News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we should be happy about this, if we were to extend him it'd be for too much money. Even at half his current contract he's a massive gamble. I think it's best for him to go to a top team to try and rejuvenate his career because he's a finished player here. Even if he goes on to be decent (unlikely) he wouldn't of been able to achieve that here.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This blokes a tosser, 42 games in 4yrs and the way I’m interpreting it, “I’ll play for the Roosters for less” or “play for Canterbury at market value” - awesome way to repay the club that set you up financially with no return on investment

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Firstly as if Rugby Australia would want Crichton after his issues this year. Has come good though last few weeks. Secondly Reed has about as much insight as Chammas....0.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
These articles have been coming out for quite some time about him moving to the Roosters, yet it hasn't happened. I get why he would go their for a year, stronger team, reset your value if you look good. Obviously Roosters offer is quite low though and I'm sure someone like the Dragons are making offers that might be interesting enough to make you reconsider.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This blokes a tosser, 42 games in 4yrs and the way I’m interpreting it, “I’ll play for the Roosters for less” or “play for Canterbury at market value”
this clowns market value is only just above minimum wage anyway. Good riddance to this embarrassing signing. **** only played a handful of good games in the 42 game stint. Biggest turnstile in the NRL, no post contact meters and robbed us blind for four years.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He hasn’t been here for 4 seasons lol