Thomas McGrady to take next step with Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
HOLDEN CUP: South Grafton Rebels have been dealt a bittersweet blow on the eve of the 2016 preseason.
It has been confirmed that grand final winger Thomas McGrady will aim to play in the Under-20s Holden Cup for Canterbury Bulldogs.
The instinctive and enigmatic teenager participated in South Sydney Rabbitohs development squads in 2015 and it was understood several NRL clubs were interested in his signature.

Gordon said McGrady told him of the move when he called to wish his son a happy birthday.
“It’s a big loss for us, but good for Tom,” Gordon said.
“And what we want to achieve as a footy club is to get our boys recognised.
“The three Queensland teams were also interested in him.
“His cousin Lindon McGrady is in the top 25 roster for the Bulldogs and it looks like he’ll be playing first grade this year, so that’s a big boost for Tom to have with him at the club.”

Interesting to see he got interest from several clubs

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/mcgrady-to-take-next-step-with-bulldogs/2902460/

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lindon mcgrady is gonna play first grade this year? When did this happen?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lindon mcgrady is gonna play first grade this year? When did this happen?
Yea, that was an optimistic statement.
Mcgrady is no where near playing first grade.
Maybe he meant that he's training with the FG squad ?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's got to learn to tackle first bud

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There has been that many McGrady relatives floating throughout the 20's since it's inception. One of them surely has to make it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There has been that many McGrady relatives floating throughout the 20's since it's inception. One of them surely has to make it.
More Mundine Relos than McGrady's? Lol...lol na wait, don't tell me.. the Mundine's and McGradys are related also?? Haha

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will be the same as almost all of the young and promising brigade in the club. Our illustrious coach will not give any of them a go. Just develops them and lets them go.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Back when his Uncle Ewan McGrady played there were a lot of his relatives in league at the same time then too. They are breeders the McGradys lol. And they like league.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They are also a good family that hasn't had any of their kids/cousins go off the rails.

Wish Thomas all the best with the Under 20s this year, and hopefully he can impress and one day become the second McGrady to play for this proud club of ours.

That said, not sure who are lineup for 20s will be this year.

1. Kyle Krizanski-Kennedy
2. Marcello Montoya
3. ??
4. Rueben Rennie
5. Jayden Okonbour

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay we're signing up Thomas McGrady, as a winger for the Holden Cup.

Going on the line of McGradys we've already had at the Dogs they've all been very fast but on the small side. To be successful as a winger these days its not only speed that is needed but also to be a big strong unit who can take a high ball in attack and defence.

So, does anyone know of Thomas's size, strength and high ball skills?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is 175cm and he is a fullback or a5/8
Thanks bullpup71. Now I'm hoping that he'll develop into a five eighth who can tackle and has a kicking game. Hmm... I think that I'd better keep my "dream ons" to the 2016 season.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wish Thomas all the best with the Under 20s this year, and hopefully he can impress and one day become the second McGrady to play for this proud club of ours
He would actually be the 3rd Mcgrady to play 1st grade for us if he makes it. Ewan's brother Jason(RIP) played 7 games in 1st grade in the early 90's.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
More Mundine Relos than McGrady's? Lol...lol na wait, don't tell me.. the Mundine's and McGradys are related also?? Haha
What are you talking about you queer ****

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, that was an optimistic statement.
Mcgrady is no where near playing first grade.
Maybe he meant that he's training with the FG squad ?
We are not exactly swimming in halves depth .lol .. So it's quite possible considering injuries

Last edited by a moderator:

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I got a mate who's involved with the Grafton Ghosts footy club up there so I asked him about this kid in an email.

thought I'd share his his reply with y'all.

I have watched him and his cousin Nick McGrady play since they were young kids in Junior League and they have always been a bit above the rest.

They played under 18's for the Rebels last two seasons and have also had experience in first grade, Tom playing in a winning 1st grade Grand Final team.

Nick is also a very good player who is a five eighth with good ball skills.

Thomas played fullback and is more speedy and good on his feet. Only a skinny kid but I am sure the Bulldogs will work on that. They would obviously be relations of Ewan.

Status
Not open for further replies.