Tigers keen to bring Mbye in this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After signing him to a four-year deal, the Wests Tigers are trying to lure Mbye over this season.

The Wests Tigers would like to bring fullback Moses Mbye over this season, after he signed a four-year deal with the club which is set to start in 2019.

Tigers officials would like to see the 24-year old in their colours before the June 30 deadline for players transfers, so much so that coach Ivan Cleary visited his new recruit to try and convince him to.

After being selected to the Maroons squad, Mbye’s focus is currently on the Origin series, but Tigers skipper Chris Lawrence said it would not deter the club from trying to get him on board for their 2019 NRL campaign.

“A few weeks are a long time in footy but if we were able to secure a quality player earlier than expected, that is only a positive for our season this year,” Lawrence told The Daily Telegraph.

“He is a quality player that will add to our roster and only lift our training standards and provide more competition for spots, which is going to improve our performance. I’m very excited for the club to sign a player of Moses’ calibre.

https://www.zerotackle.com/tigers-keen-to-bring-mbye-in-this-season-33582/

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If they were to take him early would we have to still contribute to his salary for the next 2 years or?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take him now tigers. Btw give us 200-300k for him for the rest of the season. In turn we should use that to front load contracts.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't care if Mbye leaves this month at all. To be honest I'd probably be quite happy about it. I think the joy that he takes in talking himself up has long since turned me off him. But the club needs to haggle to ensure we're going to be better off next year if we let him go early. If he goes this year I'd want to ensure that the club isn't really paying anything for him to play elsewhere, or that we pick up a junior that the Tigers would prefer to keep at the club. Either option would be a win for the club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

“He is a quality player that will add to our roster and only lift our training standards and provide more competition for spots, which is going to improve our performance. I’m very excited for the club to sign a player of Moses’ calibre"

buhahahahahahaahhahaah

buhahahhahhahaahhahahahahhahahhah

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he leaves can Montoya be our rep who goes on the Fox Sports League shows?

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
let him go now, i like Moses i think he will become a really decent footballer but if he's hearts not in it release him and blood someone else

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

“He is a quality player that will add to our roster and only lift our training standards and provide more competition for spots, which is going to improve our performance. I’m very excited for the club to sign a player of Moses’ calibre"

buhahahahahahaahhahaah

So let's break the quotes down by Cleary and here are my responses..

"Quality player"- he has never reached his potential.

"Lift our training standards" - Mbye can't kick and can't organise a team so the standards will be lowered as he has never improved his skills.

"More Competition for Spots" - Tried at halfback and failed. Tried at hooker and failed. Tried at fullback and is average. Which spot is he competing for because I don't see potential there but just a spot filler? Oh, I forgot Centre. But he got that mixed up with centre of attention in the media.

"Going to improve our performances" - His performances contributed to the Bulldogs failures over the past few years.

"Excited... to sign a player of Moses' calibre" - So are we. Thank you for taking him. Now on the bus you go Moses.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

"Lift our training standards" - Mbye can't kick and can't organise a team so the standards will be lowered as he has never improved his skills.

"More Competition for Spots" - Tried at halfback and failed. Tried at hooker and failed. Tried at fullback and is average. Which spot is he competing for because I don't see potential there but just a spot filler?

"Going to improve our performances" - His performances contributed to the Bulldogs failures over the past few years.

"Excited... to sign a player of Moses' calibre" - So are we. Thank you for taking him. Now on the bus you go Moses.
Mmm so Cleary, who most on here want to be our coach is happy to pay $750k+ a year for a bloke who has bugger all ability apparently. Either he has no idea or.......

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take full freight if you want him now. Also say that you’ll take woodsy.

We have them by the balls... they think that mbye will help with their finals campaign.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

buhahahahahahaahhahaah

Next JT :p

He’s orright. Better than you admit... unlike our other overpriced players, he did draw an offer. We won’t find a buyer for Foran....

Anyway, if we can negotiate ourselves into a better position and get some advantage by releasing him this year, I’m all for it.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

"More Competition for Spots" - Tried at halfback and failed. Tried at hooker and failed. Tried at fullback and is average. Which spot is he competing for because I don't see potential there but just a spot filler? Oh, I forgot Centre. But he got that mixed up with centre of attention in the media.

Those quotes are from Rowdy not Cleary....

Status
Not open for further replies.