Reaction score
there's gotta be someone better then greg bird

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Brett Morris, Semi,Vatuvei were better. In the modern era.
Nah can't agree with that. Wendell was an arrogant dickhead but he was a bloody good player. Morris would be closest to him out of that lot, but Radradra and Manu? Lol

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
His team was:

01. Matt Bowen
02. Matt Sing
03. Greg Inglis
04. Justin Hodges
05. Wendell Sailor
06. Laurie Daley
07. Cliff Lyons
08. Arthur Beetson
09. Preston Campbell
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Gorden Tallis
12. Greg Bird
13. Wade Graham

Preston Campbell at 9 is laughable.

My team based on players I've seen play plus Arthur Beetson who is an immortal:

01. Greg Inglis
02. Wendell Sailor
03. Justin Hodges
04. Steve Renouf
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Laurie Daley
07. Johnathan Thurston
08. Arthur Beetson
09. Mal Cochrane
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Gorden Tallis
12. David Fifita
13. Greg Bird

14. Cliff Lyons
15. Wade Graham
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Sam Backo
Presto played a fair few games at hooker from memory didn't he? He would be in my side well ahead of Cochrane. Surely there has been a better permanent hooker that has played than Cochrane? Granted it is hard to remember too many.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
btw mal meninga should be included in everyones team, certainly ahead of hodges

edit: wtf meninga is not aboriginal, i have been going through my life assuming he was, this is like finding out santa claus isnt white
I wouldn't have chosen him anyway. I watched from the grandstands at Seiffert Oval & then Bruce Stadium for most of his career. He had some food games, but mostly he did a lot of bludging & only was really good in spurts. If someone needled him he would lift but he needed some motivation.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I wouldn't have chosen him anyway. I watched from the grandstands at Seiffert Oval & then Bruce Stadium for most of his career. He had some food games, but mostly he did a lot of bludging & only was really good in spurts. If someone needled him he would lift but he needed some motivation.
Always thought Meninga was massively overrated to be honest.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always thought Meninga was massively overrated to be honest.
I think he DID add value that players looked across the room in the dressing room & gained confidence knowing he is there to say knock the opposition 5/8 into Disney land.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I think he DID add value that players looked across the room in the dressing room & gained confidence knowing he is there to say knock the opposition 5/8 into Disney land.
Always thought for his size he was a bit of a cat. Never mixed it up in the middle of the field with the hard blokes, preferred to hang on the edges. Without a doubt he was effective out wide though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I also remember Mal for his goalpost arm wrap. Joke it was allowed really :grinning:20210529_134510.jpg

Last edited:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the Man Mundine, The Peach and Chicka Ferguson

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chicka was REALLY top class - the Addo-Carr of the 80s. He also had longevity in him as well AND he was a heavy smoker. It was legendary that he was really 5 years or so older than what he let on; but who cares? HE was performing!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Mundine had as many bad games as good from memory. Peachey was all class.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Presto played a fair few games at hooker from memory didn't he? He would be in my side well ahead of Cochrane. Surely there has been a better permanent hooker that has played than Cochrane? Granted it is hard to remember too many.
Pretty sure he has never started a game at 9. Cochrane was a good player and got named in the greatest ever Indigenous Team.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ben barba running sideways - put hodgo on wing and put the black pearl at centre three quarter

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Pretty sure he has never started a game at 9. Cochrane was a good player and got named in the greatest ever Indigenous Team.
Mal Cochrane was run of the mill. There definitely isn't a lot of Indigenous hookers to choose from, looking on the NRL site a lot of ex-players had Nathan Peats as their best Indigenous hooker. Fuck me dead, he was a glorified reserve-grader in reality. Never knew the stocks were so bare in that department.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah can't agree with that. Wendell was an arrogant dickhead but he was a bloody good player. Morris would be closest to him out of that lot, but Radradra and Manu? Lol
Many was a 110 kilo bears who supposedly could run the hundred in 11 flat or something. Try scoring machine that could’ve be stopped.
Semi was the best winger the game ever saw