Thoughts ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is f..king useless. Has to go ASAP. I'd swap him for Burton's 3rd understudy. We need a big body metre eater badly. Napa stops like he got shot as soon as he meets the defence. It's amazing he has no leg drive for someone his size. Has he ever done a squat in the gym I wonder f..king pussy. We need to target James Fisher-Harris big time for 2023. I had big hopes for Atoni and Ogden this season but from game 1 they just aren't strong enough. Think we should bring in Ava Seumanufagai for next week. Maybe there's some other ex NRL big boppers playing in the UK we can recruit cheap. Anyone big who runs hard would be better than what we have.

Averillo was a big disappointment. Showed nothing really besides a good kick or 2. Unfortunately we have no better options. Not going back to Wakeham or Lewis again.

Elliott was pretty good. Waddell is very average. Poor judgement by Barrett there. Looks like he's going to be another Stimson / Britt

Hopa just a waste of space again like usual. Waste of a tackle whenever he runs the ball. He's the Tolman of our backline. Never dangerous. You know 100% whenever he has the ball we're not going to bust a tackle or make a line break. Plus he's f..king hopeless in defence

Flanagan was okay.

Besides the knock-on DWZ was better than usual.

We're just too weak physically in attack and defence. The only players who actually seem strong are Elliott, Cotric and RFM. Need to replace Hopa with Schoupp. He knows how to squat big time. Huge leg muscles.

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We still need quite a few players to be competitive. We have to hope Okunbur comes good for one wing, Meaney isn't first grade srandard. Hopefully Avo isn't going to end up one of those hyped up players who doesn't do anything. Forwards are an issue, only Elliot made more than 100m. I only got to see the first 60 minutes but Katoa's passing looked better than last year, still not a long term option thought.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa useless
Meaney cat
Cotric needs work or should be on the other side of field?
Happy with the new cattle giving us something better to watch.
Reassessing we had alot of new faces, it was round 1 and wet. If we play like this after rd 4 or 5 ill be worried.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I didn't want to sign the fraud when we did and I still don't want that soft piece of shit in our colours....

Even in my condition, that ranga cat would be the only nrlol player I'd run at with no fear.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of deadwood still. Some good signs. Cotric was great after a shit start. Flanagan was good. Really hope we can get Burton this year. Hoopa looks cooked. Ogden and Napa can fuck off. Can't wait for Thompson to get back. I wanna like Meaney but he's too small and soft.

Overall, next year will be much better.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Half a team still needs to be shown the door. Basically the entire team from Des and Pay (except Cotric) needs to go!

Cotric centre is a fail, back to the wing son.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Negatives

1. Meaney - sadly isn’t up to first grade, too soft. Hopefully Okunbor returns quickly.
2. DWZ -Hopefully this is DWZs last season for us. He is a really dumb player and his obligatory 3 errors a game kill us. Thank God the fox is signed for next year.
3. Avarillo - can go back playing touch footy. He is soft and timid. Burton to take his spot
4. Hoppa - too slow ans his money can buy another gun centre
5. Ogden and Atoni are depth props and should be on minimum wage.
6. Napa’s money will bring us a top quality prop
7. RFM is not a first grader

The positives
1. We finally have a halfback, Flanagan will do the job behind a good pack
2. Hetherington looks like a quality player who will be even better with some help
3. We finally look dangerous in the opposition 20

Too many errors today, and unfortunately we don’t have the cattle this year but an improvement on last years one dimensional game play.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Negatives, defence shite, forwards bullied, horrible set completion rate. Disappointed with Allan, didnt do enough and made some simple errors. Katoa nowhere near good enough at 9 , we literally have the woest 9 selection in the NRL and its such a big position, we NEED a top 9 or even next year when we bring more class in, we ll still fall short! Averillo disappointing but again it looks like hes been forced in to play and hes not fully fit, he ll get better. Hopoate just doesn't give us any attacking spark, way too slow. Waddell looks lightweight, Napa still so average which is criminal considering how much we pay him, sooner he goes the better. I expect a big season from RFM but he didnt do anything which disappointed me. Atoni and Ogden really dissapointing, Ogden got a big chance to start and impress and looked so average. My big concern is our fixtures, I really dont want the confidence being smashed our of this side before we play some of the teams we can actually beat. Really tough game coming up next, we need to beat Brisbane round 3.

Positives- Flannagan, all 3 assists, Cotric looks dangerous and breaks tackles most times, I know people are slagging him off but other than 1 error I thought Dwz looked good, he runs for so many more metres than Meaney, Meaney is just too lightweight. Our attack looked better I thought, still tons of work but if we can sort that defence, we can score some points for sure. Elliot tried his best, love him or hate him, he gives his all, hes certainly not our biggest issue. I think Hetherington started well, unsure why he was taken off for so long??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Napa and Hoppa Fucking useless. Hoppa was responsible for so many try’s in terrible reads.

Thank fuck both off contract.

Plus side Flanagan was good. Him and burton surely are a bright
Future.

Need a hooker urgently.

Cotric and Jac will be strike.

Hetho could be good with Thompson starting. Ogden showed something. Elliott had a dig.

Meaney and fucking Hoppa and Dwz all Can go with Napa and the endless duds like jmk Lewis Katoa britt Stimson on overs.

Get b Smith and Fucking staggs. Said it 583958825 times.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Napa is f..king useless. Has to go ASAP. Need to replace him with a metre eater ASAP. We need to target James Fisher-Harris big time for 2023. I had big hopes for Atoni and Ogden this season but from game 1 they just aren't strong enough. Think we should bring in Ava Seumanufagai for next week.

Averillo was a big disappointment. Showed nothing really besides a good kick or 2. Unfortunately we have no better options. Not going back to Wakeham or Lewis again.

Elliott was pretty good. Waddell is very average. Poor judgement by Barrett there. Looks like he's going to be another Stimson / Britt

Hopa just a waste of space again like usual. Waste of a tackle whenever he runs the ball like Tolman of our backline. Never dangerous.

Flanagan was okay.

Besides the knock-on DWZ was better than usual.
Atoni is good. Look to what he did for us as middle off the bench at the end of 2019. Sign an elite prop to start alongside Thompson and have Hetherington and Atoni off the bench. Barrett may have jumped the gun on Allen, because if Averillo is to be in the 17 he needs to be hidden at fullback as he can't defend for shit

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We still need quite a few players to be competitive. We have to hope Okunbur comes good for one wing, Meaney isn't first grade srandard. Hopefully Avo isn't going to end up one of those hyped up players who doesn't do anything. Forwards are an issue, only Elliot made more than 100m. I only got to see the first 60 minutes but Katoa's passing looked better than last year, still not a long term option thought.
according to NRL.com

Allan 108 metres
Hopoate 121
Cotric 163
DWZ 144
Ogden 124
Elliott 124

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Negatives

1. Meaney - sadly isn’t up to first grade, too soft. Hopefully Okunbor returns quickly.
2. DWZ -Hopefully this is DWZs last season for us. He is a really dumb player and his obligatory 3 errors a game kill us. Thank God the fox is signed for next year.
3. Avarillo - can go back playing touch footy. He is soft and timid. Burton to take his spot
4. Hoppa - too slow ans his money can buy another gun centre
5. Ogden and Atoni are depth props and should be on minimum wage.
6. Napa’s money will bring us a top quality prop
7. RFM is not a first grader

The positives
1. We finally have a halfback, Flanagan will do the job behind a good pack
2. Hetherington looks like a quality player who will be even better with some help
3. We finally look dangerous in the opposition 20

Too many errors today, and unfortunately we don’t have the cattle this year but an improvement on last years one dimensional game play.
I was with you for everything bar RFM. He was our best player in 2020.