Tim Lafai & Brett Morris Injury Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kasiano never lead with his knees. What a stitch up
He led with his arms, meaning he tackled a Souths player...... little known fact, thats against the rules in 2015, I expect our whole squad to be found guilty of that and suspended.

The NRL realised the Bulldogs where the better team and it was very difficult for the refs to hand the victory to the team the NRL want to win back to back, the clear solution is to ban all Bulldogs players for the rest of the season and kept the fairytale alive.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt that BMoz and Lafai will be out for a long time with their respective injuries.

Suspensions? That will depend on how the NRL weigh up Sutton's totally biased adjudication of the game that triggered the Bulldogs players reactions.

If our players do go before the judiciary a good lawyer should get them off suspensions. Either way IMO its time that Jacob Loko wore a NSW Cup jersey. We're going to need him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
**** I hope not!

I really would be filthy if B Moz is out for more then another couple of weeks.

I am expecting that though with his hammy.

Lafai hopefully isn't as bad as expected.

It's just sh1t that we were the better team, lose a top intensity game in the final 2 minutes and potentially lose B Morris for a while, Graham, Klemmer on top of Lafai all from bs.

I mean even just losing Lafai is a blow. B Moz is most likely the worst blow we could cop. Throw in Klemmer & Graham for just a bit harder of a kick in the balls with the game.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To people death riding our season already..

Did we not make the grand final last year with a poorer team after losing like 5 of the 7 last games?

We're gonna take a hit yes. But we'll be competitive. Origin won't decimate is again due to form and injury.

A few bad weeks will be coming but when they are all back on the park this bullshit will be burning in the back of their mind.

I'm more confident now than I was before this game about our season.
100% agree

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have alot more depth this year,im still confident we can win with the quality of replacement players we have,then when our big guns return look out

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If true, it will br crazy to put Mbye in the centres. Mbye has proved his worth at 6. We have Stanley and Loko to fill in at centre and Thompson on the wing
Loko hasn't played footy in two years. Don't understand everyone's obsession with rushing him into first grade.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loko hasn't played footy in two years. Don't understand everyone's obsession with rushing him into first grade.
I totally agree plus hes shown a total lack of respect and selfishness against the club ,he deserves to stay suspended

Malla

Reaction score
I actually hope this means BMoz does not get picked for origin.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was looking forward to tearing the Dragons a new one this Sunday... Looks like espcaping with a win will be a big deal

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Look at our other options.

1 to 5 was our NSW Cup lineup this weekend.

1 JALINE GRAHAM - Not up to NRL standard as a fullback/backline player and no NRL experience.
2 TYRONE PHILLIPS - NRL experience but not up to NRL standard.
3 LEVI DODD - Still learning the ropes and not ready for NRL. Not a bad player though.
4 CHASE STANLEY - Breaks everytime there is a crosswind and is better on the wing.
5 JARROD MCINALLY - Still learning the ropes. Too early to debut him imho.
6. Tasi TASI - Still learning the ropes nd came up from NYC this year. Not NRL ready.
7. Jacob Loko - 6'4" (192cm), and 107kgs. 4 tries from 23 games. Breaks tackles like no tomorrow, and has NRL experience.
8. Corey Thompson - Stable and solid performer.

So realistically you only have / want Stanley, Loko, or Thompson.

Given we will be without a fullback and 2 centres .... Hasler will most likely (though I don't agree), push Perrett to fullback, and Thompson to the wing.
Centre pairing will screw us. I'd say Stanley in at wing, with Rona and Loko in the centres.

Ideally I'd like to see our backline as:

1. Thompson
2. Perrett
3. Loko
4. Rona / Stanley
5. Stanley / Rona

We still field a very decent side that way.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He led with his arms, meaning he tackled a Souths player...... little known fact, thats against the rules in 2015, I expect our whole squad to be found guilty of that and suspended.

The NRL realised the Bulldogs where the better team and it was very difficult for the refs to hand the victory to the team the NRL want to win back to back, the clear solution is to ban all Bulldogs players for the rest of the season and kept the fairytale alive.
We (Western Sydney) will get our fairytale disneyland ending soon lol and when it does I don't think Western Sydney will be the same for a while

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can win games with our pack. (We usually do)
It'll suck to lose the moz's and lafai, but if klemmer, kas and graham are free to play we'll win more than we lose.

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look at our other options.

1 to 5 was our NSW Cup lineup this weekend.

1 JALINE GRAHAM - Not up to NRL standard as a fullback/backline player and no NRL experience.
2 TYRONE PHILLIPS - NRL experience but not up to NRL standard.
3 LEVI DODD - Still learning the ropes and not ready for NRL. Not a bad player though.
4 CHASE STANLEY - Breaks everytime there is a crosswind and is better on the wing.
5 JARROD MCINALLY - Still learning the ropes. Too early to debut him imho.
6. Tasi TASI - Still learning the ropes nd came up from NYC this year. Not NRL ready.
7. Jacob Loko - 6'4" (192cm), and 107kgs. 4 tries from 23 games. Breaks tackles like no tomorrow, and has NRL experience.
8. Corey Thompson - Stable and solid performer.

So realistically you only have / want Stanley, Loko, or Thompson.

Given we will be without a fullback and 2 centres .... Hasler will most likely (though I don't agree), push Perrett to fullback, and Thompson to the wing.
Centre pairing will screw us. I'd say Stanley in at wing, with Rona and Loko in the centres.

Ideally I'd like to see our backline as:

1. Thompson
2. Perrett
3. Loko
4. Rona / Stanley
5. Stanley / Rona

We still field a very decent side that way.
If both our centres are out then it will be Stanley and Jackson in the centres.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Play kasianos incident in real speed not slow motion
nothing iit

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If jmoz is out i think backline should be
1)perrett
2)thompson
3)Stanley
4)rona
5)t.phillips
6)mbye
7)hokko

mick_h1990

Waterboy
Reaction score
B Morris out for 2-3 months

1 min of kaos at the end Ucks our whole season

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if those reports are true, we will still win games as Perrett does a very good job at the back. His game has gone to another level and is safe at the back so I trust him as Des would to take control.

I wonder who will come in at centre and wing though? Guessing Loko or Stanley (hopefully both stay injury free) and Thompson on the wing.

mick_h1990

Waterboy
Reaction score
Even if those reports are true, we will still win games as Perrett does a very good job at the back. His game has gone to another level and is safe at the back so I trust him as Des would to take control.

I wonder who will come in at centre and wing though? Guessing Loko or Stanley (hopefully both stay injury free) and Thompson on the wing.
Yeah hope Loko comes in ****en didn't need this we were going good

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can today confirm both Tim Lafai and Brett Morris will face lengthy stints on the sidelines after suffering injury in the match against the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium last Friday.

Centre Tim Lafai left the field in the first half after being tackled by Tom Burgess and Chris McQueen in the 31st minute. Scans revealed a medial ligament tear and the Campbelltown junior is now facing an 8 week stint on the sidelines.

Fullback Brett Morris is also facing a forced period out of the game after grabbing at his left hamstring in the final play of the match. The Kiama junior has had scans and is looking at 2-3 months on the sidelines.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/04/06/tim_lafai_brett_morr.html

Status
Not open for further replies.