This kid has really good potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok so obviously Des and the crew know more than we do, and maybe Des does not want to rush this player because he is very calm and patient with blooding new players into first grade. The player I am referring to is Tyrone Phillips.

I believe he should replace Sam Perrett and should be given a chance to prove himself in the pre-season trial games. He could even potentially play centre and team with Curtis Rona.

Here are some facts:

- played lapa (La Perouse United?) and matto (Harold Matts?)
- was stand out player regarded future player for nrl when he played with James Roberts
- in my opinion his speed and defence is better than James Roberts

I seriously think that this guy is a pure freak talent and I hope Des gives him another go. If you guys can find it, go and watch when he played vs the Raiders where he totally killed them. He did not score a try but he looked very dangerous with the ball.

I really hope we do not waste this talent.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Guess the issue right now for swapping Phillips for Perrett, is we need some senior minds out their on the field, that said, he can't really be far off at all, he's only had 1 game at this point..... it would be good to see a few more at some point through out the year.

(and, posts a not so easy to read with no breaks in them or full stops)

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really hope Perrett is made to earn his spot in the wing

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
L
Ok so abviously des and the crew know more then us but maybe des don't wanna rush this player cause he's very calm and patient with building players I'm talking about Tyrone Phillips here is what I got to say well first he should replace Sam perret and prove him self during trials as a good winger or centre and team with Rona as for his potential here is some facts played lapa and matto and was stand out player regarded future player for nrl when he played with James Roberts talks always escalated who is better as I personally think right now James Roberts is a freak and no one can match his speed there is one boy with the right team and training that can match James Roberts and that's Tyrone Phillips he has speed he can score and his defence is getting better I seriously think and seen this guy play for all the teams he has represented and he's a pure freak talent played with James Roberts and always could match him but I really hope des gives him another go if u guys have acess to raiders vs bulldogs he totaly killed them he didn't score but when he had the ball he was very dangerous and killed the opposing winger or centre whatever he played anyway guys what do you guys think of him just some facts about Tyrone no point of wasting talent
Holy smoke man - how about introducing these: . , !

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

There you go. I noticed u were all out of fullstops, so i thought id send u some.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His defense is still questionable and he's vulnerable under the high ball. I saw him play in the Test match against PNG and he hardly stood out against an inferior team full of QLD cup players. People will want him to go back to NSW cup once he start letting in soft tries.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His defense is still questionable and he's vulnerable under the high ball. I saw him play in the Test match against PNG and he hardly stood out against an inferior team full of QLD cup players. People will want him to go back to NSW cup once he start letting in soft tries.
Defence just isn't up to FG standard at the moment. He has potential that still needs to be fulfilled, but he is not there yet

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fixed it up a bit:

Ok, so obviously Des and the crew know more than us but maybe des don't want to rush this player ‘cause he's very calm and patient with building players. I'm talking about Tyrone Phillips. Here is what I have to say.

First, he should replace Sam Perret if he proves himself during trials as a good winger or centre then team him with Rona. As for his potential, here are some facts. Played Lapa and Matto and was a standout player, highly regarded future player in the NRL when he played with James Roberts. Talks always escalate on who is better as I personally think right now that James Roberts is a freak and no one can match his speed. There is one boy with the right team and training that can match James Roberts and that's Tyrone Phillips.

He has speed, he can score, and his defence is getting better. From what I’ve seen I seriously think he's a pure freak talent. Played with James Roberts and always could match him. I really hope Des gives him another go.

If you guys have access to Raiders vs Bulldogs, he totally killed them. He didn't score but when he had the ball he was very dangerous and killed the opposing winger or centre whatever he played. Anyway guys, what do you guys think of him. Just some facts about Tyrone. No point of wasting talent.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
lol I edited the OP without seeing Jacob was thinking the same thing :D

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im
all for giving the young guys a go this season and see if mr has been can nurture them and look after them like Wayne Bennett does

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol I edited the OP without seeing Jacob was thinking the same thing :D
I imagine that this is what it's like to be an archaeologist deciphering ancient texts.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This guy is no where near as good as Roberts. He is at best a nsw cup player.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Comparing players when they were in juniors doesn't mean shit, I could say i was good as Thuston when i was in u/8s .

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comparing players when they were in juniors doesn't mean shit, I could say i was good as Thuston when i was in u/8s .
Mate I was better and if it wasn't for that stubbed little toe, who knows what could have happened

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anything it wasnt phillips defence but his hands were ordinary but he has alot of talent and speed and most definately is a better option than perret and once his hands improve hell be sensational on the wing

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everything has a reason in life.

There is a reason Tyrone Phillips hasn't cracked the big league at 21 years of age yet, and it's not because of Perrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.