News Tigers legend goes berserk after controversial chairman re-election

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically, I don't see the chairman appointment as being integral to the on-field performance.

This whole narrative of "it all starts at the front office" is the biggest crock of shit ever.

You don't need rocket scientists as chairman or head of football or ceo etc.

You just need someone who can appoint the right coach for that club in whatever state it is in.

It is up to Marshall to get this team off the bottom and become a finals contender. Just as it is with CC. It would s up to Gus to help CC recruit the right kind of players but ultimately it is on CC to improve us.

The chairman and board has little to do with the footy other than appoint the coaching staff.

Do you seriously hear much about the Penrith, Roosters, Broncos or Storm chairmen? No. That's because it's all to do with the coach first and foremost.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Realistically, I don't see the chairman appointment as being integral to the on-field performance.

This whole narrative of "it all starts at the front office" is the biggest crock of shit ever.

You just need someone who can appoint the right coach for that club in whatever state it is in.

It is up to Marshall to get this team off the bottom and become a finals contender. Just as it is with CC. It would s up to Gus to help CC recruit the right kind of players but ultimately it is on CC to improve us.

The chairman and board has little to do with the footy other than appoint the coaching staff.

Do you seriously hear much about the Penrith, Roosters, Broncos or Storm chairmen? No. That's because it's all to do with the coach first and foremost.
Nasheed here,
Glad you said this as it saves me doing it, I 100% agree fully.
Players and they managers just manipulate the tactic as it suits.
‘It all starts at front office’ is an excuse when player wants out or is playing badly and conveniently ignores team dynamic, coach, head of football, assistants etc.
Or is just a bullshti line the guys at NRL 360 throw up to fill content.
But if all is well and the contract is fat then the narrative is a complete 180.
‘I’m just here to play footballl and don’t pay attention to that’
‘I just focus on my job’
‘The team doesn’t see or know about that stuff’

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yes but a competent Chairman would never had backed the idea of appointing Marshall who hasn't coached a game in his life prior to the tigers appointment.

It's almost run of the mill stuff the way they fast tracked Marshall to be head coach.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

3 poor examples to choose mate. Ponissi, Fletcher and Politis are always I the news.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but a competent Chairman would never had backed the idea of appointing Marshall who hasn't coached a game in his life prior to the tigers appointment.

It's almost run of the mill stuff the way they fast tracked Marshall to be head coach.
The idea was Sheens mentors him for two years. And who else would do it for just a year?
Possibly Bennett if this was 2024 but it’s not.
Also there was going to be serious trouble getting an experienced coach, also DNA and all that. It wasn’t the worst idea, but the way it has played out has been terrible.
I think they made a mistake axing Maguire but I think 70% of the Kennel thought it was a good idea at the time and 95% would have agreed if it was doggs in this situation.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

& continuously put Robbie Farah as a leader in the club when he has has had a problem with every coach and coaching staff that has come into that team. He has even been considered as a general manager for the club to replace Sheens! At the end, Marshall will be hung out to dry just like every other coach. Their personal interests outweigh what’s right for the club and the fans

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Technically they appointed a well experienced and premiership winning coach with the view to give Marshall an apprenticeship.

Can't fault them on that.
And I can't fault them for realising it's not working and fast tracked Marshall as full head coach ahead of time. If it were us, we would have continued the downhill spiral so as not to admit an error on behalf of the board.

So on that note, I see the board and chairman as pro-active if anything.

At the end of the day, Tigers, Dragons and Dogs are all in the same boat. Shuffling deck chairs until they fluke some good results or find a player (or players) that have break through seasons and can lift the team.

It's all trial and error.

Would be interesting which of these 3 teams darts can hit the bullseye in the next 3 years.....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

You have got to be kidding!

The Tigers problems are all traceable to non football staff and board members. The proof is right there, how many coaches, assistant coaches, high performance staff and players have they tried and failed. FMD players, how many players have they lost that they should never have lost. The infighting between the Wests factions and the Tigers factions just farks with the mental and physical capacity of the coaching staff and players. It creates hell in their pathways in the SW, what is arguably the second best league development area in Sydney.

They can change coaches, players, other staff endlessly and they will still be farked until they fix their front office and piss off the factions that cause friction at every level.

The reason we don't hear much about the Penrith, Roosters, Broncos or Storm boards is because they are aligned and in sync with their club, their coach, their staff and their players. They are not bitching, back stabbing and following their own personal agenda to the detriment of their club.

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

This is one of the coldest takes on the kennel.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

All 3 lines are almost impossible to fathom..

Lee may well be a smart business man who is wheeling and dealing thru his legal connections to generate revenue, but any chariman that would support the re-appointment of Sheens as head coach to mentor Benji for 2 years has no business being involved in footy decisions..

Benji was a brilliant player but he is not even a rookie coach, he is a never coached thrown into the deepest end of the pool. The Tigers thru Hagipantelis have made some of the strangest calls ever of late like appointion Scott Fulton without any discussion with the coaches. 2 wooden spoons and will probably be faves for a third in 24 says the front office is completely fucked, and I hope it stays that way.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
AFAIK the Tigers wouldn't be able to field a team except that Wests Ashfield injects so much. Look at the old club on Victoria Rd.....WTF happened there ?

Another great board move IDK or if theres something more iffy.

Then remember they had Cleary and what was the issue there they didn't want to sign Nathan or something ? Great move.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a controversial opinion but I don’t actually think Pascoe and Lee H are bad at all.
I think they get a bad rap because they both look like shifty greasy wogs, which is just optics.
Pascoe apparently has a good track record of obtaining and maintaining corporate sponsorship. This came from the horses mouth. The tigers forum.
So he’s doing his job good.
Lee, despite looking like a Greek sweaty version of Bautista, has a razor sharp intellect and is clearly doing all he can to turn everything around.
I do believe tigers made grave mistakes in the 2017 era but they are doing the right things. But in the modern game it’s hard to lift yourself from the cellar once u there. As we know ourselves.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

This post is some of the Dumbest shit I have read on TK, that takes some serious effort, well done champ.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post is some of the Dumbest shit I have read on TK, that takes some serious effort, well done champ.
Why?
You honestly think a change in chairman will have any bearing on the Tigers improving?

You must believe the tooth fairy is also real.....

Wake up my friend. ...
It's the coach and players and no one else.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why?
You honestly think a change in chairman will have any bearing on the Tigers improving?

You must believe the tooth fairy is also real.....

Wake up my friend. ...
It's the coach and players and no one else.
Ok.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going along with Elias for a bit…then he retold the story where he bit his own hand and got Mario sent off. And said it with no remorse. He cheated.
Mario comes across as a decent fella. Ben Elias…never. May Balmain always retain the spoon! That was disgraceful.
Making out someone is a biter is poor form .

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was going along with Elias for a bit…then he retold the story where he bit his own hand and got Mario sent off. And said it with no remorse. He cheated.
Mario comes across as a decent fella. Ben Elias…never. May Balmain always retain the spoon! That was disgraceful.
Making out someone is a biter is poor form .
A leb doing dodgy stuff?
No way