.