Thoughts on the Jackson lifting tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually I think Jackson will get 6 weeks for not dropping him on his head cleanly enough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Two in the tackle, nobody deliberately tries to spear anybody, should walk.
Not many players try to perform illegal tackles but it still happens and as such should get charged. It is far to risky to lift players anymore.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be astounded if he gets only a week, remember guys he wears a bulldog Jersey. I think anything less than 4 is ok. It was a dangerous tackle and the mrp set a precedent with Greg bird and junior Paulo from parra. They got 7 and 9 weeks

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Great tackle, well it used to be. Eastwood had a more significant role. All in all Eastwoods push on Wallace was outstanding

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Not many players try to perform illegal tackles but it still happens and as such should get charged. It is far to risky to lift players anymore.
Too risky to play hard? The game is getting soft, or flacid. Lame.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It all comes down to this political correctness due to duty of care, lawsuits and you guessed it Money.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If the bulldogs depend on uncompromising and tough football you could come to realize that it is the NRL that are trying to curb these methods

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm going with a grade 2, it didn't look good. If he get's a grade 1 he will be right to play Origin but miss the Storm game

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actually I think Jackson will get 6 weeks for not dropping him on his head cleanly enough.
You reckon, when Jamie Soward is involved, it should be 1 week for every degree out of plumb and 1 week off for every cm that you bury his f@cking face !

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If you re-watch the tackle, Jackson doesn't actually lift him off the ground. It's around the time that Segeyaro touches Soward that his feet actually come off the ground. Although I accept it may actually be Eastwood's involvement that led to Sowards feet coming off the ground.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you re-watch the tackle, Jackson doesn't actually lift him off the ground. It's around the time that Segeyaro touches Soward that his feet actually come off the ground. Although I accept it may actually be Eastwood's involvement that led to Sowards feet coming off the ground.
This

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Great tackle, well it used to be. Eastwood had a more significant role. All in all Eastwoods push on Wallace was outstanding
That's the main reason I hate the nrl, turned it into a soft cock game. Soccer is rougher ffs lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You reckon, when Jamie Soward is involved, it should be 1 week for every degree out of plumb and 1 week off for every cm that you bury his f@cking face !
I love you Billy lol

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It was an unfortunate incident,
Unfortunately for Jackson, I'd say he will be charged,
I watched Des post match media conference, and he basically said what I was also thinking,

Des is hoping for a grade 1 ruling,

What does that equate to in terms of a punishment?
Pretty sure a grade 1 with an early guilty plea would be less than a week, but he has some carry over points. If he had 67 at the end of the year, I think you lose 5 per game... so he would still have some.

So he will be gone for at least one week, hopefully not more than 2.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Carry over points should be gone but he will have loading for what he got charged with at the end of last year so he will miss a week

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
LOL! Can't stand that piece of sh1t soward. Pretty sure he was dropped on his head when he was born tbh.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure a grade 1 with an early guilty plea would be less than a week, but he has some carry over points. If he had 67 at the end of the year, I think you lose 5 per game... so he would still have some.

So he will be gone for at least one week, hopefully not more than 2.

I think jj has worked off his carry over points accrued from the manly semi final last year. 2 more finals after that +12 games he played prior to round 15 this year means That at 5 per game he should have no carry overs at this point. I think it will be a grade one for jj and no case to answer for Eastwood.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Grade 2 for Jackson and a Grade 1 for Eastwood confirmed by NRL media guy on Twitter

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That weak as piss con job soward doesnt help when he carries on like he was being mauled by a shark. Seriously nothing should be done to Jackson it was a great tackle until others got involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.