Tigers and the Bulldogs are leading the chase for Josh Addo-Carr

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But that's simply not true as you can read my previous comments stating I'm more then happy for DWZ to be fullback next season and possibly even the year after. I like Meaney, but I know what's best for the team and right now it's DWZ at fullback. Fact is people be getting uptight at anyone who questions DWZ, plain and simple he's an effort player.
Yes, but you felt implicated which proves an element of guilt.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes, but you felt implicated which proves an element of guilt.
Haha guilt wake up to yourself man. My posts clearing indicate I like both players. Apparently it's a crime to question someone's favourite though haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
:dizzy::dizzy::fearscream::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: That is "GOLD" LOL

And yes...
Well it's one of the areas I think he can improve, it's also an area that could potentially be key moving forward. You could play dull footy yet see yourself multiple tries up of you execute it well, we also have someone like CHN who could also be a good target closer infield rather than aiming towards the sideline.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Latrell isnt lazy... what do you base that on...? He is a gun...
depends on the rest of the squad.. remember that Latrell is mad lazy, and JAC might not be as effective outside of the Storm system

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And you do? He's arguably the best winger in the game, young and has multiple clubs chasing him..him ending up the highest paid winger in the game is far more likely than not. But hey go right ahead and spend far more on winger than we actually need to to make up for shit ***** like Lewis.
Agreed. I think we all need to think about this. Would be a handy pickup without doubt but he'll be no short of clubs chasing him bumping up the $$$.

I've got to agree that it's best for us to spend that money on a position in the spine as we're still not certain in any place. Fullback is the most certain but as you say ... not guaranteed yet. Halves are completely up in the air. Hooker the same.

Throwing a shedload of money at a winger may not be the best option atm. Would be a handy pickup but we need to be smart with who we spend money on

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs are the other club actively chasing former Tiger Addo-Carr, but it is highly unlikely the Storm would accept either young gun Jayden Okunbor or Reimis Smith in return."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...2020-release-report/rrgjitw0vj5m141c2wuwpe5zl
It's hard to see a scenario where JAC fits in at Belmore.
He's a great player but similar to the Mitchell situation - at what price?
What other bargaining chips do we have? Not many - at least for 2020.
In some ways Bondi looks obvious (as usual) but Concord is probably his best fit to get back to Sydney. Tigers have the money allegedly, just not the cattle for any swap and I doubt the NRL is in a mood for salary cap relief due to a player being homesick.
A tricky one...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think meany/okunbor will have great years and surprise alot on here ,meany finished the year really well ,it does surprise me we arent going for lattrell hes the type of player we need

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You scratch your head don't you?
2 x marquees in mitchell and carr and we do nothing other than come up with excuses as to why we should not sign them.
Between them they could amass hundreds of points for our struggling attack based on individual brilliance alone.
As trump would say " the do nothing bulldogs board"

I think meany/okunbor will have great years and surprise alot on here ,meany finished the year really well ,it does surprise me we arent going for lattrell hes the type of player we need

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
2 x marquees in mitchell and carr and we do nothing other than come up with excuses as to why we should not sign them.
Between them they could amass hundreds of points for our struggling attack based on individual brilliance alone.
Hard to know the truth @Teddybear.
Mitchell was a target and JAC presented as an opportunity - both for 2021. Then Mitchell cut loose by the Chooks and JAC became a 2020 opportunity. Don’t think we have adequate stocks in the armoury for 2020 and Mitchell talks obviously broke down somewhere, as they have with all clubs so far. JAC potentially still in play but I don’t see what we have to offer the Storm for JAC that would satisfy. Do nothing is a bit harsh I think - a lot beyond our control.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You seriously still want Mitchell after all the drama he has created? The club have spoken to both players so I’m not sure where your getting your incorrect info from or is this just an excuse to have a shot at our board?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs are the other club actively chasing former Tiger Addo-Carr, but it is highly unlikely the Storm would accept either young gun Jayden Okunbor or Reimis Smith in return."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...2020-release-report/rrgjitw0vj5m141c2wuwpe5zl
I really dont see a whole lot of value in signing JAC at the expense of Reimis or JOK. Is he a better player then both? Yes. But for the price tag and the loss of one of our best current layers, or an up and coming JOK, I just couldn't justify it.
If JOK can improve the parts of his game that were lacking last season, he could become a real weapon!! Reimis is already showing very good signs, and showed some real class during certain games last season, like when he turned Feldt inside out twice in one try scoring play.
People criticize JOK all day, but watching him run over Cam Smith twice in one game this season gave me more pleasure then anything else our team did all year. So if he can take his game to the next level, he will become a real cult player next year!!!
JAC is a great finisher and has speed to burn, but he doesnt create much. He doesnt trample people coming out of his end, and then run length of the field like say Sivo. So personally, while I think he would be great to have in our team, I dont think he is really necessary.
LM would be perfect, positon wise, but really dont like the way he has gone about his business in regards to his contract. When 3 clubs, including the one he is currently contracted to, withdraw their offers, then there is definitely something up! And this is obviously something pretty significant. I cant claim to have any idea what the problem is, but I trust our clubs judgement in making this decision to withdraw their offer.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate listen, there are people watching this situation closely, and if things don't improve both recruitment wise and sponsorship wise do not be surprised for calls of an EGM mid next year.
Particularly if we are near the bottom of the ladder.
You seriously still want Mitchell after all the drama he has created? The club have spoken to both players so I’m not sure where your getting your incorrect info from or is this just an excuse to have a shot at our board?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really dont see a whole lot of value in signing JAC at the expense of Reimis or JOK. Is he a better player then both? Yes. But for the price tag and the loss of one of our best current layers, or an up and coming JOK, I just couldn't justify it.
If JOK can improve the parts of his game that were lacking last season, he could become a real weapon!! Reimis is already showing very good signs, and showed some real class during certain games last season, like when he turned Feldt inside out twice in one try scoring play.
People criticize JOK all day, but watching him run over Cam Smith twice in one game this season gave me more pleasure then anything else our team did all year. So if he can take his game to the next level, he will become a real cult player next year!!!

JAC is a great finisher and has speed to burn, but he doesnt create much. He doesnt trample people coming out of his end, and then run length of the field like say Sivo. So personally, while I think he would be great to have in our team, I dont think he is really necessary.
LM would be perfect, positon wise, but really dont like the way he has gone about his business in regards to his contract. When 3 clubs, including the one he is currently contracted to, withdraw their offers, then there is definitely something up! And this is obviously something pretty significant. I cant claim to have any idea what the problem is, but I trust our clubs judgement in making this decision to withdraw their offer.
Very well explained post and 100% agree.

Can't just buy for the sake of buying. Need to buy the right players. If they're not then it's best to put our faith in some of the youngsters coming through.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well buddy your wrong, if we had him last year he would have turned half chances into trys and soaring us into the top8.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate listen, there are people watching this situation closely, and if things don't improve both recruitment wise and sponsorship wise do not be surprised for calls of an EGM mid next year.
Oh stfu teddy. Enjoy Christmas day ffs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well buddy your wrong, if we had him last year he would have turned half chances into trys and soaring us into the top8.
This is the sort of positive talk we need around here :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I won’t hold my breath mate. I’ve heard it all before and where were these people when Dib & Castle were fucking the place?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carnt talk about the past mate, only what I heard a couple of days ago..
Well in all honesty, if you fast forward 6 months, we have recruited no marquees or major sponsor and we are coming 15th or 16th, this place the kennel will be in absolute meltdown!!
I won’t hold my breath mate. I’ve heard it all before and where were these people when Dib & Castle were fucking the place?