This is why I love Corey Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He should be 1st choice but in all honesty if rona isn't the better player I'm going to be pissed off.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly why I too love Corey Thompson. STAYS on his wing and inevitably always finishes any chance with a try. On kick returns is strong and as shown on the video is very good at getting out of the in goal area. He goes looking to take the hit ups to take the pressure off the forwards when working our way out of the red zone. Is so much better for the season he has had 2014 and I look forward to seeing just how Des uses him next year. His favoured spot is fullback having played quite a few games there prior to coming to the Dogs ; unlike other posters here would love to see him given a chance in the pre season to try and make the spot his own. I know that some have been saying we need that x factor and we should be looking at buying a top line fullback, but why don't we try before we buy?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You my boy Tommo!!!! Would love to see him at FB
Give him 2015 at fullback and chase Folau or Hayne in 2016.

Yes I said Hayne, he will be back when he fails in Murika.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the kid. All heart.

If half the players in the league played with as much as he did, the standard of League would go up substantially.

His size is definitely a worry though. Just remember Utai.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They didn't include his try against Souths, or his quick-tap and run from the 20m line against Manly, which helped set-up a field goal.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should be guranteed a spot on the wing or at fullback just as long as he is in them 17 every week.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A young El masri and Turner. He will only get better but cementing a wing spot ahead of Rona, Perrett, Morris and Loko will be a mission.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A young El masri and Turner. He will only get better but cementing a wing spot ahead of Rona, Perrett, Morris and Loko will be a mission.
A mission I think he can succeed at. What , you see is what you get with Corey as per the interview. He is very unassuming young man ;met him at the last fan day and he spoke of the club in glowing terms. Methinks he is a keeper.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give him 2015 at fullback and chase Folau or Hayne in 2016.

Yes I said Hayne, he will be back when he fails in Murika.
even though how good those players are I would never go for them

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd like to see Rona under Des have a go...
He may be a gun but he would be another winger playing fullback.

Corey deserves the first crack at it, he has earned it, the kid has the heart of a lion.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He may be a gun but he would be another winger playing fullback.

Corey deserves the first crack at it, he has earned it, the kid has the heart of a lion.
His good but not god enough for a fulltime NRL fullback. Rona is a Centre and has played 5/8 in the past, im not saying his good but if he is he'll be better than Thompson at the back for us.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2014/10/17/corey_thompson_season_review.html
I hate how everyone says he is not good enough to be our winger because of his size ect but I hope he keeps proving everyone wrong and that he should be our 1 choice winger next year
I don't think too many have said he is too small for the wing? His performance was great this year and kept getting better, so I think he cleared away most of those who doubted him.

Some pretty solid stocks in possible wingers will be with us next year. If the Bmoz rumour comes of, he is a lock for 1 wing spot which leaves maybe 4 guys fighting it out for one wing spot....... whoever gets it will certainly have to earn it.

(and if Bmoz doesn't come off, we still have a double supply of wingers - unless Des has other plans for one or more of these guys)

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bret Morris cause he is way cheaper than both of those players and arguably better
I'm genuinely curious to hear your argument for better than Hayne... Especially when we are talking about a fullback.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
His good but not god enough for a fulltime NRL fullback. Rona is a Centre and has played 5/8 in the past, im not saying his good but if he is he'll be better than Thompson at the back for us.
I didn't know he is a centre, but he killed it on the wing. 6 tries and 4 try assists from 7 games on the wing from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.