Tigers circling Hoppa. What if it happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The grand final is on a Sunday. If he wants to make the exemption for that then why not the rest of the year. I wouldn't have a job if I told my boss I can't work Monday because of my religion but still expect to be paid

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A pop gun! Hoppa is three times the FB that Lolohea will ever be. He can't even get a spot in a Warriors side that has been getting flogged for years. Hoppa despite some of the comments on here has been one of our most consistent and strong performers for the past 18 months. The kid can play and is demonstrating it.
Not comparing the 2.. but Lolohea is a special talent and has shown it at NRL level.. the only reason hes not in Warriors side is they have gun players with RTS Johnson Foran already..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not comparing the 2.. but Lolohea is a special talent and has shown it at NRL level.. the only reason hes not in Warriors side is they have gun players with RTS Johnson Foran already..
I think there is more to it than that. I don't think he puts in at training, he is short and he doesn't want to play the positions the Warriors put him in. It's all good and well to have Haynes ego but he is nowhere near him in ability. Pass. In fact if and when we get Foran I think Mbye is the next go to guy if we don't keep Hoppa.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Please and thank you. #ourhoppanow

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Article has just popped up on the DT website where Lolohea sees himself as a half or 5/8. That was what I remember reading about him not wanting to play FB when TVS was out last year. So even if he is available he isn't a good option for FB.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, we have to stop hitting the panic button on hypotheticals and confirmed player movements.

Only 16 fullbacks can play NRL and I can assure you there's more than that going around..so chillax!!

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate Hopoate has played 2 good games in 2 years u honestly think he's worth d sort of money d tigers are throwing at him, they are desperate for players let them have him,I would rather they try to keep Frawley &a Elliot both young talented and they play on Sundays
His been our best player for 2 yrs.

Hearing graham is in newcastle next year

Foran is staying in nz

Relying on cronk and poss dugan

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as we offer a fair contract he should stay and repay the dogs for allowing him the "Sundays off" clause

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have Abbey... HAHAHAHAHAHA

You would hope we have a contingency plan if he does leave... Besides Dugan and Hayne, only other player of note i can think of is Lolohea from the Warriors...
Forget Hayne he is so up himself he may play Sundays but won't train ask the gold coast. Thinks he is bigger than the game.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's about time the Tigers got a Hopoate that doesn't stick his fingers in other peoples arses.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Relax, we signed Woods.... oh wait

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good coach will get d best from an ordinary player,Craig Bellamy at d storm will get d best from Hopoate,apart from d amount of forwards who we seem to constantly bring to d club, can someone name me any backs who have improved under des,mate u can buy players,but unfortunately we need a coach with brains,and tell me when was d last time u saw Klemmer Tolman graham etc pass d ball,

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A pop gun! Hoppa is three times the FB that Lolohea will ever be. He can't even get a spot in a Warriors side that has been getting flogged for years. Hoppa despite some of the comments on here has been one of our most consistent and strong performers for the past 18 months. The kid can play and is demonstrating it.

Your right, but remember we have had one of the worst backlines compared to other clubs over the last few years so it's not hard to make our starting side.

Just ask Mitch brown or Jonothon wright

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A good coach will get d best from an ordinary player,Craig Bellamy at d storm will get d best from Hopoate,apart from d amount of forwards who we seem to constantly bring to d club, can someone name me any backs who have improved under des,mate u can buy players,but unfortunately we need a coach with brains,and tell me when was d last time u saw Klemmer Tolman graham etc pass d ball,
Dddunno

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Tigers are just pissed off that we signed Woods. they are signing Doggies as a revenge. Only problem for them is that they have to pay overs to get them!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what happens if a Saturday night game gets held up so much it goes into a Sunday
Does he walk off ?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we get some transparency regarding Hoppa and if he's still having Sunday's off in 2017?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck there are some brain dead comments on this thread!!!

For a start Hoppa's 3 games at fullback this season have been excellent.

Last season he was good at fullback being thrown into the position without a preseason training for fullback.

Is he even negotiating with Canterbury for next season? My understanding is he's not.
There may even be a request for a pre 30 June release if he agrees to terms with another club.

Also the no Sundays thing.
Are we paying him $150k because he isn't playing Sundays. Or is he not playing Sunday's because we are only paying $150k?

Apparently he donates a lot of money to his faith.
Maybe if a club offers him $850k he may agree to play Sundays and he can donate more.

Status
Not open for further replies.