1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Social Media Thompson coming early??

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by Dog4life77, May 10, 2020.

1. Dog4life77

Dog4life77 Kennel Participant

Just read on social media that Thompson has contacted Andrew Hill about a possible early arrival..
    Could even be when the Australian borders open up again..
    Can anyone verify this story or have any more info on it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  2. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Daustin

Daustin Kennel Enthusiast

Sounds like it’s for next year still just earlier in the pre season

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

Get him here next week if possible

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Kennel Immortal Gilded

Borders will unlikely open again for another few months.

Unless he can somehow get an Aussie passport and score a repatriation flight...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Addict

It looks as though no professional sport will be played in the UK this year, so maybe he would happily come and play for us on min wage until our season ends. That would be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Baby Blues

Baby Blues Kennel Enthusiast

Why min wage? Do CHN & JO get paid in full and/or count to our cap this year?

8. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes except we won’t have to pay minimum we have room

9. flamebouyant

We have room to pay more, but he is without a job currently, and in need of a club/team environment. It's just wishful thinking. I'm not expecting it to be the case.

10. flamebouyant

We do, but we may not need to pay it. Although the NRL would no doubt claim we have to pay market value for him. By what's that worth in this current state?

11. Dannyboi88

Dannyboi88 Kennel Regular

You watch with the nrl one of the first pro sports up and running and players getting paid there will be it of interest from other codes players for sure to get a pay check and with us having 2 positions open Andrew hill might receive a few calls

12. Scoooby

Scoooby Kennel Immortal Gilded Premium Member

Would be a very welcomed positive to what’s been going on lately, let’s hope he comes in an takes less for an early arrival for the remainder of this year...!! Would be some well needed excitement.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alan79

Alan79 Kennel Immortal

Only read the title, but premature ejaculation is more of an issue for the partner of the bloke with the problem. I hope Thompson knows there are tablets he can take for such issues.

Jokes aside. England is not dealing with Covid 19 as well as we are, so perhaps we could arrange to get him here for this season. I'm sure that with a test for the virus at each end of the trip the government 'could' make an exception on the travel ban. Not sure if they would or not for one player, but they're letting the Warriors players into the country again. It'd be up to his current club to give him the ok to walk away from his contract though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nasheed

Nasheed Kennel Enthusiast

Nasheed here,
    Thought I would chime in just to deliver a dose of reality. I am a very well respected member of this forum and have spent two years building my credibility here, so you can rest assured my words are like weapons and carry punch.

the reality is Thommo probably does want to come to Australia early. It's his future, and everyone in England has Covid 19. Big chance he has had it himself. So if anyone suggests that Thommo does want to play in the NRL early, the most likely answer is yes.

that's not the issue though.

it's our border. We are corona free as of May because of our borders. We aare finally starting to keep the third world out of our shores, but this also includes Europe and ESPECIALLY the UK, who as mentioned, are struggling with the virus.

the short of it is Thompson can't come legally. And because of his profile, he can't slip Mohammed 2 grand and come via boat in the NT like the rest of them. Questions will be asked the moment he rocks up in the jumper. He needs to do this legally. He can't.

Because of the UKs issues, I simply cannot see Australia opening the border at all apart from safer countries like NZ this year, let alone a problem area.

I'd be amazed if they opened it to Europe at all and would be absolutely shocked if we let the UK in.

he needs to prove himself to be Australian via quarantine. Doubt that can happen.

I can't see a situation where he comes in on a work permit from abroad and they bend the rules for him.

The only 1% hope is certain professions are considered exempt (such as virus doctors) and somehow nrl players and sporting stars are included in this.

The fact It was pre arranged would help, but we are t taking foreigners atm.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Baby Blues

Baby Blues Kennel Enthusiast

Are you a comedian?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. EB18

EB18 Kennel Enthusiast

Yes he is. And his a very good one. I just miss his Holland profile pic.

17. Nasheed

Nasheed Kennel Enthusiast

I actually do as well. Any idea how to get it back!?
    The challenge is I never actually did it in the first place. Invisible tinkered with my account and uploaded it. But I liked it.

18. youoboys

youoboys Kennel Regular

Bulldogs fan here: that’s what his mrs said......

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. EB18

EB18 Kennel Enthusiast

Hahaha. Sounds like what my Mrs says. The coming early bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. KLil

KLil Kennel Immortal

Da fuq