This just annoys me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not impressed that my taxes have been wasted on an imbocile who thinks chasing a teenager in a a reckless high speed pursuit indiscrimately killing someones child, mother, father, is benefitting the community . You should hang your head in shame not parade your pathetic useless job like a badge of honour .
Our taxes are being wasted on things which are much larger issues in NSW...

Also so you know police are instructed to stop chasing when a pursuit becomes dangerous or a threat to the public

Police are just following and policing the law that is set by the courts and politicians, my good friends who are police don't like how soft the laws and courts are but that's how it is...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our taxes are being wasted on things which are much larger issues in NSW...

Also so you know police are instructed to stop chasing when a pursuit becomes dangerous or a threat to the public

Police are just following and policing the law that is set by the courts and politicians, my good friends who are police don't like how soft the laws and courts are but that's how it is...
How do they determine when it becomes dangerous or a threat to the public?
I mean these guys are more than aware that speeding increases the risk of harm to the public at an exponential rate every km over the safe driving speed they go.
I want to know what the point is of chasing a teenager in a stolen ute when the chances are extremely high that their actions wil result in the teenager losing control and wrapping the ute around a telegraph pole or into oncoming traffic killing himself and others
Its nothing but an adrenaline rush for these police junkies and should be outlawed like it has been in other states of the country.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you on the drink or something? There is no group more accountable for every action they take than the police in this state. There are over 100 oversight bodies and special interest groups who regularly raise issues of concern through parliament, the courts and commissions of inquiry. By all means stop police chasing criminals. It will certainly make cops lives easier but what do you think the criminals will do? Obey the speed limit? Not commit crimes? Criminals regularly steal cars and roar through our streets, more often than not crashing them without the police even being within coee. Despite what you think police pursuits very rarely result in crashes. On any given day across the state there would be over 50 of them and how many crashes are there - maybe 1 in 10,000 and the bulk of them are after the police have stopped pursuing them. There are strict protocols in place the maximise community safety - which is why this particular pursuit was terminated.

Now to the Lindt siege, another subject you have little knowledge of. The Prime Minister had nothing to do with it - no matter who he was, it is a State matter and the Premier has no control over operational police matters and the only person responsible for the devastation as you put it was the filthy criminal who took them hostage. There was absolutely nothing to be gained from him talking with anyone. it would have been another meaningless rant that would've only inflamed him further and potentially led to more deaths.
Well said

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said
You do realise that 3 other states in the country have outlawed the police chase due to the high mortality rate.
Maybe you and oatley dog can get together one day so your two brain cells can hook up.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
You do realise that 3 other states in the country have outlawed the police chase due to the high mortality rate.
Maybe you and oatley dog can get together one day so your two brain cells can hook up.
At the start I thought you had a good point. But the more I read on, the more clear it became of how much of an idiot you really are lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's nothing to be pissed off about really , this is the world we live in.. I fucking hate police pursuits on the road AND the cops are unaccountable when they kill innocents in the way... for what??! A stolen car , a bank robbery? Some guy had coke in his car??
Is that worth killing the lives of innocent people?

Fuck the police chase off..

And fuck the prime minister who was in charge in 2015 during the Lindt terrorist attack.. Think it was that big eared dude.. He is responsible for the devastation, why couldn't he just give the fucker a flag and whatever else he wanted? Why couldn't he just talk to him?? I bet if his kid or wife or parent was a hostage he'd have done it then dealt with the filth bag later.

He was grossly incompetent ..
Why make excuses for the person who causes the situation. Responsibility lies with them and so should full accountability. There are already measures in place around conducting or continuing pursuits and if no pursuits were conducted then it would be a green light to speed off every time.

Perhaps with driverless cars this may be a thing of the past, but I am sure someone will figure out how to hack into them and override the controls.

The policy has always been don't negotiate with terrorists. Otherwise it would be a much more frequent occurrence if we gave into their demands. You may even get crazy stuff like the 1st episode of Black Mirror on Netflix.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why make excuses for the person who causes the situation. Responsibility lies with them and so should full accountability. There are already measures in place around conducting or continuing pursuits and if no pursuits were conducted then it would be a green light to speed off every time.

Perhaps with driverless cars this may be a thing of the past, but I am sure someone will figure out how to hack into them and override the controls.

The policy has always been don't negotiate with terrorists. Otherwise it would be a much more frequent occurrence if we gave into their demands. You may even get crazy stuff like the 1st episode of Black Mirror on Netflix.
Who's making excuses for the scumbag perpetrator ?? Just saying the method the NSW cops are using is not viable in an overcrowded city where the risk of harm to others is a real problem . There's countless incidences where people have been killed because if it. A 3 year old girl playing in her front yard was killed because of it only a few months ago.
And your point about a green light to do as you please is thwarted by technology .. There's speed cameras, red light cameras GPS tracking, helicopters etc ..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
'Has always been' lol that rationale begs to be punched in the head.

If a madman has a person you love with a knife to their throat and asks you to give him your wallet what do you do? Do you just walk away and say not negotiating? I think you've mixed up Hollywood with real life

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Has always been' lol that rationale begs to be punched in the head.

If a madman has a person you love with a knife to their throat and asks you to give him your wallet what do you do? Do you just walk away and say not negotiating? I think you've mixed up Hollywood with real life
Not sure what you mean by your first comment, but I'm assuming you're not suggesting I should be punched in the head?

Your loved one with a knife example (assuming it's a thief and not someone who is mad), of course I'd hand over a wallet, as it would be obvious theft is their end game. If it's a hostage situation and that person's end game could be to try and kill everyone there, well that's a completely different situation that requires a different approach.

Anyway this is a football forum so it's probably best the discussion is kept to football.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol one brain cell! I think that's the pot calling the kettle black.There is only one single cell organism in this conversation and it's not me.some of my best mates are coppers you are talking shit

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol one brain cell! I think that's the pot calling the kettle black.There is only one single cell organism in this conversation and it's not me.some of my best mates are coppers you are talking shit
some of my best mates are crown prosecutors and lawyers so what??
The purpose of my post was to share my point of view on police pursuits , coupled with examples to substantiate my pov. how's that talking shit?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I hate Tony Abbott, absolutely cannot stand the hateful, deceitful moron. But it was definitely correct that he did not speak to Man Monis, nor that they give the flag to him.

Giving the flag could have been the starting point of him killing people.

Letting him speak to the PM opens the avenue for future terrorists making absurd demands such as this.

The unfortunate thing is, our police weren't really equipped completely to handle this, and by not being equipped I mean they don't have the experience as these situations are a rare thing in our country.
That's not entirely true. They do, the only reason this one got so much attention was because it involved a Muslim requesting an ISIS flag. Did you know at the time of this seige, there were another 3 going on at the same time around the state? There are hostage situations or seige's happening all the time around this country, just because it doesn't involve you-know-what doesn't mean it's not happening.

As for the Police, their tactic was to wait for him to sleep before storming the place. If however he started killing people, then they would storm it as well - sadly that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.